Sony unveils iPod, iPhone music systems
Sony has introduced several new music systems for the iPod, as well as an iPod- and iPhone-compatible clock radio. The CMT-LX20i is a compact stereo system featuring a vertical design, a top-mounted slot-loading single disc CD player with MP3 playback, an auxiliary input, ID3 tag display, an AM/FM radio with 30 presets, an integrated iPod dock, a remote control, and a clock/alarm feature. The Sony CMT-LX20i will be available in March for $100.
Also coming in March is the MHC-EC99i mini HiFi system. Featuring an integrated iPod dock and dedicated iPod button, the EC99i also offers a single disc CD with MP3 playback, an audio-in jack, an AM/FM tuner with 30 station presets, clock, alarm and sleep timer functions, and two front speakers and a dedicated subwoofer, all powered by a 530 watt amplifier. Sony’s MHC-EC99i will sell for $200.
Two new Muteki systems, the LBT-ZX66i and LBT-ZX99i, will also see a March release. The LBT-ZX66i offers with 560 watts of power driving two separate three-way bass reflex speakers, each of which include 7-inch dual hybrid subwoofers and a 1-inch horn tweeter. Other features include an integrated iPod dock, a five-disc CD changer, Game Sync Mixing, a remote control with iPod menu control, and a large display. It will sell for $450. The LBT-ZX99i, by comparison, offers 720 watts of power, driving four separate two-way bass reflex speakers, each outfitted with a 9-inch subwoofer and two 2-inch tweeters. It will sell for $650.
Finally, the ICF-C7iP is a clock radio featuring a built-in sliding iPod and iPhone dock. It features a large LCD, a remote with iPod menu control, a 5V power supply with charging support for both the iPod and iPhone, and dual alarms with a choice of everyday, weekday or weekend settings. Sony’s ICF-C7iP will be available in April and will sell for $70.
- Apple issues voluntary recall for certain AC wall plug adapters
- CES: CableJive, Macally + Puregear
- CES: Just Mobile, Parrot, Tylt + Zagg
- CES: Edifier, Jaybird, Kanex, Phiaton, Phonesuit + Sphero
- Braven intros new speakers at CES, including the BRV-XXL and BRV-BLADE LE
- PhotoFast introduces MemoriesCable 1M
- Report: Some third-party repairs ‘bricking’ iPhones with iOS 9
- Report: Apple to bid on NFL Thursday Night Football streaming rights
- Apple to begin taking broken iPhones for trade-in, offer in-store screen protector installation
- Apple ordered to pay $625M to VirnetX in patent case
- Apple Pay reaches 2 million retail locations
- Apple acquires security company LegbaCore
- Zagg to acquire Mophie for $100 million
- Report: iPhone 7 to include flush camera lens, drop rear antenna bands
- Report: iPhone 5se, iPad Air 3 set for March 15 unveil
- Alleged iPad Air 3 drawing shows Smart Connector, four speakers, camera flash
- Gumdrop Cases DropTech Case for iPad Pro
- Edifier MP700 Rave Portable Bluetooth Speaker
- Just Mobile HoverDock for Apple Watch + HoverDock for iPhone
- VRS Design Dandy Layered Case for iPad Pro
- Just Mobile TENC for iPad Pro
- Native Union DOCK Lightning
- Native Union DOCK for Apple Watch
- Hitcase Pro+ Action Pack and Snap for iPhone 6/6s
- Urban Armor Gear Trooper for iPhone 6/6s
- NEBO CaseBrite for iPhone 6 Plus/6s Plus
- Inside the betas: What’s new in iOS 9.3 and tvOS 9.2 (Updated)
- Life with HomeKit: Our experiences with Apple’s home automation system
- Under the Radar: 10 ‘hidden’ details about the new Apple TV
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 9.0
- Under the Radar: A closer look at smaller iPhone 6s and iPhone 6s Plus changes
- A First Look at iOS 9’s Transit in Apple Maps (Updated for watchOS 2)
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iTunes 12.2
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 8.4 + Apple Music
- CE Week 2015: IK Multimedia, Monowear’s Apple Watch bands + More
- Live From CE Week 2015: Brand New iPad, iPhone + Mac Accessories!