Shuffle shirt lets you wear your iPod shuffle | iLounge News

Shuffle shirt lets you wear your iPod shuffle

picShuffleshirt.com has announced the Shuffle shirt, a T-shirt specifically designed for the iPod shuffle. The Shuffle shirt features a pocket on the left sleeve to snugly hold the device.

“Why be bound by an armband or leashed by a lanyard? Slip your Shuffle into your Shuffle shirt and shuffle on. With your Shuffle tucked into your Shuffle shirt, it is protected and conveniently within reach without being in the way of your everyday activities.”

The $20 shirts are available in black and yellow. Each Shuffle shirt has a slogan such as “The Playlist is Dead,” “Sorry… I can’t hear you. I’m shuffling.” and “I shuffle, therefore I am.”

« DLO debuts black, silver Transpods

Windows: iPod-TV 1.0 released »

Comments

Or feel free to use one of the billions of shirts already available with pockets.

Posted by croooow in Fairfax, VA on March 14, 2005 at 12:20 PM (CST)

or that “cigarette lighter” pocket sewn into jeans

Posted by croooow in Fairfax, VA on March 14, 2005 at 12:20 PM (CST)

I actually feel bad for the dork who’d buy this shirt.

Posted by petro on March 14, 2005 at 12:35 PM (CST)

Maybe if they were plain or you were able to pick some design maybe it might be worth it.

Posted by davidejr on March 14, 2005 at 12:39 PM (CST)

Yellow t-shirts attract bees, don’t they?

Posted by Magic Rabbits in Aberdeen, Scotland on March 14, 2005 at 1:24 PM (CST)

God, these people really know Apple fanatics.  These shirts are gonna sell like hotcakes.

Posted by stark23x on March 14, 2005 at 1:36 PM (CST)

“The Playlist is Dead”?

I’m pretty sure iTunes still uses playlists.

And am I the only one who doesn’t want to shuffle all my songs?

Posted by croooow in Fairfax, VA on March 14, 2005 at 1:37 PM (CST)

My reaction to these shirts was, at first, like everyone else - that this product is lame. But if you think about it for a second this company might end up making a nice profit.
If you consider the number of iPod shuffles being sold and who the owners are you might come accross a group of teenagers, girlfriends, wives, son and daughters. People that would normaly not be part of our iPod community and thrive on “cute” stuff. So you introduce a product that is “cute” and mix it in with the already popular ipod shuffle and you have a pretty large market to earn a proffit from. Now ofcourse bein of “higher standards” I would not be caught in a shirt like this BUT being in a relationship and enjoying suprising her with unique gifts I think she, now a Shuffle owner, might think something like this is “sooooo cuuute” and score me some get-out-of-trouble points down the line when I spend another 100 dollars on ipod accessories. I guess we will have to sit and wait in the long run but I think they might do okay if they market these shirts correctly.
That’s my rare two cents.

PS: Magic Rabbit: if yellow attacts bees then there should be honey near by right??? LOL.

Posted by djJASMAN in California on March 14, 2005 at 1:41 PM (CST)

this company has the word “shuffle” written on their ‘welcome’ page about 12 times.

i just think that needed to be noted by somebody.

also the model wearing the shirt is somehow hovering above the ground. spooky.. or just a great new feature?

finally, should we expect a super-shuffle shirt in the next few days?

Posted by mike rundle on March 14, 2005 at 1:43 PM (CST)

oh and the phrase “que sera sera, what shuffle will be will be” is the worst slogan i have ever seen printed on anything.

Posted by mike rundle on March 14, 2005 at 1:45 PM (CST)

finally, the disclaimer page is awesome:

“Shuffleshirt cannot be held responsible for any damage to your shuffle, including but not limited to:

* Washing your Shuffleshirt with your iPod Shuffle still in it.
  * Swimming in your Shuffleshirt with your iPod Shuffle still in it.
  * Heavy perspiration resulting in damage to your iPod Shuffle.”

Posted by mike rundle on March 14, 2005 at 1:46 PM (CST)

i think they should drop the “r” from shuffleshirt.

Posted by petro on March 14, 2005 at 1:55 PM (CST)

lmao

Posted by Kloan in Toronto, ON on March 14, 2005 at 2:16 PM (CST)

The sad thing is that people will buy it and before you know it 3 mor companies will have created the same shirt, and then then will start making it for other iPods, and then…....STOP THE INSANITY!!

Posted by schaaking in Minneapolis on March 14, 2005 at 2:19 PM (CST)

no issue with the basic design of the shirts, buy man, what an ugly font.

There could also be one which says
“Attention Muggers! I am carry a highly sought-after electronic device”.

Posted by Lawrence Mikkelsen in New Zealand on March 14, 2005 at 2:25 PM (CST)

I can’t wait until the Pod becomes mainstream enough
to where I’d start seeing Joe Schmoes rolling them up
in their shirt sleeves.

Left pocket - smokes
Right pocket - ipod

Posted by e-baby on March 14, 2005 at 2:37 PM (CST)

Not only does iTunes use playlists… so does the Shuffle. That’s a key way to customize what gets sent to your Shuffle.

In any case, $20 is no worse than plenty of over-priced clothing… at least this has something actually physically unique: pocket on the sleeve.

I’m not one of the many people who is personally offended by an iPod accessory just because it’s not one I personally desire :)

Posted by Nagromme on March 14, 2005 at 3:17 PM (CST)

One thing that bothers me about this company is its use of “ShuffleCulture” in its intro text, as though “ShuffleCulture” were an alleged cultural movement. They are trying to produce cool where none exists.

A company like Apple may be able to get away with this: the company that produces the product that creates the pop culture holds the power to “spin” its consumer image however it likes. A company that produces an accessory—a para-product, if you like—must appeal to an established fanbase, or it risks looking like a bandwagon trifle.

What is different and key to Apple’s advertising genius is its ability to imply a certain status of a product (and thus its owner) without using a condescending tactic like, “We’re a part of ShuffleCulture, are you? Then buy this shirt!”

Apple knows that the iPod speaks for itself in many ways, so there is no need for copywriters to subject us to sentences like, “The iPod Shuffle is about freedom,” “Freedom with abandon,” and “Slip your Shuffle into your Shuffleshirt and shuffle on…” Having uncertainty and randomness is not the same as having freedom. “Freedom with abandon” is redundant (never mind that it doesn’t even make grammatical sense). The last one sounds as ridiculous as “Sally sells sea shells by the sea shore.” Horrible.

I understand that a comapny has to do what a company has to do to sell products. I’m simply observing the ways in which this company is killing itself with its own marketing.

A product’s value is inversely proportional to the heavy-handedness of its advertising.

Posted by TiBook Terry in Minneapolis, MN on March 14, 2005 at 3:19 PM (CST)

Hey petro, they would sell more of these shirts if the ‘r’ was removed.

How about shuffle thongs or shuffle boxers.

Posted by TheArranger in USA on March 15, 2005 at 9:32 AM (CST)

Can you say “Ugly Mug-Magnet”?? Announce to the world that you’ve not only got white earbuds so there’s a high CHANCE you have an iPod, but let the mugger know the EXACT make and model?? Really smart! The “steal-to-order” muggers are going to love you… and YOUR SHIRT!

Why not just make a shirt that has a pocket to fit a 60GB iPod Photo and say “I’ve got a $500 iPod Photo in my Left Arm Pocket… Care to Mug Me?” What morons!

If I see somebody with that shirt I’m going to mug them myself just to teach them a lesson- I’ll give back the iPod immediately after teaching the the lesson, of course, LOL!

Oh, and another thing of note: you don’t have to wash an armband after every use like a shirt! Or worry about your Shuffle falling out of that pocket if you lift your arms up!!

What a bunch of trend-wh0ring idiots!

Posted by FallN in New York, NY on March 15, 2005 at 1:57 PM (CST)

Page 1 of 2 pages  1 2 >