Skin EFX releases iPod Skins - stickers for iPod | iLounge News

Skin EFX releases iPod Skins - stickers for iPod

By Dennis Lloyd

Publisher, iLounge
Published: Friday, May 7, 2004
News Categories: iPod Accessories

picSkin EFX has released a load of new stickers to ‘skin’ your iPod with colors and/or patterns. The stickers are pre-cut forms to place on the front of the iPod, can only be applied once, have a four year outdoor durability, and cost $4.95 for a set of two.

« Apple denies iTMS price increase

iLounge and iSkin at the “Show some Skin” Event NYC »

Comments

wow, those look pretty tacky

Posted by jr on May 7, 2004 at 11:26 AM (PDT)

4.95? Check again… lowest i saw was 6.95 for 2… lame colors, and add look like they take away from the beauty of iPod’s design…

Posted by Otsego_Undead in Washington State on May 7, 2004 at 11:27 AM (PDT)

Isn’t it really the back that needs the most protectiona anyway?

Posted by petal666 on May 7, 2004 at 11:28 AM (PDT)

What a piece of ####, why would you do that? Might as well wrap it in duct tape.

Posted by duh on May 7, 2004 at 12:02 PM (PDT)

it’s not that bad…and ad says it will not leave any residue behind.  i think it’s pretty cool

Posted by malcanta on May 7, 2004 at 12:16 PM (PDT)

That might bwe worth it if they had a few….no, alot more selection.  the ones they do have could use a bit of a boost into non tacky territory

Posted by ZartanLovesYou in Boston on May 7, 2004 at 12:50 PM (PDT)

I wrapped an old Bud-Man sticker around mine - covered up half the screen but not bad - looks cool.

Posted by nimrod on May 7, 2004 at 2:17 PM (PDT)

The fact that the number of iPod accessories out there is so high that it starts to spill over into dumb stuff like these skins is another clear display of how unbelievably well the ipod is doing in the market…nutty…

- JonYo

Posted by JonYo on May 7, 2004 at 7:22 PM (PDT)

They aren’t adhesive and can be taken off and put back on at will, so they’re harmless if nothing else. Some of them look pretty bad to me, but I kind of like the solid-color ones, just for variety. I can see people putting these on iPods as gifts/awards/prizes, to match a company or team’s colors.

iPodLounge orange:
http://ipod-skins.com/catalog/images/photos large/citrus orange large.jpg

Posted by Nagromme on May 7, 2004 at 7:25 PM (PDT)

FYI, selection’s not THAT bad. They have 18 to choose from. (10 solids, 5 chromes, misc. rather heinous others… gold florentine??)

They’re not for me, but I don’t think they’re a bad idea.

Posted by Nagromme on May 7, 2004 at 7:28 PM (PDT)

in wonder what Macskinz ipod skins will be like compared to these. . . .  neh, o well

Posted by j on May 7, 2004 at 9:53 PM (PDT)

Its been done, and better…

Posted by -1, old on May 7, 2004 at 10:49 PM (PDT)

duct tape looks cooler. their nice if you like the colors.

Posted by WOLF MAN on May 8, 2004 at 7:35 AM (PDT)

oh my… they’re awfull. They don’t even cover the corners.

Posted by ill one on May 9, 2004 at 12:56 AM (PDT)

I cant even believe some people think this is even OK. its totally LAME.  Like i said before, it just takes the beauty of the ipod and craps all over it.  Infact, if someone took a crap on their iPod, it may look better.

Posted by Otsego_Undead on May 9, 2004 at 8:08 PM (PDT)

yeah…what protection, if any, does it offer i mean it can apparently protect from scratches, but no corner protection (and corners do tacke a beating), screen protection, and no touch pad button thingy prtection (wheel, track back, menu, play ,track forward)

Posted by undertool in hatboro, pa on May 10, 2004 at 6:23 AM (PDT)

I can’t believe how much you guys hate them! I think they are a really cool idea that would be better if you could use them over and over. anyway they don’t leave the ipod sticky or anything and they are obviously for fashion purposes rather than protection. now that everyone has got/ is getting/ wants an ipod i want something a little different from the rest. ipod art ones would be the best i think. also do not not judge them on the rubbish picture of the holographic one. your ipod wont suddenly look taccy because of a colour change

Posted by prec1 on May 10, 2004 at 12:52 PM (PDT)

I’m not into them myself—but I don’t think everyone HAS to agree on what they like. The non-adhesive method used here sounds like a good idea.

Posted by Nagromme on May 10, 2004 at 7:56 PM (PDT)

I like the checkered one. But I like the my ipod case that protects the whole thing. It’s leather and lets you use the buttons perfectly fine. It’s the best investment in saving my ipod from scratches.

Posted by Ealon Gross on May 11, 2004 at 5:25 AM (PDT)

Remember they are just to change the color of your iPod, to make it look different, give it individuality from the rest of the millions of white ones out there. It will still fit in your protective case etc… so use both. When you have it out of the case, it has eye appeal, looks different and for 7-10 bucks it’s worth it… they do look awesome.
I think it’s cool that I can have a green iPod of a few weeks, then Hologram, then carbon Fiber, then when bored of that Chrome mirror. Variety is the spice of life and I like life to be spicy smile I have a feeling that this is going to catch on and become a hot new “must have” accessory and all the “tacky” and “I like white” people will jump on the wagon then… as usual. As they say, don’t knock it until you tried it, I ordered the hologram and Chrome Mirror and they look amazing. They Hologram has awesome color change, like gasoline in water, cool and the Chrome Mirror is the exact same color as the back of the iPod so it looks chrome all around, every where I go at school it turns heads and people what to know where I got it… I actually made a few new friends in my psyc class because of it… go figure.
Anyways I like the Chrome Mirror on mine and my girlfriend loves the hologram on hers.
Later…

Posted by Cyphir on May 12, 2004 at 10:07 AM (PDT)

Page 1 of 2 pages  1 2 >