SkinIt offers Simpsons iPod skins | iLounge News

SkinIt offers Simpsons iPod skins

image

SkinIt is now offering a new collection of vinyl skins featuring characters from Fox’s animated hit series, The Simpsons. The company said the skins are available for more than 500 consumer electronic devices, including every iPod model produced. The adhesive-backed, removable skins are available in 11 various Simpsons designs and are priced at $15. “The skin itself is made from a professional-grade vinyl, which is printed via a proprietary process that ensures detailed and premium images,” explains SkinIt. “The skin is then coated with a glossy finish and custom cut, which creates a perfect fit for each device.”

« French iTunes interoperability law goes into effect

Apple defends iPod-iTunes compatibility in Scandinavia »

Comments

dat #### is crazy

Posted by dr on August 3, 2006 at 9:11 AM (PDT)

WTF is “professional grade vinyl”?  I guess that would be different than regular sticker-grade vinyl?  Where do these foolks get off charging over $1 each for a freakin’ sticker?

Posted by Dopial on August 4, 2006 at 6:26 AM (PDT)

What?! No Ralph skins? Forget it, then…

Posted by lisa on August 4, 2006 at 6:29 AM (PDT)

I choo-choo choose to ignore this product offering.

Posted by Hrothgar on August 4, 2006 at 8:12 AM (PDT)

Check out the ‘help’ section on the skinit site - it says that if you remove the skin it is no longer usable and you have to clean off the residue from your device with rubbing alcohol.  What a piece of c##p!!!

Posted by Jess on August 4, 2006 at 10:59 AM (PDT)

I’ve ordered skins from SkinIt before and was pretty impressed. I have one on my phone (Univ of Georgia - go dawgs!) and one on my nano. The skins are durable - much more so than a sticker - and it did not leave a residue on my nano when I changed the skin a couple weeks ago. Just thought I’d add in my two sense!

Posted by lpeck on August 9, 2006 at 6:21 AM (PDT)