SlingPlayer for Mac offers Apple TV, iPod support | iLounge News

SlingPlayer for Mac offers Apple TV, iPod support

image

Sling Media has released SlingPlayer for Mac 1.0, new software for the company’s Slingbox device that enables users to view television content remotely on a Mac computer. The SlingPlayer software also claims to allow users to watch content from an Apple TV, as well as “Front Row, iPod in Apple’s Universal Dock or iPod in an iPod Hi-Fi.”

“With this software release, Slingbox owners can now view their television directly on their Macintosh computer screen,” says Sling Media.¬†“With full¬†remote control, they can watch content from their home entertainment system whether from cable, DVR, DVD and even a full range of Apple entertainment products including: Apple TV, Front Row, iPod in Apple’s Universal Dock or iPod in an iPod Hi-Fi.”

« Microsoft CEO: No chance iPhone will gain significant market share

Report: Apple opening store in NYC Meatpacking district »

Comments

Your link takes me to a BETA version of SlingPlayer.

Posted by bahama on April 30, 2007 at 11:24 AM (CDT)

Not sure I entirely understand this (I’m completely new to slingbox). Does this mean I can watch my TV on my Mac, even if I don’t have an apple TV?

Posted by urbanslaughter on April 30, 2007 at 11:39 AM (CDT)

Yes it does.

Posted by bahama on April 30, 2007 at 11:46 AM (CDT)

urbanslaughter, you do need a Slingbox too.

Posted by unipalmer on April 30, 2007 at 12:13 PM (CDT)

There are a lot of things that “let you watch TV on your Mac”, for example the TV Mini by Miglia. What’s different about Slingbox is that it let’s you watch/control not only your TV, but your whole entertainment center (DVD player, Tivo, Apple TV, etc) from any Mac connected to the internet. You just need a Slingbox and SlingPlayer installed on the computer you’re using. The added Apple TV support is interesting to me in it’s potential to Sling my entire iTunes library to a mobile device (hopefully they’ll add more mobile device support soon).

Posted by Ryan on April 30, 2007 at 12:32 PM (CDT)

The link does not work, their site is still at Beta3.

Posted by Dale on April 30, 2007 at 12:51 PM (CDT)

Thanks guys . . . and yes, I knew I would need a slingbox as well. ;)

Posted by urbanslaughter on April 30, 2007 at 12:52 PM (CDT)

Link is now working.

Posted by bahama on April 30, 2007 at 2:15 PM (CDT)

Yes I can confirm you can use Slingbox with a Mac & Apple TV.

I have a slingbox pro, a Mac book Pro, Apple TV & several PC’s they all work great with the slingbox.

Setup on PC & Mac is very easy, there are some good instructions on the slingbox website. It only took a few mins to set up all devices.

Well done you chaps at SlingBox..

When can we expect to see the slingplayer for Ipod &
Ipod touch ?

Best regards
Gary

Posted by Gary Pengelly on October 20, 2008 at 5:38 PM (CDT)