SnapSeed adds Instagram support
Nik Software has released an update to Snapseed, its acclaimed pro-level photo editing app for iOS devices, adding support for the third-generation Retina Display and sharing via Instagram. Snapseed is an advanced photo editing app focused on making photos look more professional while maintaining an intuitive and uncomplicated user interface. The app allows for the usual array of standard adjustments such as exposure, white balance, crop, straighten and rotate along with a collection of creative enhancements with filters and support for selective adjustments. Version 1.4 adds the ability to share photos via Instagram to existing sharing support for Facebook, Flickr and Twitter; users can now open any photo from SnapSeed directly in the Instagram app to either post them directly or add further Instagram filters. The update also includes updates to several popular filters within Snapseed including new conversion algorithms on the Black & White filter and independent brightness controls for the centre and edges on the Center Focus filter. Additional enhancements include fixes to square cropping, the addition of a 7:5 aspect ratio crop pre-set and support for Arabic and Brazilian Portuguese localizations. Snapseed is a universal app requiring iOS 4.2 or later and is available from the App Store for $5.
- Does not Commute, Pursuit of Light, Tiltagon, Lightroom, Keynote + PowerPoint
- Security flaw opens iOS devices to attack using fake WiFi hotspots
- Security flaw leaves about 1,500 iOS apps vulnerable to attack
- Halo: Spartan Bundle, Cut!, Sago Mini Toolbox, Chrome, System Monitor + Tumblr
- Security change in iOS 8.3 limits some file manager and transfer apps
- Implosion, Last Voyage, Glass, Instagram + Snapseed
- Notes from Apple’s Q2 2015 earnings call
- Apple Q2 2015: Record $58B revenue, 61.1M iPhones, 12.6M iPads
- Apple releases second iOS 8.4 beta to developers
- Major hospital links HealthKit data to patient records
- Apple Pay adds Discover cards
- Apple enables iTunes donations for Nepal earthquake
- Apple’s third-generation Siri built on Mesos platform
- iLounge Weekly coming Monday, sign up now
- Apple Watch unboxing gallery posted
- FoneFox posts Apple Watch waterproof testing video
- Apple Watch
- Zagg Pocket Keyboard
- Adonit Jot Script 2
- Rokform Rokfolio Wallet Case for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Parrot Bebop Drone
- Soen Audio Transit XS Wireless Speaker
- Divoom Voombox-party Portable Bluetooth Speaker
- Scosche MagicMount XL Dash/Window
- Theo Power Jump + Power Jump Wireless for iPhone 6
- VERT Wearable Fitness Monitor
- Why can’t I see the iPad-style landscape view on my iPhone 6 Plus?
- Is there a point to having both iCloud Photo Library and iCloud Photo Stream enabled?
- Why can’t I set a longer passcode timeout on my iPhone 6 Plus?
- Can I turn off Message Read Receipts for only some users?
- How do I share one iCloud Photo Library within a family?
- Can I turn off the app icons that appear in the bottom corner on the lock screen?
- Why do I have two separate conversations with the same person in Messages?
- Can I transfer the existing version of an app to my new iPhone?
- How do I quickly erase all of the contacts on my old iPhone?
- How do I disassociate my phone number from iMessage?