Sony rolls out two iPod shelf systems
Sony has introduced two new Made for iPod shelf systems featuring integrated iPod docks and Bluetooth connectivity. The CMT-BX20i and CMT-BX50BTi systems feature gloss black finishes and florescent displays. The iPod menu and system features can be accessed with the remote control, while the system charges the device. “We are continuing to evolve our shelf system offerings to reflect consumer listening habits,” said Andrew Sivori, director of personal audio marketing in the Digital Audio and Imaging Division at Sony Electronics. “With the addition of iPod docks to most models, along with a bolder, more dramatic offering in our Muteki line, there’s a Sony shelf system for just about everyone.” The CMT-BX20i system offers a front-loading optical drive with support for CD-R, CD-RW and MP3 Playback, along with an audio-in jack and a bass reflex speaker system with 50 watts of total power. Other features include an AM/FM tuner with 30 station presets, Dynamic Sound Generator X-tra sound processing, and a remote control. The CMT-BX20i micro shelf system will be available in February for about $130. The CMT-BX50BTi system offers all of the features of the CMT-BX20i system, plus Bluetooth A2DP technology to wirelessly stream CD-quality music to other Bluetooth devices like Bluetooth-enabled headphones, PCs, digital music players and cell phones. It will also be available in February, and will sell for about $180.
- IK Multimedia announces iRig Mic Studio
- Report: Apple outlines more stringent requirements for MFi case makers
- Report: Bose products returning to Apple Stores?
- Beats introduces Solo2 Wireless Headphones
- Logitech debuts Harmony Living Home line
- Microsoft unveils iOS-compatible Universal Mobile Keyboard
If you have a comment, news tip, advertising inquiry, or coverage request, a question about iPods/iPhones/iPad or accessories, or if you sell or market iPod/iPhone/iPad products or services, read iLounge's Comments + Questions policies before posting, and fully identify yourself if you do. We will delete comments containing advertising, astroturfing, trolling, personal attacks, offensive language, or other objectionable content, then ban and/or publicly identify violators.
- Notes from Apple’s Q1 2015 earnings call
- Cook: Apple Watch shipping in April
- Apple Q1 2015: Record $74.6B revenue, 74.5M iPhones, 24.4M iPads
- Apple Pay support coming to more vending machines, kiosks, parking meters
- Apple releases iOS 8.1.3
- Apple TV adds 120 Sports channel
- Report: Bank verification methods leave Apple Pay vulnerable to fraud
- Apple filing reveals executive compensation plans, earnings
- Report: Apple Watch battery life expected to be about 19 hours
- Apple outlines limited HomeKit support for non-HomeKit accessories
- Odoyo Power+Shell EX Rechargeable Battery Case for iPhone 6
- Patriot Memory Fuel iON Magnetic Charging Case with Charging Pad for iPhone 6
- Lenmar Maven Battery Case for iPhone 6
- STM Studio for iPad Air 2
- VSN Mobil V.360 Camera
- Booq Booqpad for iPad Air 2
- Incipio offGRID Express for iPhone 6
- Incipio Tuxen for iPad Air 2
- Incipio Trestle for iPhone 6 Plus
- Urban Armor Gear Folio Case for iPad Air 2
- Can I share in-app subscriptions among family members?
- Can I cancel or ‘unsend’ sent iMessages?
- Ten Things You Didn’t Know About Apple’s HomeKit
- Reorganizing files in the iTunes Media Folder
- Exchange text messages between two iPhones with no cellular data plan
- The Booths of the iProducts Marketplace at CES 2015
- Hands-on with CarPlay at CES 2015
- iLounge announces its CES 2015 Best of Show Awards
- Five Things to Watch for at CES 2015
- Last-Minute Holiday Gift Guide for 2014