Six week waiting list for iPod mini
“The Apple of my wife’s eye is a pink iPod mini. Nothing else for Mother’s Day would do. I was elated at her request. No painful tours of snooty jewelry stores. Just a quick stop at the big box electronics store and a $249 charge. I figured it would be the easiest Mother’s Day ever. I figured wrong.
Here’s what I learned about this business card-sized digital jukebox that stores up to 1,000 songs:
If you want to be assaulted by a humiliating burst of laughter, go to Best Buy, Circuit City, CompUSA or even Apple Computer’s own stores and ask for an iPod mini. Tell them you want it in pink and insist that you need it now. [...]
But you cannot buy one. You can only put your name on a six-week waiting list.”
Editor’s note: MacBidouille is reporting that the Apple Store Soho in NY has a new stock of iPod minis. Also, our forums report Circuit City has silver minis in stock. Call your local iPod mini resellers (Circuit City, Target, Fry’s, Best Buy, Apple Stores, etc.) and see if they have stock, you might be surprised. You could always try eBay, but you’ll pay inflated prices.
- iLounge reader creates all-wood iPod mini, accessories
- iPod mini still a popular choice
- Apple threatens Korean company over iPod knockoffs
- Report: Samsung woos Apple with cheap flash prices
- HP to sell iPod mini
- iPod mini price cut ‘bad news for the competition’
- iLounge Weekly arrives on Monday, subscribe now
- Apple Pay coming to Canada later this year?
- Report: Apple being uncooperative with antitrust monitor
- Leaked cases may hint at ‘iPad Pro’ design details
- L.A. school district seeking restitution over failed iPad program (Updated)
- Apple partners with The Conservation Fund to protect U.S. working forests
- In-store sales of Apple Watch delayed until at least June
- Apple adds WWDC scholarships to promote diversity
- Samsung creates exclusive team to build Apple screens
- Ikea reveals US prices for Wireless Charging Collection
- Soen Audio Transit XS Wireless Speaker
- Divoom Voombox-party Portable Bluetooth Speaker
- Scosche MagicMount XL Dash/Window
- Theo Power Jump + Power Jump Wireless for iPhone 6
- VERT Wearable Fitness Monitor
- OORT SmartFinder, SmartLED + SmartSocket
- RooCase Exec Tough for iPhone 6 Plus
- Pronto Smart Remote System
- iWalk Extreme Spartan
- EnerPlex Surfr for iPhone 6
- Can I turn off Message Read Receipts for only some users?
- How do I share one iCloud Photo Library within a family?
- Can I turn off the app icons that appear in the bottom corner on the lock screen?
- Why do I have two separate conversations with the same person in Messages?
- Can I transfer the existing version of an app to my new iPhone?
- How do I quickly erase all of the contacts on my old iPhone?
- How do I disassociate my phone number from iMessage?
- How do I stop Siri from randomly waking up?
- How do I cancel a print job on iOS?
- How do I make my camera LED flash when my iPhone rings?