Shure E3 earphones for $148 | iLounge News

Shure E3 earphones for $148

MicrophoneSolutions.com has just released its lowest price ever on the Shure E3 or E3c earphones. Use coupon code F148E3 and this will bring the price of the Shure E3 from $179 to $148 + shipping. Factory sealed units with a 2 Year Warranty and 30 DAY Money Back.

« Comedy Central spoofs iPod ads

Music disappears on iPod mini »

Comments

recently i have been seing headphones from 50-500 dollars…can some one explain if these indeed worth that abount of money…i understand they are smaller, and better audio, and prob more comfortable, but isi t really hundreds of bucks better then a pair of sony 15 buck headphones?

id love to know how you can spend that much money on them…

Posted by rivlinm on March 13, 2004 at 1:23 PM (PDT)

Absolutely.  I’m using Sony MDR-EX71s (about 50 bucks) and the increase in comfort and sound quality they afford over the “stock earbuds” is amazing.  Based on that, and all the reviews I’ve read of the E3C, I can’t wait to get my ears around these!

Posted by doc10house on March 13, 2004 at 3:28 PM (PDT)

You know how ipod reshaped the way you listen to music?  That’s what Shures will do for your ipod.

I’ve owned a lot of headphones in my life, large and small, and my E2s are the best I’ve ever used.  I can’t say first hand what the E3s or E5s are like, but I’m sure they are of the same, if not higher, caliber.  Do yourself a favor and get a pair.  They are well worth the money.

Posted by A on March 13, 2004 at 5:14 PM (PDT)

If you don’t think it will be worth the money then don’t get it.  Why do people drive mercedes while others are fine with a Hyundia? They both serve the same purpose.  Same with headphones - if you’re happy with a $15 pair, then keep it.

Posted by bob on March 14, 2004 at 8:09 AM (PDT)

not quite bob.  many people dont drive mercedes because they cant *afford* to drive them.  im sure that someone driving a “Hyundia” did not pick that vehicle over the benz.
obviously if you have the means to upgrade to these headphones they by all means you should.  if you cant spare the change to upgrade then stick with the apple earbuds.  but there is definately a reason for the increased price

Posted by jon on March 14, 2004 at 9:18 AM (PDT)

Jon -
Many, but not all. Lots of people could ‘afford’ a mercedes but don’t buy one, and at the same time, there are mercedes enthusiasts (though this seems to apply more for BMW and mercedes) who can’t really afford them, but make sacrifices to buy them. Same with the ipod, same with shure/etymotics earphones.

The ipod is a gateway drug to audiophilia (if that’s a word)... you have an ipod, and you wonder to yourself… this is so much better than everything else I’ve tried… is anything better than this? And you buy a pair of these ear candy headphones and you’re hooked. At least, I hope so. I bought shure e2s a couple of days ago and haven’t received htem yet… but I can definitely point at a good $200 of ipod related debt above and beyond my original $400 purchase.

And dammit, there’s nothing wrong with hyundais anymore… they’re damned nice cars. My black ‘03 sonata LX is one of the nicest looking cars on the street, has excellent features and only cost $20K.. to get the same quality and featureset in a honda or toyota would have run $25K and the car would have been as dull and boring as every other car on the street. I might as well have bought a sony diskman instead of an ipod grin

Posted by JC on March 14, 2004 at 10:51 AM (PDT)

“have an ipod, and you wonder to yourself… this is so much better than everything else I’ve tried… is anything better than this?”

I’ve heard that the Zen has better audio output quality.

Posted by dreamtime on March 14, 2004 at 1:43 PM (PDT)

yeah uh . . . sorry guys but my nomad jukebox 2 is a no-contest over my ipod mini for sound quality. you applephiles need to remember that any product creative makes is going to use a sound-blaster device, and any product apple makes is going to be use a sound-blaster compatible device. my mini ipod is super tiny; that’s why i bought it. but its built-in equalizer and sound card is truly pathetic.

and yeah, hyundai is an okay car right now, their upper range is fine. they targeted the foreign economy car market and built up from there. in another 10 years they will most likely be as mainstream as nissan.

Posted by nihil8r on March 14, 2004 at 7:55 PM (PDT)

yeah, well your nomad jukebox ain’t got nuttin on the The Amazing ELP Laser Turntable (shame such a nice piece of very expensive equipment has such a shoddy, ugly website)

As for creative… you might want to remember that creative doesn’t really have a particularly good reputation anymore, except in terms of “lowest common denominator”. Soundblaster compatible doesn’t mean soundblaster is the highest quality, just that it was easier to write for 10 years ago and became the ‘standard’ for games. The Hercules cards and the Turtle Beach Santa Cruz have better sound than the audigy, and cost less to boot.

Posted by JC on March 15, 2004 at 6:15 AM (PDT)