Shure unveils new sound isolating earphone line
Shure has announced four new models of sound isolating earphones, which the company says will begin to be available next month. The new Shure earphone line consists of of the SE210, SE310, SE420, and SE530 (formerly model E500).
• SE210 ($150) earphones feature “premium sound in a sporty package.” The earphones integrate a Hi-Definition MicroSpeaker to provide “full-range audio distinguished by an optimal high frequency response.”
• SE310 ($250) earphones feature a Hi-Definition MicroSpeaker with Tuned BassPort technology which “showcases extended range audio and enhanced bass for optimal high frequencies and enhanced low-end performance.”
• SE420 ($350) utilize Dual TruAcoustic MicroSpeakers—a dedicated tweeter and woofer. An internal crossover “sends lower and higher frequencies to dedicated drivers so that lows, mids and highs are distinct and defined, for accurate reproduction of all the details of your music.”
• SE530 ($450)/SE530PTH ($500) feature Triple TruAcoustic MicroSpeakers—a tweeter and dual woofers. An internal crossover “routes audio to a dedicated tweeter to ensure that highs and mid-highs are incredibly accurate and detailed, while two dedicated woofers provide the ultimate in balanced lows and low-mids and full-bodied bass.” The SE530PTH also includes the Shure Push-To-Hear Control (PTH) module.
Shure’s SE210 and SE310 feature Shure’s Deluxe Fit Kit, and a Premium Fit Kit is included with SE420 and SE530 models. The Deluxe kit includes three pairs of disposable black foam sleeves (S, M, L), three pairs of soft flex sleeves (S, M, L), one pair of triple flange sleeves, deluxe carrying case and wax guard. The Premium Fit Kit includes everything in the Deluxe version, but adds a premium carrying case and airline adapter.
- Nest Protect alarm returning to stores with lower price
- Samsonite acquires Speck Products for $85 million
- Beats introduces new Solo2 headphones
- Apple confirms Beats Electronics acquisition for $3 billion
- Blog spotlights risks in cheap, counterfeit iPad chargers
- Gibson buys Philips’ Apple accessory brand, Woox Innovations
If you have a comment, news tip, advertising inquiry, or coverage request, a question about iPods/iPhones/iPad or accessories, or if you sell or market iPod/iPhone/iPad products or services, read iLounge's Comments + Questions policies before posting, and fully identify yourself if you do. We will delete comments containing advertising, astroturfing, trolling, personal attacks, offensive language, or other objectionable content, then ban and/or publicly identify violators.
- Apps of the Week: ShipAntics, Modern Combat 5, This American Life 3.0 + more
- Report: Apple could launch own mobile wallet this fall
- Report: Apple ‘tentatively’ plans mid-September iPhone event
- Apple faces class action suit in California for labor violations
- Apple, AT&T now sending $40 checks to some iPad 3G owners
- Apple denies iOS “back door” access in new report
- Notes from Apple’s Q3 2014 earnings call
- Apple Q3 2014: 35.2M iPhones, 13.3M iPads, 2.9M iPods, $37.4B revenue
- Simpsons World, FXNOW coming to Apple TV?
- WSJ: Apple asking suppliers to make 70-80M new iPhones this year
- Incipio offGRID Smart Bluetooth Low Energy-Enabled Portable 6000mAh Backup Battery
- Divoom Voombox Travel Rugged Portable Wireless Speaker
- Logitech protection+ for iPhone 5/5s and +trip
- Beats Powerbeats2 Wireless
- Incipio Steno Ultra-Thin Bluetooth Keyboard Folio for iPad Air
- OtterBox Resurgence Power Case for iPhone 5/5s
- Gumdrop Cases FoamTech Case for iPad Air
- Ztylus Camera Case + RV-2 Revolver Lens for iPhone 5/5s
- JBL Synchros Reflect In-Ear Sport Headphones
- JBL Synchros E50BT Over-Ear Headphones
- What’s New in iTunes 12
- iLounge Picks: Five Great Summer Party Speakers
- Editorial: Endings And Beginnings
- Live From CE Week 2014: Brand New iPad, iPhone + Mac Accessories!
- What’s New In iOS 8 For iPad, iPhone + iPod touch
- iLounge Multi-Editorial: WWDC 2014’s iOS 8, OS X Yosemite + More
- The Complete Guide to Apple TV Channels
- iHistory: From iPod + iTunes to iPhone, Apple TV + iPad, 2001 to 2010
- iHistory: From iPod + iTunes to iPhone, Apple TV + iPad: 2011 to Today
- Viewing only downloaded iTunes Match tracks