Sony unveils iPod, iPhone music systems
Sony has introduced several new music systems for the iPod, as well as an iPod- and iPhone-compatible clock radio. The CMT-LX20i is a compact stereo system featuring a vertical design, a top-mounted slot-loading single disc CD player with MP3 playback, an auxiliary input, ID3 tag display, an AM/FM radio with 30 presets, an integrated iPod dock, a remote control, and a clock/alarm feature. The Sony CMT-LX20i will be available in March for $100.
Also coming in March is the MHC-EC99i mini HiFi system. Featuring an integrated iPod dock and dedicated iPod button, the EC99i also offers a single disc CD with MP3 playback, an audio-in jack, an AM/FM tuner with 30 station presets, clock, alarm and sleep timer functions, and two front speakers and a dedicated subwoofer, all powered by a 530 watt amplifier. Sony’s MHC-EC99i will sell for $200.
Two new Muteki systems, the LBT-ZX66i and LBT-ZX99i, will also see a March release. The LBT-ZX66i offers with 560 watts of power driving two separate three-way bass reflex speakers, each of which include 7-inch dual hybrid subwoofers and a 1-inch horn tweeter. Other features include an integrated iPod dock, a five-disc CD changer, Game Sync Mixing, a remote control with iPod menu control, and a large display. It will sell for $450. The LBT-ZX99i, by comparison, offers 720 watts of power, driving four separate two-way bass reflex speakers, each outfitted with a 9-inch subwoofer and two 2-inch tweeters. It will sell for $650.
Finally, the ICF-C7iP is a clock radio featuring a built-in sliding iPod and iPhone dock. It features a large LCD, a remote with iPod menu control, a 5V power supply with charging support for both the iPod and iPhone, and dual alarms with a choice of everyday, weekday or weekend settings. Sony’s ICF-C7iP will be available in April and will sell for $70.
- Philips announces Hue Go connected lamp
- Apple threatens action against accessory makers using leaked device specs
- IK Multimedia announces iRig Mic Studio
- Report: Apple outlines more stringent requirements for MFi case makers
- Report: Bose products returning to Apple Stores?
- Beats introduces Solo2 Wireless Headphones
- Apple issues workaround for Messages text string bug
- Apple acquires Metaio, an augmented reality company
- Apple stuck with court-appointed antitrust monitor
- Apple to unveil rewards system for Apple Pay
- GM bringing CarPlay to 14 of its 2016 Chevy models
- Upcoming kit will allow developers to build native Apple Watch apps
- Apple may debut new ‘Proactive’ assistant with iOS 9
- Google Search will soon surface content from iOS apps
- iOS bug allows peculiar string of characters in Messages to reboot iPhones
- iOS 9 Transit feature to launch in select cities
- Spigen Apple Watch Stand S330
- Griffin WatchStand for Apple Watch
- Apple iPhone Lightning Dock
- Witti Notti and Dotti
- PhoneSuit Elite 6 and Elite 6 Pro Battery Case for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Wren V5US Speaker
- Skech Base for iPad Air 2
- Anova Culinary Precision Cooker
- Phiaton MS 100 BA Earphones
- Olloclip Ollocase for iPhone 6
- Will removing a credit card from Safari also remove it from Apple Pay?
- Can I mute Handoff calls coming into my Mac from my iPhone?
- How do I keep my iPhone calls from ringing on my Mac?
- Why doesn’t Traffic show up on my Today Notifications Screen?
- Why doesn’t my iPhone reconnect to Wi-Fi after I turn it on?
- Why can’t I see the iPad-style landscape view on my iPhone 6 Plus?
- Is there a point to having both iCloud Photo Library and iCloud Photo Stream enabled?
- Why can’t I set a longer passcode timeout on my iPhone 6 Plus?
- Can I turn off Message Read Receipts for only some users?
- How do I share one iCloud Photo Library within a family?