Simpsons World, FXNOW coming to Apple TV?
Simpsons World and FXNOW will be coming to the Apple TV, according to recent reports. TV writer Jason Lynch tweeted that FXNOW, the on-demand video service for FX, FXX, and FXM, would debut on Apple’s set-top box “in the next 12 months.” The recently announced Simpsons World digital channel — which launches in October and will feature all 522 episodes of The Simpsons along with additional content — will also be coming to the set-top box, HitFix reports. HitFix’s Alan Sepinwall told iLounge via Twitter that Simpsons World would be a separate app from FXNOW on Apple TV. Both FXNOW and Simpsons World will require cable authentication. Simpsons World is set to launch in October, and it will be limited to FXX subscribers in the U.S, though it’s unclear if the Apple TV channel will launch at the same time as the also-announced iOS app.
Update: Lynch subsequently posted that Simpsons World will not be a separate iOS app, but rather will be incorporated into the FXNOW app.
- YouTube app won’t work on older Apple TVs, versions of iOS starting in May
- Disney pressuring Apple to include more of its channels in upcoming TV service
- HBO Now channel added to Apple TV (Updated)
- New Apple TV model won’t support 4K streaming
- Apple adds CNNgo channel to Apple TV
- Apple releases iOS 8.3 beta 4
- Apple updates support article confirming Apple Watch tattoo issue
- Apple reportedly hires four more producers from BBC Radio 1
- Limited Apple Watch supplies due to faulty taptic engine?
- Twitter CEO hints at larger Spotlight integration
- Problem with iPad app grounds American Airlines flights
- Users with arm tattoos report problems with Apple Watch sensors
- China outpaces U.S. in iPhone sales for first time
- Notes from Apple’s Q2 2015 earnings call
- Apple Q2 2015: Record $58B revenue, 61.1M iPhones, 12.6M iPads
- Skech SkechBook for iPad Air 2 + iPad mini 3
- Yurbuds Liberty Wireless Earphones
- Apple Watch
- Zagg Pocket Keyboard
- Adonit Jot Script 2
- Rokform Rokfolio Wallet Case for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Parrot Bebop Drone
- Soen Audio Transit XS Wireless Speaker
- Divoom Voombox-party Portable Bluetooth Speaker
- Scosche MagicMount XL Dash/Window
- Why can’t I see the iPad-style landscape view on my iPhone 6 Plus?
- Is there a point to having both iCloud Photo Library and iCloud Photo Stream enabled?
- Why can’t I set a longer passcode timeout on my iPhone 6 Plus?
- Can I turn off Message Read Receipts for only some users?
- How do I share one iCloud Photo Library within a family?
- Can I turn off the app icons that appear in the bottom corner on the lock screen?
- Why do I have two separate conversations with the same person in Messages?
- Can I transfer the existing version of an app to my new iPhone?
- How do I quickly erase all of the contacts on my old iPhone?
- How do I disassociate my phone number from iMessage?