Shure E5 only $369 promotion for iLounge visitors only | iLounge News

Shure E5 only $369 promotion for iLounge visitors only

By Dennis Lloyd

Publisher, iLounge
Published: Monday, March 22, 2004
News Categories: Deals

MicrophoneSolutions.com has just released a NEW Coupon Code F369E5 for iLounge visitors that will bring the price of the Shure E5 from $499.00 to $369.00 + shipping. Our lowest price ever for iLounge visitors only. Also Shure E2 for $75 w/ Coupon F75E2 and Shure E3 for $148 w/ Coupon F148E3.

« Aer Lingus prohibits iPod usage on flights

iPods in exchange for sex, advice or a girlfriend? »

Comments

That’s ridiciulous….the earbuds are more expensive than the iPod itself!

Posted by xyz on March 22, 2004 at 8:17 AM (PDT)

Holy cow… that’s an awesome deal!!!

Posted by azdude_15gb on March 22, 2004 at 8:30 AM (PDT)

Yeah, I agree azdude, amazing deal. By far the cheapest I’ve ever seen the E5

Posted by doctorjuggles on March 22, 2004 at 9:01 AM (PDT)

Great price! I think I paid $20 more from MicrophoneSolutions a month ago. Worth every penny though, the E5’s are really outstanding headphones for the iPod.

Posted by AndyH on March 22, 2004 at 9:25 AM (PDT)

If the day comes when a news item regarding Shure earphones fails to bring forth slackjawed claims of dumbstruck amazement over the “ridiculous” price, I will PERSONALLY buy a pair for every member on this site!

Predictible as ####### clockwork!

Are people really this sheltered and stupid?

Don’t you read reviews?

Don’t you know ANYTHING?

Posted by steve on March 22, 2004 at 10:39 AM (PDT)

Lol…. I must say steve…

...my thoughts exactly.  :-D

Posted by Jerrod H. in TX on March 22, 2004 at 11:41 AM (PDT)

Unsolicited Testimonial: Microphone Solutions treated me like I was a ten-year, multi-thousand-dollar customer on the two different orders I’ve had with them.  I would pay a little EXTRA to do business with them, but with these prices…man.

If I didn’t already have a pair of the E5s, I’d have a pair on order already.  smile

Posted by stark23x on March 22, 2004 at 3:40 PM (PDT)

well if the next time any one comments on how they could be worth it or why would someone spend that amount of money i will see to it that they are taken out back and…..

so better start working OT STEVE!!!!

that is ridiciulously cheap compared to the normal or any other pricce for them i have seen…if only i had money!!!

Posted by rivlinm on March 22, 2004 at 4:16 PM (PDT)

If they had billion dollar headphones on sale for a million, you people would cream your pants.  I would sit back and realize that you’re STILL PAYING A MILLION DOLLARS and laugh all the way to the bank.

Posted by Jeremy on March 22, 2004 at 7:31 PM (PDT)

To the naysayers: remember these, like the Etys, are professional-level items that will last for several generations of iPods. Do not underestimate the importance of, or place a dollar value on, taking care of your ears: distortion is not your friend.
Unsolicited advice from an old drummer.

Posted by jaydee on March 23, 2004 at 3:55 AM (PDT)

my old 8 track and earcups suit me just fine. You all can keep your earplugs and pod things and your fancy new bands. I’m just gonna sit here with the doobie brothers and relax.

Posted by JC on March 23, 2004 at 11:13 AM (PDT)

for as much as your missing out jc i find that very funny

Posted by rivlinm on March 23, 2004 at 12:01 PM (PDT)

now, now, riv, I’m just teasing. I have the shure e2s. grin
Can’t afford the e5s, I have quite enough ipod debt already, thanks.

Posted by JC on March 24, 2004 at 1:27 PM (PDT)

Does anyone know why “E5” rather than Shure’s spec’d “E5c”? This unfortunately just inspires skepticism. Does anyone know? Thanks.

Posted by Chas Hulme on March 24, 2004 at 2:23 PM (PDT)

Posted by arosen on March 24, 2004 at 3:26 PM (PDT)

Chas Hulme—

Inspires skepticism?  Uhh…

There are two separate ‘models.’  Shure packages identical earphones differently for professional (No c) and consumer (c) markets.

Don’t worry… it’s legit.  Microphone Solutions is HIGHLY recommended by many, and very well respected.

Posted by azdude_15gb on March 24, 2004 at 3:40 PM (PDT)

Thanks for the info azdude_15b! Actually, I love my e5c’s and was thinking about making a present of a set to my brother for his iPod. At the price offered by Microphone Solutions, it’s extremely tempting.

And to arozen who asks,

“What’s so good about these headphones? I’ve never tried them. Are they really that much better than the standard apple earbuds? How so?”

Let me just say that, yes the e5c *is* ridiculously expensive. However, the sound is exquisite and better than any canal phone on the market. You will likely hear some heated argument from those who like the spectrum of the ER-4’s (much brighter), and that is of course personal preference. I love my e5c’s so such that I equipped them with custom molded earpieces from Sensaphonics. For those who demand maximum comfort, and will pay a premium for that comfort, this is the ultimate solution. I personally have very narrow ear canals, and the custom molds are tireless to wear.

If you would like to read some extremely detailed discussion about both the Shure and Etymotic devices, see:

Enjoy!

Posted by Chas Hulme on March 24, 2004 at 4:46 PM (PDT)

Thanx for the info.

Posted by arosen on March 24, 2004 at 6:28 PM (PDT)