Sony debuts iPod, iPhone-compatible marine head units
Sony has introduced two new marine head units featuring support for both the iPod and iPhone via direct USB connection. The Sony CDX-H910UI and CDX-M60UI head units include a 4.9-foot cable for connecting to and iPod, iPhone, or other USB media player, and offer a Quick-BrowZer feature that allows users to control and select music via the “rotate and push” button, a passenger control feature so passengers can control the connected device itself while it’s being charged, a MemoryBackup function to save settings when the main boat power is shut off, DM+ technology to enhance the sound quality of compressed audio files, 52 watts x 4 high-power output, a direct sunlight viewable white LCD screen, and compatibility with both satellite radio and HD Radio. In addition, the CDX-H910UI is splash-proof and sun- and salt-resistant, with a rear RCA auxiliary input, while the CDX-M60UI features a front-mounted 1.8mm auxiliary input and includes a water-resistant face cover to help prevent water damage. The Sony CDX-H910UI and CDX-M60UI marine receivers will be available in January and will sell for $350 and $200, respectively.
- Apple releases second iOS 8.4.1 beta to developers
- Apple releases second iOS 9 public beta
- Home Sharing for Music returns in iOS 9 beta 4
- FastMail adds full support for push e-mail in iOS Mail
- Apple releases fourth iOS 9 beta to developers
- New fingerprint scanner tech could lead to Touch ID built into iPhone display
- Apple denies reported MVNO cellular service plans
- Australian cellular carrier Telstra offering Apple Music free for 12 months
- Report: Apple in talks to launch virtual network service
- Dr. Dre’s new album coming to iTunes, Apple Music on Friday
- Nokia’s HERE Maps sold to automakers in $3.1B deal
- Report: Apple plans to use Siri to transcribe voicemails
- Leaked photos suggest thicker, Force Touch-equipped iPhones
- iLounge Weekly arrives Monday, sign up now
- Report reveals additional details on Apple and BMW talks
- Report: New Apple TV to debut in September, subscription service to come later
- PhotoFast i-FlashDrive MAX
- Zivix Jamstik+ MIDI Guitar Controller
- Ulak Lumenair for iPhone 6
- Apple iPod touch (Sixth-Generation)
- Ventev Powercell 3015c and Powercell 6000+
- Bowers & Wilkins P5 Wireless Headphones
- IK Multimedia iRig Mic Studio
- iClever Apple Watch Charging Stand
- TempTraq Wearable Bluetooth Thermometer
- JBL Clip+ Bluetooth Speaker
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iTunes 12.2
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 8.4 + Apple Music
- CE Week 2015: IK Multimedia, Monowear’s Apple Watch bands + More
- Live From CE Week 2015: Brand New iPad, iPhone + Mac Accessories!
- A First Look at iOS 9’s Transit in Apple Maps
- Opinion: The ‘Grand Experiment’ of shifting to Google Photos
- Will removing a credit card from Safari also remove it from Apple Pay?
- Can I mute Handoff calls coming into my Mac from my iPhone?
- How do I keep my iPhone calls from ringing on my Mac?
- Why doesn’t Traffic show up on my Today Notifications Screen?