Sony unveils iPod, iPhone music systems
Sony has introduced several new music systems for the iPod, as well as an iPod- and iPhone-compatible clock radio. The CMT-LX20i is a compact stereo system featuring a vertical design, a top-mounted slot-loading single disc CD player with MP3 playback, an auxiliary input, ID3 tag display, an AM/FM radio with 30 presets, an integrated iPod dock, a remote control, and a clock/alarm feature. The Sony CMT-LX20i will be available in March for $100.
Also coming in March is the MHC-EC99i mini HiFi system. Featuring an integrated iPod dock and dedicated iPod button, the EC99i also offers a single disc CD with MP3 playback, an audio-in jack, an AM/FM tuner with 30 station presets, clock, alarm and sleep timer functions, and two front speakers and a dedicated subwoofer, all powered by a 530 watt amplifier. Sony’s MHC-EC99i will sell for $200.
Two new Muteki systems, the LBT-ZX66i and LBT-ZX99i, will also see a March release. The LBT-ZX66i offers with 560 watts of power driving two separate three-way bass reflex speakers, each of which include 7-inch dual hybrid subwoofers and a 1-inch horn tweeter. Other features include an integrated iPod dock, a five-disc CD changer, Game Sync Mixing, a remote control with iPod menu control, and a large display. It will sell for $450. The LBT-ZX99i, by comparison, offers 720 watts of power, driving four separate two-way bass reflex speakers, each outfitted with a 9-inch subwoofer and two 2-inch tweeters. It will sell for $650.
Finally, the ICF-C7iP is a clock radio featuring a built-in sliding iPod and iPhone dock. It features a large LCD, a remote with iPod menu control, a 5V power supply with charging support for both the iPod and iPhone, and dual alarms with a choice of everyday, weekday or weekend settings. Sony’s ICF-C7iP will be available in April and will sell for $70.
- Nike to offer customers cash in proposed FuelBand settlement
- iPod touch 6G: Unboxing + comparison photos
- Apple debuts ‘Apple Tested Cases’ web page
- Nest debuts Nest Cam, updates Nest Protect and Learning Thermostat
- Monster: Apple booted us from MFi program over Beats lawsuit
- Report: Apple killed Beats home audio project after acquisition
- Apple to drop first-gen Apple TV, iPod classic support as of Sept 8th
- New Apple TV to feature motion sensitive remote
- Media companies balk at $40/mo. plan for Apple TV service
- Former Beats Music CEO Ian Rogers leaves Apple
- Apple partners with PayAnywhere for Apple Pay
- Report: iPhone 6S to retain 16GB base model
- Apple sends out invites to September 9 event
- iPhone 6S to get front flash mode? (Update: Rose Gold color on the way)
- Report: iPhone 6S to support Motion wallpapers
- Rumor: iPhone 6S Plus to have smaller battery, packaging revealed?
- Tech21 Evo Mesh Sport for iPhone 6 and Evo Elite for iPhone 6 Plus
- Thonet & Vander Koloss Bluetooth Speaker
- iHome iSP5 SmartPlug
- Spigen Apple Watch Nightstand S350
- DODOcase Lorna iPhone Wallet Case for iPhone 6 Plus
- SwitchEasy Blocks Customizable Dock Building Set for Apple Watch
- DODOcase Maritime Collection Multi-Angle Case for iPad Air 2
- Kanex iPhone ChargeSync Dock for iPhone 6 + iPhone 6 Plus
- Onanoff Sound Cover for iPad Air + iPad Air 2
- Native Union Clic 360 for iPhone 6
- A First Look at iOS 9’s Transit in Apple Maps (Updated for watchOS 2)
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iTunes 12.2
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 8.4 + Apple Music
- CE Week 2015: IK Multimedia, Monowear’s Apple Watch bands + More
- Live From CE Week 2015: Brand New iPad, iPhone + Mac Accessories!
- Opinion: The ‘Grand Experiment’ of shifting to Google Photos
- Will removing a credit card from Safari also remove it from Apple Pay?
- Can I mute Handoff calls coming into my Mac from my iPhone?
- How do I keep my iPhone calls from ringing on my Mac?
- Why doesn’t Traffic show up on my Today Notifications Screen?