Shure E3 Earphones for $135 | iLounge News

Shure E3 Earphones for $135

Shure E3 iLounge Promotion extended until June 30. Shure E3 for $135.00 + shipping (around $5) at MicrophoneSolutions.com with 2 Year replacement/repair by Shure and 30 day Money Back Guarantee. Use same Coupon Code F135E3200.

Comments

Time for the fanboys to rejoice.

$135 headphones are great for sitting in a quiet room listening to music.  Sitting in a car or bus or walking around outside, you won’t notice if they cost a hundred dollars less.

If they were billion-dollar headphones, on sale for a million, you people would still be drooling over what a great deal it is.

Posted by Jeremy on May 19, 2004 at 11:20 AM (PDT)

this is probably true for MOST cheap headphones… in the case of “in-canal” phones like this, you’re completly sealed off from the outside word. soundwise i can’t tell the difference between my livingroom and downtown.

Posted by derby on May 19, 2004 at 1:02 PM (PDT)

hey unless you have used them and know how amazing they are dont make the billion-million comparison again…..i spent every single dollar i had on these and i dont regret it!!!!    if you think they are a waste go on enjoying your 40 buck apple earbuds and ill enjoy my high quality professional earbuds!!!

Posted by rivlinm on May 19, 2004 at 2:55 PM (PDT)

Troll.

Posted by Mortimer on May 19, 2004 at 3:46 PM (PDT)

I can see having decent headphones at home. But mine take so much abuse on the road that it would be a total waste.

Posted by guest on May 20, 2004 at 4:03 AM (PDT)

If billion dollar earphones were on sale for a million dollars that would be a good deal.  I mean, that’s a nine hundred and ninety nine million dollar discount.

That’s nice because I like my hundred gazillion dollar headphones, but I need a cheaper pair for casual use and working out and stuff.

Posted by Big Picnic on May 20, 2004 at 10:30 AM (PDT)

We all love those 99.99% discounts, but you have to realize it still costs a million damn dollars.

Posted by Jeremy on May 20, 2004 at 10:46 AM (PDT)

Jeremy, what you’re missing is that $135 is about three times the price of the nearest competitor (the Sony fontopias, in the in-the-ear form, with sound isolation), yet universally regarded as far more than three times better sound.

Posted by Druid on May 20, 2004 at 3:13 PM (PDT)

^^^ ever heard of a budget??

Posted by um on May 20, 2004 at 8:58 PM (PDT)

Druid: “What I find ridiculous is that someone would spend between $300 and $500 on a music device, then scrimp on their headphones.”

I second that.  That is similar to people “suping” up their cars with “performance parts” then buying the cheapest tires available.

Just as the tires are perhaps THE most performance limiting part for a race car, headphone/speakers are THE most limiting aspect of many sound systems.

Who cares if then Gen5 ipod gets lossless playback with 1MhZ sampling…. if you are playing the sound out of a tin can?

Posted by Kraniel on May 20, 2004 at 11:53 PM (PDT)

still available as of now

Posted by macmkaz on May 21, 2004 at 12:50 AM (PDT)

It’s still available now. Really wish I could spare the change.

Posted by Prudence in Somerville, MA on May 21, 2004 at 6:47 AM (PDT)

i’m gonna get mine, so get yours.  I wanna see sweat commin out your pores…

Posted by c + c on May 21, 2004 at 1:40 PM (PDT)

don’t be frontn’ on my lyrics!

Posted by marky mark on May 21, 2004 at 1:43 PM (PDT)

Hmm, don’t wanna “self-shill,” but I’m a pro audio dealer and sell ‘em at this price all day long. I’d say go for it; they perform well. If these guys run out, lmk and i’ll match this deal 24/7/365 if anyone’s interested…

Posted by Vinnie on June 1, 2004 at 10:18 AM (PDT)