Shure E3 earphones for $149 | iLounge News

Shure E3 earphones for $149

Microphone Solutions is selling the new Shure E3 earphones for $149.00. Use Coupon Code F149E3 and it will bring the price of the E3 from $179.00 to $149.00 ($30 discount). Shipping aproximately $6.00

« Over 100,000 iPod minis pre-ordered

CNET rates iPod mini “Very good” »

Comments

Why, why, why can’t they do them with white wires? I want better earphones, but I want those pretty white wires that say “yes, I’m using an ipod. Don’t expect me to acknowledge your existence”

Kidding aside, it’s an aesthetic thing. white matches the ipod. black doesn’t… and it’s so commonly used, it’s like having a putty desktop.

Posted by Dennis Lloyd in Irvine, CA on February 16, 2004 at 3:39 PM (CST)

They do make them in white.  The model is the E3C.  It’s just that the E3’s are the ones they always have on sale.

Posted by Dennis Lloyd in Irvine, CA on February 16, 2004 at 3:47 PM (CST)

Get the white, retail version E3Cs here for $159

coupon code is “X3C”

enjoy.

Posted by Dennis Lloyd in Irvine, CA on February 16, 2004 at 3:52 PM (CST)

No, they don’t. The wires are still black. Only the earbud bit is white, and that’s jammed in your ear anyway.

Posted by Dennis Lloyd in Irvine, CA on February 16, 2004 at 4:15 PM (CST)

Depends how you wear the earbuds. I wear mine so that the wire goes over my ears and down my back. If the wires were fluorescent pink it wouldn’t make a difference ‘cause no one ever sees it.

I’m lovin’ the way they are designed, armed with them and my RF remote, no teacher can tell i’m listening to music in the middle of class :)

- Justin

Note: my hair covers my ears.. and i keep one ear unpluged in case the teacher starts yelling my name.

Posted by Dennis Lloyd in Irvine, CA on February 16, 2004 at 4:45 PM (CST)

Wow.  Only iPod users would care so much about the color of their earbud wires.

“I have a dream… that one day… White iPods and Black Earbuds can make music together without fear of social alienation or persecution.  I have a DREAM!”

Posted by Dennis Lloyd in Irvine, CA on February 16, 2004 at 4:53 PM (CST)

bhphotovideo.com

has these for under 149$ shipped.  You have to call to get this price.

Posted by Dennis Lloyd in Irvine, CA on February 16, 2004 at 5:01 PM (CST)

I have the Shure E3s (bought them with the last deal), and they totally kick ass. I thought I’d still use my original iPod earphones, but not anymore. Even if I’m going out and know I won’t be listening for a long time, I still take my E3s.

Posted by Dennis Lloyd in Irvine, CA on February 16, 2004 at 5:37 PM (CST)

That SHURE is a good deal!!!

Posted by Dennis Lloyd in Irvine, CA on February 16, 2004 at 7:23 PM (CST)

Haha dave. :)

Posted by Dennis Lloyd in Irvine, CA on February 16, 2004 at 7:31 PM (CST)

I’ve been tracking prices of these puppies for a while now and this coupon effectively gives me free international shipping - so it was a no brianer!
YESSS….

Posted by Dennis Lloyd in Irvine, CA on February 17, 2004 at 2:39 AM (CST)

My E3c’s have grey wires.  Frankly I wish the buds were not white.  They show the dirt (I have very dirty ears)

Posted by Dennis Lloyd in Irvine, CA on February 17, 2004 at 9:39 AM (CST)

I’ll say this: best place to buy these is definitely Microphone Solutions.  Professional ALL the way and a great return policy.

Posted by Dennis Lloyd in Irvine, CA on February 17, 2004 at 2:18 PM (CST)

Don’t waste your money on this overpriced earphone. Get the Etymotic ER4P/S if you care about sound quality.

Posted by Dennis Lloyd in Irvine, CA on February 17, 2004 at 4:24 PM (CST)

absolutely right stark23x! I just ordered my pair from em and they were fantastic! Shipped the same day to Europe… will have to wait and see how long the disfunctional postal system here takes ;-)

Posted by Dennis Lloyd in Irvine, CA on February 18, 2004 at 4:34 AM (CST)

post and podster: have you found the ER4P/S at a price anywhere near the E3c? ER4P/S look to be in the neighborhood of $330 vs. $149-79 for the E3c. seems like comparing apples to avocados to me….

Posted by Dennis Lloyd in Irvine, CA on February 19, 2004 at 4:54 PM (CST)

They arrived! The E3s are wicked !!! Great great sound….

largejar, haven’t seen the ER4PS anywhere but after hearing the Shures I wouldn’t bother looking elsewhere. Seriously these puppies are lovely.

If you’re going to pay much more for phones then I’d think about getting a headphone amp too, but that’s another story

Posted by Dennis Lloyd in Irvine, CA on February 25, 2004 at 8:58 AM (CST)