ShutterSnitch adds Map integration, Backpack Mode
2ndNature has updated ShutterSnitch with a number of improvements in geo-tagging features and image management. ShutterSnitch allows iPad users to wirelessly transfer and view camera images on their device using accessories such as an Eye-Fi card or built-in camera file transmitters that support uploading to an FTP server over a wireless network. In addition to simply presenting photos for preview, ShutterSnitch can also analyze photos based on a set of custom-defined rules to notify the user with visual or audible warnings if parameters such as shutter speed, aperture or ISO are out of spec. Users can geo-tag incoming photos, arrange shoots into albums, resize and watermark photos and share them via services such as e-mail, FTP, Flickr, SmugMug, Dropbox and Facebook.
ShutterSnitch 2.3 adds printing and other actions to the limited-mode view of photos along with map integration to show geo-tagged locations in filmstrip view; locations can also now be modified when running in super user mode. A new Backpack Mode for iOS 5 users allows the app to continue running beyond the normal 10 minute limitations when left in the foreground with the screen, such as when closing a Smart Cover or pressing the sleep/wake button. The new version also now allows multiple photos to be selected when importing from the iPad photo library, improves access to application settings and adds settings for maximum cache image dimensions and a new size-to-fit watermark option. ShutterSnitch 2.3 requires iOS 4.2 or later and is available from the App Store for $16.
- Lara Croft GO, Instagram, Pocket, Scanbot, Vine
- Animal Jam Play Wild, Final Fantasy VII, WonderBox, Square Cash 2.8, Swarm 3.0
- RollerCoaster Tycoon 3, Carrot Weather, Google News & Weather, Microsoft Outlook
- Updated Apple Store app accepts gift cards
- EU ends one inquiry into Apple, begins another
- 1Password, Calcbot, Pennies + Twitterrific on the Apple Watch
- Apple to drop first-gen Apple TV, iPod classic support as of Sept 8th
- New Apple TV to feature motion sensitive remote
- Media companies balk at $40/mo. plan for Apple TV service
- Former Beats Music CEO Ian Rogers leaves Apple
- Apple partners with PayAnywhere for Apple Pay
- Report: iPhone 6S to retain 16GB base model
- Apple sends out invites to September 9 event
- iPhone 6S to get front flash mode? (Update: Rose Gold color on the way)
- Report: iPhone 6S to support Motion wallpapers
- Rumor: iPhone 6S Plus to have smaller battery, packaging revealed?
- Tech21 Evo Mesh Sport for iPhone 6 and Evo Elite for iPhone 6 Plus
- Thonet & Vander Koloss Bluetooth Speaker
- iHome iSP5 SmartPlug
- Spigen Apple Watch Nightstand S350
- DODOcase Lorna iPhone Wallet Case for iPhone 6 Plus
- SwitchEasy Blocks Customizable Dock Building Set for Apple Watch
- DODOcase Maritime Collection Multi-Angle Case for iPad Air 2
- Kanex iPhone ChargeSync Dock for iPhone 6 + iPhone 6 Plus
- Onanoff Sound Cover for iPad Air + iPad Air 2
- Native Union Clic 360 for iPhone 6
- A First Look at iOS 9’s Transit in Apple Maps (Updated for watchOS 2)
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iTunes 12.2
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 8.4 + Apple Music
- CE Week 2015: IK Multimedia, Monowear’s Apple Watch bands + More
- Live From CE Week 2015: Brand New iPad, iPhone + Mac Accessories!
- Opinion: The ‘Grand Experiment’ of shifting to Google Photos
- Will removing a credit card from Safari also remove it from Apple Pay?
- Can I mute Handoff calls coming into my Mac from my iPhone?
- How do I keep my iPhone calls from ringing on my Mac?
- Why doesn’t Traffic show up on my Today Notifications Screen?