Some iPhones developing touch-screen issues | iLounge News

Some iPhones developing touch-screen issues

Although the problem does not appear to be widespread, several online reports, as well as a discussion thread on Apple’s support site, indicate that some iPhone owners are experiencing what are being referred to as “dead spots” on the device’s touch-screen. An analyst report has claimed that the rights for the iPhone’s touch-screen technology were purchased from a bankrupt Finnish company that was trying to make a similar device. That company is said to have encountered the problem that with extensive use, the screen’s heat-receptive film would begin to degrade and the screen would lose its sensitivity. Apple, while not yet publicly acknowledging the issue, has reportedly been very quick to replace or repair the problem units. If you have any abnormalities with your iPhone’s touch-screen, please let us know in the comments.

« DICE intros iTPA-220 iPod tube amplifier system

Apple launches My iTunes Widgets »

Comments

My itouch seems to be frozen on the slide to unlock screen - no amount of resetting or reinstalling is helping. What am I doing wrong or do I just have a dud one?

Posted by jennifer on October 7, 2007 at 9:21 AM (CDT)

my iphone’s touch screen just died too.

Posted by StN on October 31, 2007 at 6:07 PM (CDT)

i cant slide the slide unlockkkkkk in the nromal wey and in the shut down way i cant slide :( heellpp

Posted by jameru on November 20, 2007 at 3:31 AM (CST)

Can anyone find out what the name of the bankrupt Finnish company that was trying to make a similar device.

Posted by Bernard DeVore on November 20, 2007 at 9:59 AM (CST)

I live in Canada.I have got the IPhone for my birthday from my wife from US.As you know ,there is no service for Iphone in Canada.After ONE day of using my brand new Iphone - screen did not respond to touch .I have tried EVERYTHING possible.Restarted it.Updated firmware.Called Apple Care -talked to three persons (who did not have idea what they are talking about).All of these persons from Apple care suggested to bring the phone to any Apple store in US and they are going to “replace it on the spot”.
On apple site it said :“no activation is required in order for apple to cover your warranty on IPhone “. “Mike” from Apple Care told me that by serial number of my Iphone I have 360 days left in warranty…
I have sent my Iphone to a frend in US .Apple store refused to repair / replace this phone claiming :“It does not have SIM card,it is not activated with AT&T”.
I’m on the begining now with this phone after one full month trying to get some support from apple.Believe me, You are not going to get ANY support from Apple Store or from AppleCare(their knowledge about this product is -0 )despite what it sais on their website about warranty for this phone.I was not asking for any support ,I was just asking from Apple to fix they product under “factory defect”.

I’m asking everybody:“What this faulty screen on IPhone has to do with activating/registering this IPhone?”

Posted by Dan on December 24, 2007 at 6:55 PM (CST)

bottom part of screen is not functioning…..how do i fix this

Posted by cory r chilson on April 1, 2009 at 3:52 PM (CDT)

yep ive had the exact same damn issue it pisses me off. yesterday the bottom part of my touchscreen would not work. i could barely unlock it i had to slide at very top and i cant access my music photos itunes or videos on my ipod bottom part doesent work im restoring it as we speak

Posted by ak on May 28, 2009 at 4:35 PM (CDT)

My touch screen suddenly stopped working. I took it into the Apple store and apparently the touch screen wire had come loose.

I have also had the screen lock up a few times and it needs to be rebooted by holding down the two buttons at the same time.

Posted by Kendra on June 3, 2010 at 12:58 AM (CDT)

what can i do to keep from muting the phone when it touches my face or ear

Posted by Mark on July 11, 2010 at 1:52 PM (CDT)

I just got a new iPhone 4 and have not dropped It or got it wet. Parts of my screen won’t work. And sometimes when it is acting up like my keyboard I will press the n button and it clicks on the h and j at the same time it will go crazy. It is always messed up and I am mad that I paid so much for something that sucks so bad. Is there anyway apple could replace my phone or fix it?

Posted by Jhorn on January 27, 2011 at 11:30 PM (CST)

I, too, have a 4S that was working fine but my wife dropped it in the toilet. So, we quickly toweled it off and turned it off and let it sit for 2 weeks. We are in SoCal so the low humidity helped. When we turned it on again, it worked. But lately, the touchscreen just goes unresponsive. You hit the home button and the slider comes up but won’t slide. Rebooting the phone doesn’t change it. So, we left it sit while we decided whether to get a new phone and when we picked it up and tried it again the next day. it was fine. An hour later the screen went unresponsive again. Very annoying and renders the phone useless.

Posted by FatherSwan on June 24, 2013 at 7:16 PM (CDT)

Page 2 of 2 pages  < 1 2