Sony releases packing new iTunes Extras features
Several of the latest iTunes Store movie releases from Sony Pictures are taking further advantage of iTunes Extras than past releases, according to a new report. PaidContent reports that the iTunes Extras releases of The Other Guys, Salt, and Resident Evil: Afterlife offer new interactive features such as the ability to search for a word, which results in a list of any time it’s mentioned in the script, along with a link to that exact moment in the film, a “clip & share” function that lets users select a scene and post it to social networks, and a playlist with songs from the film which is linked to places on the iTunes Store where the songs can be purchased. Despite the apparent progress of iTunes Extras as a platform for delivering interactive content, Apple has thus far failed to offer the feature on its newest devices, including the iPad and second-generation Apple TV, as iTunes Extras can currently be viewed exclusively from within iTunes on the Mac or PC or on the first-generation Apple TV. Notably, Apple CEO Steve Jobs has reportedly promised iTunes Extras support for the second-generation Apple TV, saying that the feature would be coming in a future update.
- Apple releases iTunes 12.1.1 update for Windows
- Apple releases iOS 8.3 beta to developers
- Apple planning its own Web TV service?
- Report: Details on Apple’s upcoming Beats-based streaming service
- Apple releases iOS 8.2 beta 5 to developers
- Apple releases iTunes 12.1 update, adds Notification Center widget
If you have a comment, news tip, advertising inquiry, or coverage request, a question about iPods/iPhones/iPad or accessories, or if you sell or market iPod/iPhone/iPad products or services, read iLounge's Comments + Questions policies before posting, and fully identify yourself if you do. We will delete comments containing advertising, astroturfing, trolling, personal attacks, offensive language, or other objectionable content, then ban and/or publicly identify violators.
- Apple adds vehicles to list of company’s activities in Switzerland
- Cook: Apple Watch to be available outside U.S. in April
- Apple Watch to have low energy ‘Power Reserve’ mode
- iLounge Weekly coming Monday, subscribe now
- Cook: Apple Watch ‘designed to be able to replace car keys’
- Apple again under fire as Ericsson escalates legal action
- Apple announces ‘Spring Forward’ event for March 9
- Brikk unveils opulent Apple Watch line priced up to $75,000
- Apple Maps adds new third-party data providers
- Apple ordered to pay $532.9m in iTunes patent infringement case
- Mobile Home Siri remote
- Olloclip Macro 3-in-1 Lens, Telephoto + CPL Lens for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- ExoLens Professional Photography System for iPhone 6
- Incipio offGRID Shine for iPhone 6
- Seidio Obex for iPhone 6
- RooCase GlacialTough for iPhone 6 Plus, VersaTough for iPhone 6 + 6 Plus
- CM4 Q Card Case for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- iWalk Extreme Trio 10,000 Universal Battery
- NewerTech NuGuard KX for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Incipio Clarion and Faraday for iPad Air 2
- Can I transfer the existing version of an app to my new iPhone?
- How do I quickly erase all of the contacts on my old iPhone?
- How do I disassociate my phone number from iMessage?
- How do I stop Siri from randomly waking up?
- How do I cancel a print job on iOS?
- How do I make my camera LED flash when my iPhone rings?
- How do I re-sync contacts to my vehicle after switching to a new iPhone?
- How do I move away from a shared Apple ID for iMessage?
- How do I consolidate iTunes purchases into a single account?
- How can I more easily Handoff a web page from my Mac to my iPhone?