Shure E2 earphones for $75 | iLounge News

Shure E2 earphones for $75

Microphone Solutions has lowered the price of the Shure E2 or E2c earphones to $75.00 Use Coupon Code F75E2. All factory sealed with a 2 Year Warranty.

« Refurbished iPod 20GB for $299

What do you want in iTunes »

Comments

I’m contemplating getting a pair of these, even though with international shipping it brings the costs to $113.

Are they really that good? At the moment i am using the apple supplied headphones and they sound “ok” but are uncomfortable.

Posted by dmeineck on March 10, 2004 at 12:16 PM (CST)

Pretty much any headphones are more comfortable than the included ones.

Posted by dano on March 10, 2004 at 12:23 PM (CST)

Hmm… do they come with the carrying case or no? All the reviews I’ve read mention them coming with the case, but on the page, it offers a case as an option.
very very tempting, ‘specially because I wanted to pick up a new mic anyway….

Posted by JC on March 10, 2004 at 1:20 PM (CST)

ah, now I’m in a situation.  I was planning on buying the E3’s, but now that the E2’s are $25 cheaper I really don’t know what I’m going to do.  I don’t really want to spend $170 on a pair of earphones, but if they’re really that much better than the E2’s I will buy them.  Can anyone give me some suggestions as to what I should do?

Posted by Jeremy on March 10, 2004 at 2:46 PM (CST)

Jeremy -
If you have the liquidity, buy both and return whichever one you decide not to keep. They have a 30 day “simply put: if you are not satisfied we will give you your money back” return policy that covers the in-ear phones.

Posted by JC on March 10, 2004 at 3:22 PM (CST)

People who have these:  Are they worth it?

Posted by Jeremy (not the one who already posted) on March 10, 2004 at 3:46 PM (CST)

Jeremy,

Actually you can buy the E3 for $149.00 + shipping with Coupon Code F149E3 at www.MicrophoneSolutions.com

Or if you’re feeling like spending more, you can get the Shure E5 for $389.00 with Coupon Code F389E5 from this same vendor.

Posted by Jojo Jones on March 10, 2004 at 7:44 PM (CST)

I’ve got a pair, and I think they’re worth it.

Before these, I had a similar pair of Sony in-ear buds.The difference was that the Sony pair never really fit my ears that well, and kept falling out. With the e2’s, the fit is perfect, so I only have to adjust them once. This also means they’re better at blocking out ambient noise, making for a cleaner listening experience.

As far as overall sound quality, I’m not sure. They seem to sound better than my old ones, but I don’t consider myself an audiophile. They sound great with my iPod, anyway.

Posted by steeef on March 10, 2004 at 8:26 PM (CST)

I bought a pair a month or 2 back and they sound great, far better than the included earphones.

One warning though, with the proper fit these things block out almost ALL outside noise.

Another nice thing about the E2s is that since they are in your ear canal you can turn the volume down quite a bit and still get a nice loud sound, and hence save battery life.

Posted by Kador on March 11, 2004 at 9:01 AM (CST)

You could buy anything from Shure with no regrets. I would recommend their in-ear products above anything else. The block out noise, which means you don’t have to crank the volume and risk hearing loss over time. They sound incredible. True the E5s would sound even better, but those are more recommended for stage performance and may not be a necessary investment on a consumer level as the lower-end versions are already incredible. This would be the last pair of headphones you’ll ever want to try, until you’re enticed by the E5s.

Posted by Wolf on March 11, 2004 at 11:44 AM (CST)

I have a pair. The sound is great, though it takes some getting used to. You will get no bass unless the phones are really in your ear - it took me a bit to figure out how to make them work for me. The problem I have is that I have cable noise from them after about three months of use. It’s getting to the point where there’s just no sound from the left phone. I wrote Shure and told them I enjoyed the phones but felt that $100 was too much to pay for phones that don’t work after a few months. They e-mailed me back with a return form and told me to send them back for a brand-new pair. It’s not a perfect scenario, obviously, but they seem to take complaints seriously and remedy them efficiently.

Posted by mlc on March 11, 2004 at 2:47 PM (CST)

These are the best headphones I have ever used.  I ended up buying pair for both my sister and best friend because they loved mine so much.  Sound quality is amazing, and they fit perfectly.

(And the fact that they block out all exterior noise is especially nice for flying.)

Posted by A on March 11, 2004 at 9:36 PM (CST)

Just placed an order. Hope it’s worth the money. :-)

This discussion has a lot of useful information, including frequent comments from a member of the team from Shure that designed the e2.

Posted by JC on March 12, 2004 at 7:25 AM (CST)

Fantastic earphones.  Fantastic fit.  Nice case. ‘Nuf said!

Posted by Cker in Northern Ireland on March 16, 2004 at 3:52 AM (CST)

ordered mine last friday got them in the mail yesterday-monday.  Damn fast shipping !  First impressions :  Very good sound compared to any non in-ear phones I have tried and they stay in my ears better then original Apple buds or my Sony’s.  They cut out alot of outside noise but not all, which is fine with me.  At $75 you cant beat’em

Posted by Dale on March 16, 2004 at 1:54 PM (CST)