Six week waiting list for iPod mini
“The Apple of my wife’s eye is a pink iPod mini. Nothing else for Mother’s Day would do. I was elated at her request. No painful tours of snooty jewelry stores. Just a quick stop at the big box electronics store and a $249 charge. I figured it would be the easiest Mother’s Day ever. I figured wrong.
Here’s what I learned about this business card-sized digital jukebox that stores up to 1,000 songs:
If you want to be assaulted by a humiliating burst of laughter, go to Best Buy, Circuit City, CompUSA or even Apple Computer’s own stores and ask for an iPod mini. Tell them you want it in pink and insist that you need it now. [...]
But you cannot buy one. You can only put your name on a six-week waiting list.”
Editor’s note: MacBidouille is reporting that the Apple Store Soho in NY has a new stock of iPod minis. Also, our forums report Circuit City has silver minis in stock. Call your local iPod mini resellers (Circuit City, Target, Fry’s, Best Buy, Apple Stores, etc.) and see if they have stock, you might be surprised. You could always try eBay, but you’ll pay inflated prices.
- iLounge reader creates all-wood iPod mini, accessories
- iPod mini still a popular choice
- Apple threatens Korean company over iPod knockoffs
- Report: Samsung woos Apple with cheap flash prices
- HP to sell iPod mini
- iPod mini price cut ‘bad news for the competition’
- Upcoming kit will allow developers to build native Apple Watch apps
- Apple may debut new ‘Proactive’ assistant with iOS 9
- Google Search will soon surface content from iOS apps
- iOS bug allows peculiar string of characters in Messages to reboot iPhones
- iOS 9 Transit feature to launch in select cities
- Report: iOS 9 to feature Force Touch support, updated keyboard
- Microsoft confirms Cortana coming to iOS this year
- Apple creates Chief Design Officer role for Jony Ive
- Report: iOS 9 will bring new security features, improve legacy device support
- Report: Apple’s push for local content may delay Apple’s TV service
- Griffin WatchStand for Apple Watch
- Apple iPhone Lightning Dock
- Witti Notti and Dotti
- PhoneSuit Elite 6 and Elite 6 Pro Battery Case for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Wren V5US Speaker
- Skech Base for iPad Air 2
- Anova Culinary Precision Cooker
- Phiaton MS 100 BA Earphones
- Olloclip Ollocase for iPhone 6
- AKG Y50 On-Ear Headphones
- Will removing a credit card from Safari also remove it from Apple Pay?
- Can I mute Handoff calls coming into my Mac from my iPhone?
- How do I keep my iPhone calls from ringing on my Mac?
- Why doesn’t Traffic show up on my Today Notifications Screen?
- Why doesn’t my iPhone reconnect to Wi-Fi after I turn it on?
- Why can’t I see the iPad-style landscape view on my iPhone 6 Plus?
- Is there a point to having both iCloud Photo Library and iCloud Photo Stream enabled?
- Why can’t I set a longer passcode timeout on my iPhone 6 Plus?
- Can I turn off Message Read Receipts for only some users?
- How do I share one iCloud Photo Library within a family?