ShuffleClip for iPod shuffle announced | iLounge News

ShuffleClip for iPod shuffle announced

picThe ShuffleClip is a new accessory for your iPod shuffle that allows you to clip the device virtually anywhere. “Formed from a single piece of transparent PETG polymer, the ShuffleClip compliments the design of your iPod while keeping it safe and secure,” says the company behind the add-on. “PETG is an extremely strong, yet flexible material that in many ways behaves more like aluminum than plastic. And unlike products made from other materials, the ShuffleClip will never scratch your iPod.” The ShuffleClip sells for $14.95.

« Mix: Grateful Dead, Duke, Negativland, Podcasting

Wall Street Journal seeks unique iPod user (updated) »

Comments

i love the shuffle, have not used my regular ipod ever since.  but i have still not found a good way to carry them, perhaps this is the answer but it is a bit pricey for a clip!  the lanyard does not work when you are running, it moves around too much and hits your chest, the armband might work but not if you are wearing a jacket in the winter

Posted by khyberny on March 1, 2005 at 7:52 AM (PDT)

hey, now I can use my shuffle as a clothes peg :o)

Posted by Magic Rabbits in Aberdeen, Scotland on March 1, 2005 at 7:56 AM (PDT)

What CAN scratch your iPod is grit in between the clip and the player. That’s why I don’t use a protective skin with my iPod. (A cloth sleeve seems to be a little safer.)

Scratches aren’t the end of the world of course smile

Posted by Nagromme on March 1, 2005 at 8:37 AM (PDT)

good idea. exactly what i’m looking for. seems like a lot better idea than the other company that attached to the USB part as i think that could come loose easier.
are these available for purchse now?

Posted by mdwsta4 on March 1, 2005 at 9:21 AM (PDT)

Sure looks like they’re available for purchase here:

Posted by AndyH in Berwyn, PA on March 1, 2005 at 9:32 AM (PDT)

i would attach it to my baseball cap!

minimize those annoying dangling spaghetti cords, the sony fontopia earbuds can be split in two and are perfect for the ipod, sounds great too

Posted by khyberny on March 1, 2005 at 10:30 AM (PDT)

Have to take it out of the clip to remove USB cap and update, so no sale.

Something like the belt clip that comes with the mini would be perfect. I’ve been trying to find a way to make a clip, maybe out of something designed for another, similar-sized product, thhat suits me.

Posted by JamieSPC in Birmingham, AL on March 1, 2005 at 10:41 AM (PDT)

jamieSPC
you have to take it out to turn it on/off too. what’s the big deal?

Posted by mdwsta4 on March 1, 2005 at 11:22 AM (PDT)

I’m still more interested in the soon to be released shufflemate (http://www.shufflemate.com/). It has an integrated cord management system. This clip seems to just eliminate the lanyard. You still have 3 feet of headphone cable. I also don’t see how securely it really stores the shuffle. It seels like it’s more of a holster type. what happens if it is turned upside down?

Posted by mladd on March 1, 2005 at 12:36 PM (PDT)

I ordered one- they’re available now.  If you look at the animated GIF on their homepage you can see it is secured on all four sides in some capacity or another.  My guess at this point is that there is a little bit of flex in the material it is made out of that enables the shuffle to “snap” in.

The USB replacement clips seem like a lesser of an idea to me.  This seems more secure.  Also, The shufflemate seems okay but it is more bulky and I don’t really want to wrap any of the cord up since i’ll be clipping to my waistband or shorts pocket.

Posted by irun5k on March 1, 2005 at 3:46 PM (PDT)

I got mine today! I haven’t had a chance to give it a thorough testing, but it’s easy to pop the Shuffle in and out of the clip. My only concern is that the clip itself might come off pretty easily from your pocket, or whatever it’s clipped to. It feels and looks olike plexiglass. More later.

Posted by Geo in Fort Myers on March 18, 2005 at 11:40 AM (PDT)

the shuffleclip can be summed up in one word…CHEAP!

just got mine today and i’m very disappointed…the plastic is cut cheaply, the edges are rough, the clip portion isn’t level with the rest…i had purchased it to mount in my car, but i only mounted it temporarily and will replace it with the power support mount when it becomes available.

Posted by cletus on March 29, 2005 at 2:19 PM (PDT)

I just got my shuffleclip and i agree with the last response…it is CHEAP….

it feels like cheap plastic that can easily be snapped if you don’t unclip it properly.

I don’t understand how they can charge $15 dollars for something that probably cost 50 cents to make….but i guess they have to pay the designer.

In addition, the customer service at the shuffleclip site from where i ordered mine is not helpful at all.  it took almost 6 weeks from the time i ordered mine to arrive.

My advise is NOT to waste your money on this piece of crap…..

Posted by tycol25 on April 8, 2005 at 11:08 AM (PDT)

i’ll be waiting to see what you guys say about the shuffleclip. that was the single biggest (or is it smallest) piece of junk i’ve ever seen. mine came to me broken. after about a half dozen unanswered emails i finally received a response back advising me to return the product for a full refund. product returned and….. no refund, no responses, nothing. horrible customer service. horrible product.
By mdwsta4 on 04.22.05 at 05:01 AM

I agree with mdwsta4. I experienced the same thing! Ian Sanderson from ShuffleClip stole my money. I returned it like he said in order to get my refund. It’s been a month and I have no refund or answers to over 10 emails to him. Jeremy I hope you tell people not to buy from this guy. He is a scam artist!!!

Posted by ben123789 on April 22, 2005 at 7:47 AM (PDT)