Shure E5 earphones for only $389 | iLounge News

Shure E5 earphones for only $389

MicrophoneSolutions.com is selling the pro version of the E5c, the E5, for only $389. Use coupon code F389E5.

Comments

yes, the low, LOW price of $389!

Posted by iheartipods in Irvine, CA on January 18, 2004 at 9:48 PM (CST)

Do you know what E5s are?  That is a low price.

Posted by stark23x in Irvine, CA on January 18, 2004 at 10:30 PM (CST)

If you got the money to burn.. well worth it from what i’ve heard at head-fi!

Justin

Posted by noname in Irvine, CA on January 18, 2004 at 10:53 PM (CST)

How much are they normally?

Posted by dethbrakr in Irvine, CA on January 19, 2004 at 12:44 AM (CST)

sorry, that’s more than i paid for my 30 GB 3g ipod. I’d rather buy another ipod.

Posted by eternaldragon in Irvine, CA on January 19, 2004 at 1:01 AM (CST)

i agree. i’ll take another iPod over headphones any day.

Posted by Harrison in Irvine, CA on January 19, 2004 at 1:44 AM (CST)

Then do it.  There are people out there willing to pay that money for some headphones.  It’s the principle of disminishing returns.

I’m not interested at that price mind you but can understand that someone else is.

Posted by hhvuong in Irvine, CA on January 19, 2004 at 2:22 AM (CST)

Ok who the heck would wanna buy a $389 headphone? Is it made out of gold? I just bought my Sony MDR-EX71 for $50 and they will just do it for me. If any average Joe would wanna pay for these, I don’t know what to tell them.

Posted by Lqv2015 in Irvine, CA on January 19, 2004 at 4:37 AM (CST)

I’ve seen headphones that go for $10,000. yikes.

$400 doesn’t seem like a steep price when your getting better soundquality. why would you rather have 2 ipods with moderate headphones when you can have 1 iPod with a really fantastic headphone. My money would go elsewhere but…atleast you know you buying something that’ll make your iPod sound at it’s best between your ears

Posted by NotKen in Irvine, CA on January 19, 2004 at 7:45 AM (CST)

I prefer the Etymotic ER6 for only $99. Sounds awesome

Posted by Fred in Irvine, CA on January 19, 2004 at 8:48 AM (CST)

lol $389.. no thanks.

Posted by haha in Irvine, CA on January 19, 2004 at 9:49 AM (CST)

A person buying these earphones certainly do not listen to compressed audio.

Posted by Agent Orange in Irvine, CA on January 19, 2004 at 10:07 AM (CST)

Word to that Agent Orange.

Posted by Rish in Irvine, CA on January 19, 2004 at 10:26 AM (CST)

Agent Orange, you are so correct.  People go a little overboard with headphones here considering the audio is compressed on the iPod.

Posted by dano in Irvine, CA on January 19, 2004 at 1:57 PM (CST)

There is a sound quality difference between your $50 Sony vs. $100 ER-6. There is also an audible step-up between the ER-6 and E5. You can hear it even with compressed audio. I use 256kbit/s MP3 and you CAN hear the diff between these. I agree, however that E5-customers would probably rip their CDs in WAV format for their iPods. (60 CDs is nothing to balk at carrying around on a 40GB iPod!). It would be nice to have FLAC or other LOSSLESS COMPRESSION and have the capacity triple!

Posted by pbox in Irvine, CA on January 19, 2004 at 1:58 PM (CST)

I always find it funny that people are willing to pay $500 for a 40 gig ipod, then they find it so unbelievable that a top of the line headphone costs in the hundreds. The ipod is only half the picture. The headphone that you listen to it on is giving you the important part. But some would think that the guy who bought his sony’s for 50 bucks is nuts. It’s all in what yer into. I would not trade my ety er4p’s for anything. Some can’t tell the difference… I find them breathtaking with the ipod. I would not build a home theatre in my house with 5.1 surround and then get the cheapest speakers I could find. To each his own.

Posted by Del Griffith in Irvine, CA on January 19, 2004 at 2:54 PM (CST)

there is no joy like a good pair of headphones. the e5s are amazing, but i prefer circumaural headphones like the HD series that sennheiser makes. pure magic.

Posted by Eric in Irvine, CA on January 19, 2004 at 4:21 PM (CST)

US$389 for some headphones, thats nothing look at these (yes i know the shures are in-ear and these are hand made but still)

Posted by timmy in Irvine, CA on January 19, 2004 at 4:38 PM (CST)

I’m sure that for listening to MP3s- compressed music, there would be certain plateau, as in, as good as it can sound. It sounds pretty darn good on Sonys. I can’t imagine that these would be 6 times better than them. Another thing, has anyone compared the Apples new earbuds to the Sonys?

Posted by Sam in Irvine, CA on January 19, 2004 at 6:36 PM (CST)

yeh, there are a couple in the forums. apple seemed to win a couple but that was only when the guy fitted sony gaskets on em. go to forums > gear > headphones

Posted by timmy in Irvine, CA on January 19, 2004 at 6:42 PM (CST)