ShutterSnitch adds Map integration, Backpack Mode
2ndNature has updated ShutterSnitch with a number of improvements in geo-tagging features and image management. ShutterSnitch allows iPad users to wirelessly transfer and view camera images on their device using accessories such as an Eye-Fi card or built-in camera file transmitters that support uploading to an FTP server over a wireless network. In addition to simply presenting photos for preview, ShutterSnitch can also analyze photos based on a set of custom-defined rules to notify the user with visual or audible warnings if parameters such as shutter speed, aperture or ISO are out of spec. Users can geo-tag incoming photos, arrange shoots into albums, resize and watermark photos and share them via services such as e-mail, FTP, Flickr, SmugMug, Dropbox and Facebook.
ShutterSnitch 2.3 adds printing and other actions to the limited-mode view of photos along with map integration to show geo-tagged locations in filmstrip view; locations can also now be modified when running in super user mode. A new Backpack Mode for iOS 5 users allows the app to continue running beyond the normal 10 minute limitations when left in the foreground with the screen, such as when closing a Smart Cover or pressing the sleep/wake button. The new version also now allows multiple photos to be selected when importing from the iPad photo library, improves access to application settings and adds settings for maximum cache image dimensions and a new size-to-fit watermark option. ShutterSnitch 2.3 requires iOS 4.2 or later and is available from the App Store for $16.
- AG Drive, Delectable Wines, Google Maps + more
- Dropbox, Google Play Music, Microsoft Office Apps, Microsoft Outlook, NBC + more
- Apps: ESPN, Nike+ Fuel, Pinterest, Starbucks + Twitter
- Apple cracks down on gun and violence imagery in App Store screenshots
- Apple readmits marijuana-related app to App Store
- Microsoft Outlook, Timeline, Mean Girls: The Game + more
If you have a comment, news tip, advertising inquiry, or coverage request, a question about iPods/iPhones/iPad or accessories, or if you sell or market iPod/iPhone/iPad products or services, read iLounge's Comments + Questions policies before posting, and fully identify yourself if you do. We will delete comments containing advertising, astroturfing, trolling, personal attacks, offensive language, or other objectionable content, then ban and/or publicly identify violators.
- iLounge Weekly coming Monday, subscribe now
- Cook: Apple Watch ‘designed to be able to replace car keys’
- Apple again under fire as Ericsson escalates legal action
- Apple announces ‘Spring Forward’ event for March 9
- Brikk unveils opulent Apple Watch line priced up to $75,000
- Apple Maps adds new third-party data providers
- Apple ordered to pay $532.9m in iTunes patent infringement case
- Apple reportedly streamlining Genius Bar experience
- Report: Apple acquires Camel Audio
- VISA ‘tokenization’ may speed Apple Pay EU deployment
- Mobile Home Siri remote
- Olloclip Macro 3-in-1 Lens, Telephoto + CPL Lens for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- ExoLens Professional Photography System for iPhone 6
- Incipio offGRID Shine for iPhone 6
- Seidio Obex for iPhone 6
- RooCase GlacialTough for iPhone 6 Plus, VersaTough for iPhone 6 + 6 Plus
- CM4 Q Card Case for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- iWalk Extreme Trio 10,000 Universal Battery
- NewerTech NuGuard KX for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Incipio Clarion and Faraday for iPad Air 2
- How do I quickly erase all of the contacts on my old iPhone?
- How do I disassociate my phone number from iMessage?
- How do I stop Siri from randomly waking up?
- How do I cancel a print job on iOS?
- How do I make my camera LED flash when my iPhone rings?
- How do I re-sync contacts to my vehicle after switching to a new iPhone?
- How do I move away from a shared Apple ID for iMessage?
- How do I consolidate iTunes purchases into a single account?
- How can I more easily Handoff a web page from my Mac to my iPhone?
- What can I actually share with Family Sharing in iOS 8?