SiK debuts Lix case for 5G iPod, nano | iLounge News

SiK debuts Lix case for 5G iPod, nano

imageSiK has announced its Lix case for the fifth-generation iPod and iPod nano. The ultra-thin hard shell case is available in clear or with full-color designs. The clear version for both the 5G iPod and nano sells for $16, while the decorated versions cost $26.

“Lix provides protection, style and versatility in an impossibly thin polycarbonate case,” says SiK. “Engineered to precisely fit the geometry of your iPod, Lix is virtually imperceptible to the touch. The two piece design offers seamless display and click wheel protection and makes putting your iPod in or taking it out of the case easy. Compatibility with virtually all iPod accessories means your iPod never needs to leave the safety of Lix.”

« Hoodie cases for all iPods offered

CoolGorilla offers iPod movie quiz game »

Comments

Is this the Eddie Van Halen special edition case? Is it just me or does that look exactly like the trademark paint job on Eddie’s ax?

Posted by ptzink on March 9, 2006 at 12:35 PM (CST)

It is. On the site, that design is called ‘eddie.’

Posted by proanim8r on March 9, 2006 at 12:41 PM (CST)

Very nice. Guess I should have checked the web site first.

Posted by ptzink on March 9, 2006 at 1:52 PM (CST)

32 designs…each and every one of them a violent assault on the eyes.

Posted by Hrothgar on March 9, 2006 at 2:12 PM (CST)

“32 designs…each and every one of them a violent assault on the eyes.”

ROLFLMAO!!!!

Posted by Glorybox3737 on March 9, 2006 at 2:20 PM (CST)

“32 designs…each and every one of them a violent assault on the eyes.”

plus clear.

I like the concept of this thing.  They might even be docable.  We need a review of this thing.

Posted by Scott on March 9, 2006 at 2:21 PM (CST)

Wow. This is officially the best case ever released for the 5G.. according to the site, it is compatiable with the dock.

compatible with Apple Universal Dock
compatible with virtually all iPod accessories
seamless Click Wheel and display protection
preserves iPod look and feel

Since it is with the dock, then it will be with other cases as well, how thin is this thing?

Posted by Ceyhan on March 9, 2006 at 2:37 PM (CST)

I will do back flips if it’s compatible with the Ten flexibleDock.

Posted by proanim8r on March 9, 2006 at 3:11 PM (CST)

This is definitely one case to keep an eye on. A review on these should be mandatory.

Posted by Tenchi211 in California on March 9, 2006 at 3:39 PM (CST)

ok, it looks like the whole plastic is covering the click wheel too, can you still access it like that?? and is it too thin that if something pokes it will it break??  we need a review!!

Posted by slayer9 on March 9, 2006 at 3:56 PM (CST)

OK - I bit the bullet and pre-ordered the clear 5g case for the 30 gig iPod.  I’ll let everyone know what I think when I finally get one.

Posted by Scott on March 9, 2006 at 4:01 PM (CST)

those are pretty sweet!! i wonder how thin they really are tho? i didn’t see anything on their site. plus all their pictures are mock ups. i want to see what they really look like.
a review on these would be great.

Posted by mdwsta4 on March 9, 2006 at 5:27 PM (CST)

Amazingly cool. I wanna see more styles for the nano. They have twice as many for the 5G. Most of the nano ones look a bit girly but I would love a case that could fit with other cases as well. I really love the Incase cases and to be able to double case it for ultimate protection and accessibility would be soooooo sooo so so so cooooool!!!

I want to know what the back looks like. Is it the same design on both sides? I really need a review! Hurry!

Posted by Werewolf on March 9, 2006 at 6:15 PM (CST)

If they are anything like te Xtrememac Iconz cases then the clickwhel is quite accessible…

Posted by Bob Levens in UK on March 9, 2006 at 6:48 PM (CST)

greaat another case.. this is all you post… common post something more interesting

Posted by sdfas on March 9, 2006 at 8:01 PM (CST)

It looks good, but no belt clip, so I guess Id have to hide it in a pocket. Sucks cause the arty cases should be shown

Posted by Mike on March 9, 2006 at 9:36 PM (CST)

wow! That is by far the best case. Finally something for people that just want some sort of protection at a reasonable price. I’m getting the transparent one :)

Posted by tray on March 9, 2006 at 10:50 PM (CST)

Damn, dude.  I REALLY want to know if this would fit my Logitech mm50s.  Man, that would be awesome.  I don’t know, I was planning on buying a Contour Showcase so I could take my iPod out and listen to my speakers easily and daily.  If this thing really does fit, I’d totally buy it…too bad it’s only compatible with VIRTUALLY all accessories.

Posted by ipodnooob on March 10, 2006 at 1:33 AM (CST)

Tasteful… *argh*

The transparent one sounds like a perfect solution though. Good price point too.

Posted by Bad Beaver on March 10, 2006 at 4:20 AM (CST)

By sdfas on 03.09.06 at 05:01 PM

Oh, then these news items must be on another site….... -

Posted by Bob Levens in UK on March 10, 2006 at 5:11 AM (CST)

Page 1 of 2 pages  1 2 >