Shure E2 earphones for $69.00 | iLounge News

Shure E2 earphones for $69.00

MicrophoneSolutions.com is offering the Shure E2 earphones for $69.00 + shipping (around $6.00) using coupon code G88E88. This offer is for a limited time. You get the 30 day Money back guarantee. Beware of e-tailers that advertise the E2 for less than $99. That means they’re not authorized dealers. The E2 you buy from MicrophoneSolutions comes with a 2 YEAR replacement and/or repair by Shure.

« LoadPod comes to San Francisco

iTMS tops 85 million downloads »

Comments

Not sure if anyone noticed, but they claim to BE authorized retailers….make sense?

Posted by Businessman on June 9, 2004 at 5:41 AM (CDT)

I also found this confusing. If Microphone Soultions are selling them for less than $99, they mustn’t be authorized retailers. Perhaps a typo?

Posted by Fred on June 9, 2004 at 6:36 AM (CDT)

I bought these last time MicrophoneSolutions had them on sale for about $80 including shipping and they are great.  You need to insert them fully into the ear for optimum sound quality.  It helps if you are used to wearing earplugs.  I have heard chimes/cymbles and other things I didn’t know were even in the music I have been listening to for years.  One important note, don’t use them if you need to hear traffic noises or wife instructions because they block them all out.  A sometimes dangerous situation.
=:-{))

Posted by Xtoast in midwest usa on June 9, 2004 at 7:00 AM (CDT)

They’re saying not to buy from OTHER retailers offering them less than $99, because they don’t include the warranty. It just so happens that they offer the warranty AND they have a competative price. Very tempting.

Posted by Sam on June 9, 2004 at 8:03 AM (CDT)

To clarify: Authorized Shure dealers CANNOT advertise on their website the E2 for less than $99.00 If you go to MicrophoneSolutions.com you will see that they advertise the E2 for $99.00

The $30.00 coupon code is a special offer privately posted at iPodlounge news for iPodlounge members.

Authorized Shure dealers can sell the E2 for whatever amount they want as long as the selling price posted on their website is NOT lower than $99

Sorry for the confusion on the choice of words.

Posted by Jojo on June 9, 2004 at 8:40 AM (CDT)

Maybe I shouldn’t mention this, but that coupon code seems to work for ALL the Shures…I guess its time to buy my E3s….

Posted by Druid on June 9, 2004 at 9:04 AM (CDT)

ooh… soo tempted… I could buy a second pair for the office so I don’t have to cart them around… nice case, but a bit bulky compared to just popping the white earbuds in the soft carry case… a set at work would save me from using the white earbuds here or carrying it around.
but if it works for all of them… hmm… e3 for home, e2 for work?

Posted by JC on June 9, 2004 at 9:08 AM (CDT)

In January, I purchased some E2s from some random e-Bay retailer (NEWEARTHAUDIO) for $69.00 (new).  When one of the ear pieces started cutting out on me, I sent them straight back to Shure with all the documents that came with them.  No problems.  Got a brand new pair direct from Shure in a week.

Posted by seattleslough on June 9, 2004 at 9:54 AM (CDT)

ummmm, B&H Photo in NYC has them for under $99 and I believe they are authorized dealers. Care to clarify?

Posted by Chomper on June 9, 2004 at 10:23 AM (CDT)

Ok so i am looking to order some headphones from the UK for my iPod. Its out of the E2 and the E3’s from the site above and the totals are as follows.

E2 = $107 /

Posted by iPodphreak in UK on June 9, 2004 at 12:26 PM (CDT)

Chomper,

I’m sure B&H sells the E2 for less than $99. Now if you go to their website you wil see that their ADVERTISED price is $99.00.

B&H is an authorized dealer.

Authorized dealers can sell for whatever they want. The keyword here is “ADVERTISE”. MicrophoneSolutions advertise on their website for $99 They’re authorized dealers.

As for replacements and repairs for 2 years, sometimes you will get lucky and Shure will not require an invoice. In most cases however an invoice will be requested and you better have an invoice issued by an authorized dealer if your E2 goes bad 9-18 months down the road.

Posted by Jojo on June 9, 2004 at 1:06 PM (CDT)

Well… what about e3’s?  I just recently bought some from eCost as they were having another one of their Bargain Countdown sales on them.  Does that mean that I can’t get Shure replacement and warranty stuff from them?

Posted by Cakkc on June 9, 2004 at 6:59 PM (CDT)

I bought E2c’s and E3c’s and wasn’t impressed. Not enough “thumpy” bass. Oh well. They’re cheap enough now, eh?

Posted by Josh F. on June 9, 2004 at 10:08 PM (CDT)

Does anyone know how long this sale will last?

Posted by Coolpepper43 on June 9, 2004 at 11:47 PM (CDT)

Fri 6/11/2004 10:41 AM
Shure E3 Earphones (grey   E3               1 179.00
color) same as Shure E3c
(white color) FREE Ground

Subtotal 179.00
                      Coupon discount -44.00
                        (f135e3200)

Posted by Robert on June 11, 2004 at 12:13 PM (CDT)