Singapore Airlines offers in-flight iPod/iPhone connectivity
Singapore Airlines has announced that it is now offering iPod and iPhone connectivity on select all-Business Class Airbus A340-500 flights. The system allows passengers to enjoy content from their iPod or iPhone through the aircraft’s KrisWorld in-flight entertainment system, which features a 15.4-inch widescreen monitor for every seat, as well as active noise-cancellation headphones. In addition, the system—which connects to the devices via a standard 30-pin connector—will offer in-seat charging, and will allow users to hear announcements and instructions made by the crew and pilots even while content is being played. The service is currently limited to flights between New York and Singapore, and will be added to flights between Los Angeles and Singapore in August.
“Customers on our all-business class Airbus A340-500 flights now have an incredible way to enjoy their own iPod and iPhone music and video on the KrisWorld in-flight entertainment system,” said Yap Kim Wah, Senior Vice-President Product & Services, for Singapore Airlines. “This is yet another example of our philosophy of creating customer satisfaction by providing an enhanced sense of choice and control.”
“The iPod is the world’s most popular digital music player and iPhone is a revolutionary mobile device, and they have become essential for millions of travelers,” said Greg Joswiak, Apple’s vice president of iPod & iPhone Product Marketing. “Singapore Airlines’ customers can now enjoy their music, TV shows and movies on their iPod and iPhone through the in-flight entertainment system.”
- Apple releases iOS 8.3 beta 2 to developers
- Report: Apple to release iOS public betas
- Apple extends two-step verification to FaceTime, iMessage
- Apple raises size limit for Apps to 4GB
- iPhone theft decline attributed to Activation Lock feature
- iOS 8.4 already in development?
- Apple Watch to have low energy ‘Power Reserve’ mode
- iLounge Weekly coming Monday, subscribe now
- Cook: Apple Watch ‘designed to be able to replace car keys’
- Apple again under fire as Ericsson escalates legal action
- Apple announces ‘Spring Forward’ event for March 9
- Brikk unveils opulent Apple Watch line priced up to $75,000
- Apple Maps adds new third-party data providers
- Apple ordered to pay $532.9m in iTunes patent infringement case
- Apple reportedly streamlining Genius Bar experience
- Report: Apple acquires Camel Audio
- Mobile Home Siri remote
- Olloclip Macro 3-in-1 Lens, Telephoto + CPL Lens for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- ExoLens Professional Photography System for iPhone 6
- Incipio offGRID Shine for iPhone 6
- Seidio Obex for iPhone 6
- RooCase GlacialTough for iPhone 6 Plus, VersaTough for iPhone 6 + 6 Plus
- CM4 Q Card Case for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- iWalk Extreme Trio 10,000 Universal Battery
- NewerTech NuGuard KX for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Incipio Clarion and Faraday for iPad Air 2
- How do I quickly erase all of the contacts on my old iPhone?
- How do I disassociate my phone number from iMessage?
- How do I stop Siri from randomly waking up?
- How do I cancel a print job on iOS?
- How do I make my camera LED flash when my iPhone rings?
- How do I re-sync contacts to my vehicle after switching to a new iPhone?
- How do I move away from a shared Apple ID for iMessage?
- How do I consolidate iTunes purchases into a single account?
- How can I more easily Handoff a web page from my Mac to my iPhone?
- What can I actually share with Family Sharing in iOS 8?