Sony unveils four new speaker systems for iPod, iPhone
Sony has introduced four new speaker systems for the iPod and iPhone. The ICF-CD3iPSIL CD Clock Radio for iPod and iPhone features a slide-out dock, a vertical CD player with a large LCD on its cover, a digital AM/FM tuner with 30 presets, dual alarms with 2/5/7 day settings and the option of waking to the iPod or iPhone, CD, radio, or buzzer, an included remote control, and an auxiliary input jack for connecting other audio sources. It will be available later this month for $100. Sony’s ZS-S4iP CD Boombox for iPod and iPhone features a built-in dock that recesses into the unit, keeping the docked device secure during transport, Mega Bass sound technology, an alternate cover for the dock that allows the user to access the iPhone or iPod touch’s screen while docked, line-in and headphone jacks, an AM/FM tuner, an included wireless remote, and a small display directly above the dock. It will be available in black or white and will sell for $100 when it goes on sale in October.
The SRS-GU10IP Dock Speaker System for iPod and iPhone is a tabletop-style system featuring a built-in dock, 20W of total power, a piano black high-quality wooden cabinet for improved tonal quality, a Bass Boost function for enhanced bass response, and an included remote control. It will sell for $150. Finally, the XDR-S10HDiP HD Radio and Dock for iPod features a digital AM/FM/HD Radio tuner, iTunes Tagging support, iPhone compatibility, a backlit LCD display, a built-in dock, an auxiliary input jack, an alarm clock with option to wake to the radio, buzzer, or aux-input source, and an included remote control. It well sell for $180; both the SRS-GU10IP and XDR-S10HDiP are expected to be available later this month.
- Logitech debuts Harmony Living Home line
- Microsoft unveils iOS-compatible Universal Mobile Keyboard
- Video Review: Logitech Bluetooth Multi-Device Keyboard K480
- Philips debuts first Lightning connector headphones, Fidelio M2L
- Video Review: Waterproof Grace Digital Ecostone and iHome iBN6 speakers
- Withings unveils Home video monitor
If you have a comment, news tip, advertising inquiry, or coverage request, a question about iPods/iPhones/iPad or accessories, or if you sell or market iPod/iPhone/iPad products or services, read iLounge's Comments + Questions policies before posting, and fully identify yourself if you do. We will delete comments containing advertising, astroturfing, trolling, personal attacks, offensive language, or other objectionable content, then ban and/or publicly identify violators.
- Apps of the Week: SimCity BuildIt, Run Sackboy! Run!, Star Wars: Galactic Defense + more
- Trent Reznor working on Apple music project
- Magazine publisher Fleishman explains iOS Newsstand’s failure
- Jony Ive: Apple Watch was a ‘design challenge’
- Apple reverses course on iOS calculator widgets
- Tim Cook: ‘I’m proud to be gay’
- AT&T and Verizon tracking customer web activity
- iOS updates causing Mophie Juice Pack Air compatibility problems?
- FTC launches complaint against AT&T over unlimited data throttling policies
- Apple VP Joswiak testy at Code/Mobile event
- Rokform Crystal v3 for iPhone 6
- Uniq Bodycon, LifePro, and Helio for iPhone 6 + Bodycon for iPhone 6 Plus
- Trident Case Aegis, Cyclops, Kraken A.M.S. + Perseus for iPhone 6
- Incipio Stowaway Advance for iPhone 6 Plus
- Apple iPad Air 2 Smart Case
- Apple iPad mini 3
- Alpine Headphones
- Apple iPad Air 2
- Speck MightyShell for iPhone 6
- Misfit Flash Fitness + Sleep Monitor
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 8.1
- An Easy Guide To Setting Up + Using Apple Pay In iOS 8.1
- Ten Things You Didn’t Know About iPad Air 2 + iPad mini 3
- Mind The Gap: What’s iPad’s Role In An iPhone 6 (Plus) World?
- Editorial: Why I Switched To T-Mobile (And You Might, Too)
- The Early Guide To Apple Watch Apps
- iLounge’s Top iPhone 6 + iPhone 6 Plus Case Picks (Fall 2014)
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 8.0
- Multi-Editorial: On Apple’s iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus + Apple Watch
- What’s New In Apple TV 7.0