Sony debuts iPod, iPhone-compatible marine head units
Sony has introduced two new marine head units featuring support for both the iPod and iPhone via direct USB connection. The Sony CDX-H910UI and CDX-M60UI head units include a 4.9-foot cable for connecting to and iPod, iPhone, or other USB media player, and offer a Quick-BrowZer feature that allows users to control and select music via the “rotate and push” button, a passenger control feature so passengers can control the connected device itself while it’s being charged, a MemoryBackup function to save settings when the main boat power is shut off, DM+ technology to enhance the sound quality of compressed audio files, 52 watts x 4 high-power output, a direct sunlight viewable white LCD screen, and compatibility with both satellite radio and HD Radio. In addition, the CDX-H910UI is splash-proof and sun- and salt-resistant, with a rear RCA auxiliary input, while the CDX-M60UI features a front-mounted 1.8mm auxiliary input and includes a water-resistant face cover to help prevent water damage. The Sony CDX-H910UI and CDX-M60UI marine receivers will be available in January and will sell for $350 and $200, respectively.
- Apple releases iOS 8.3 beta 4
- FREAK security flaws still present in popular iOS apps
- Device able to access iOS 8.1 through brute-force attack
- Microsoft to bring Cortana to iOS
- Apple releases iOS 8.3 beta 3 to developers (Update: iOS 8.3 Public Beta also released)
- Apple releases iOS 8.2
- Alleged ‘iPad Pro’ photos show second Lightning port?
- Apple expands iPhone trade-in program to non-Apple devices
- Alleged ‘iPhone 6c’ rear shell photos leaked
- Gear section, Disqus comments added to iLounge
- FDA taking ‘hands-off approach’ to regulating Apple Watch
- Apple Watch won’t be sold to walk-in customers at launch
- Cook: ‘Religious freedom’ laws allowing discrimination are dangerous
- iLounge Weekly arrives Monday, sign up now
- Apple retail stores to have very limited Apple Watch stock
- Apple quietly acquiring companies to improve cloud services?
- OORT SmartFinder, SmartLED + SmartSocket
- RooCase Exec Tough for iPhone 6 Plus
- Pronto Smart Remote System
- iWalk Extreme Spartan
- EnerPlex Surfr for iPhone 6
- IK Multimedia iRig 2 Guitar Interface
- PowerSkin Pop’n 3 for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Coogobox Symphony Dock for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- PowerSkin Spare for iPhone 6
- Chil Attraction Jacket for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Can I turn off the app icons that appear in the bottom corner on the lock screen?
- Why do I have two separate conversations with the same person in Messages?
- Can I transfer the existing version of an app to my new iPhone?
- How do I quickly erase all of the contacts on my old iPhone?
- How do I disassociate my phone number from iMessage?
- How do I stop Siri from randomly waking up?
- How do I cancel a print job on iOS?
- How do I make my camera LED flash when my iPhone rings?
- How do I re-sync contacts to my vehicle after switching to a new iPhone?
- How do I move away from a shared Apple ID for iMessage?