Sick iPod? How about some rage? | iLounge News

Sick iPod? How about some rage?

By fnarfy

Contributing Editor
Published: Friday, October 24, 2003
News Categories:

A visitor over at MacWorld UK has posted this in the fora:

“Um, I dropped my iPod on the floor at work and I damaged it. It looks OK, but it won’t charge or work. I just get an image of a folder with a warning sign!

When told that he would probably need to get it repaired by a Mac technician, he promptly replied:

“I threw the thing on the floor a few times in anger and noticed that the back was coming off. I pulled off the back and it started up.”

Editor’s note: We here at iLounge DO NOT recommend throwing your iPod ANYWHERE… Just a helpful reminder grin

« Macworld’s Jim Heid reviews the Belkin Media Reader for iPod

Mac: iPodScripter 1.0 Released »

Comments

I’ve actually thrown up on my iPod a few times….

Posted by kainjow on October 24, 2003 at 8:20 AM (PDT)

Well an iPod is really just a HD and anyone who has had a HD die on them before but just wanted to get it up and running one more time to save as much data as possible knows that a shot to that drive in the right spot can get it going again.
Usually it is just temporary and the drive is by no means “fixed” but hopefully this guy has better luck.

Posted by SpideyPod on October 24, 2003 at 8:50 AM (PDT)

darn. my iPod wasn’t broken, but I tried throwing at the floor anyway to see if it would make it sound better or increase the memory or something. it didn’t seem to work and actually now my iPod won’t turn on at all. what gives?

Posted by gustafks in Minneapolis on October 24, 2003 at 9:18 AM (PDT)

my ipod shows the same warning sign as this guy and every time i plug it in it shows the sign and is unresponsive.
nothing works
the ipod dosnt show up on my desktop itunes dosnt even see it

IF ANY ONE CAN HELP PLEASE E-MAIL
ME

Posted by Phill in Texas on October 24, 2003 at 12:43 PM (PDT)

This guy has rage issues.  Anybody that throws a $300-$500 piece of hardware against the floor is a complete #####.  There are people out there who gladly buy broken iPods.  What would he have done if throwing it against the floor didn’t work?  He’d have one damn expensive paperweight.  People like this don’t deserve iPods.

Posted by Sean on October 24, 2003 at 3:26 PM (PDT)

Yes, there are children out there who would give their right arm for even a BROKEN Ipod…  Won’t someone PLEASE think of the CHILDREN?!

Posted by 12:10 in NYC on October 24, 2003 at 3:35 PM (PDT)

And Canadians.  Canadians would give their left kidney for a broken ipod.

Posted by asdf on October 24, 2003 at 5:24 PM (PDT)

my iSkin has saved my iPod from unsightful dents and horrific error messages. they are reasonably priced they glow in the dark and come in cool colors. just a couple days ago i dropped my iPod from about 5 feet onto cement. i picked it up dusted it off and it still runs like a champ.

Posted by Jaguares in Bay Area, Ca on October 25, 2003 at 11:12 PM (PDT)

I dropped my iPod less than 4 inches today and it is broken…its showing like the song playing screen and then to the left of it there shws what looks like the playlist…im waiting for the battery to wear out so i can see if itll work…any dieas?

Posted by Will on March 20, 2004 at 8:12 PM (PDT)

Yeah, I’ve got an idea. Go down the shop and buy a new one - that one’s broke you dipstick.

Posted by Wills mum on March 21, 2004 at 10:06 AM (PDT)

Hey I have the old iPod Version and I can’t transfer songs my iPod says OK to Disconnect

Posted by fghdf on June 1, 2004 at 7:26 AM (PDT)

My ipods broken. I didn’t drop it or throw up on it or anything, i just plugged it in and now it keeps crashing with a funny sign on the screen. Everytime i re-set it the apple sign flashes a couple of times and then it crashes again. Someone please help, I’ve only had it for about a month!

Posted by Sally on June 9, 2004 at 4:53 AM (PDT)

I had this exact same problem - i dropped it and nows its gone gay (like apple). Im never gonna buy anything from them again, ive dropped my nokia 3300 hundreds of times and its in perfect condition why are apple so crap. The products not even fit for its use.

Its the most random thing ever as well that it shows a battery with a warning sign then a file with a warning sign. If it can display this WHY CAN’T IT PLAY MY MUSIC!!!

Surely dropping it once cant wipe an entire hard drive and if it does then it just reiterates my point that apple are actually crap.

Posted by Robert on July 6, 2005 at 1:30 PM (PDT)

heads up….Apple have just announced FREE postal repairs fo your IPOD

Posted by jjg on July 11, 2005 at 10:25 AM (PDT)

My ipod is broken! i didnt throw it or what! it just does not get switched on!

Posted by Ashna on February 18, 2009 at 7:22 PM (PDT)