Songza adds Music Concierge
Amazon-backed streaming music service Songza Media has introduced a new Music Concierge feature in an update to its free app for the iPhone and iPod touch. Songza is a free social streaming music app featuring a large collection of curated playlists organized for a wide variety of moods, genres, eras and cultural themes. The new Music Concierge service is designed to allow users to find and listen to music for specific situations based on time of day, day of week, current device and observed past preferences. With two simple taps, the app will recommend up to three playlists from the Songza collection designed to accompany the user’s current activity or mood. A different day and time can also be specified to provide an alternative playlist selection, such as pretending it’s late Friday night instead of early Monday morning. As before, users can also explore Songza’s entirely library of expertly-curated playlists to specific themes or tracks, and add playlists to their favourites for later listening. The application is completely free with no advertising or listening limits and users can also collect and share their favourite playlists via Facebook, Twitter or e-mail. Songza 1.3 requires iOS 4.1 or later and is available from the U.S. App Store as a free download.
- AG Drive, Delectable Wines, Google Maps + more
- Dropbox, Google Play Music, Microsoft Office Apps, Microsoft Outlook, NBC + more
- Apps: ESPN, Nike+ Fuel, Pinterest, Starbucks + Twitter
- Apple cracks down on gun and violence imagery in App Store screenshots
- Apple readmits marijuana-related app to App Store
- Microsoft Outlook, Timeline, Mean Girls: The Game + more
If you have a comment, news tip, advertising inquiry, or coverage request, a question about iPods/iPhones/iPad or accessories, or if you sell or market iPod/iPhone/iPad products or services, read iLounge's Comments + Questions policies before posting, and fully identify yourself if you do. We will delete comments containing advertising, astroturfing, trolling, personal attacks, offensive language, or other objectionable content, then ban and/or publicly identify violators.
- Apple, others likely to reach $415M settlement in poaching lawsuit [Update: settlement approved]
- Apple and HBO in talks for ‘HBO Now’ service launch
- Report: Next-gen ‘iPhone 6s’ to feature 2GB RAM, Apple SIM
- Apple looking to settle with electric car battery company
- Apple pushing out fix next week for ‘FREAK’ security flaw
- Report: Apple Watch retail strategy aims to push iPhone sales
- Apple back on top in phone sales for first time since 2011
- Phishing scam targets iCloud credentials of iOS device theft victims
- Apple adds vehicles to list of company’s activities in Switzerland
- Cook: Apple Watch to be available outside U.S. in April
- Uniq Aircraft+ for iPhone 6
- Speck MightyShell + Faceplate for iPhone 6 Plus
- Mobile Home Siri remote
- Olloclip Macro 3-in-1 Lens, Telephoto + CPL Lens for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- ExoLens Professional Photography System for iPhone 6
- Incipio offGRID Shine for iPhone 6
- Seidio Obex for iPhone 6
- RooCase GlacialTough for iPhone 6 Plus, VersaTough for iPhone 6 + 6 Plus
- CM4 Q Card Case for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- iWalk Extreme Trio 10,000 Universal Battery
- Can I transfer the existing version of an app to my new iPhone?
- How do I quickly erase all of the contacts on my old iPhone?
- How do I disassociate my phone number from iMessage?
- How do I stop Siri from randomly waking up?
- How do I cancel a print job on iOS?
- How do I make my camera LED flash when my iPhone rings?
- How do I re-sync contacts to my vehicle after switching to a new iPhone?
- How do I move away from a shared Apple ID for iMessage?
- How do I consolidate iTunes purchases into a single account?
- How can I more easily Handoff a web page from my Mac to my iPhone?