Sony unveils wireless, DJ-style music systems for iPod
Sony has unveiled two new audio systems for the iPod, one offering multi-room wireless audio, the other dual iPod docks for DJ-style mixing. The Sony S-AIRPLAY system employs Sony’s S-Air technology to wirelessly transmit audio from the system’s main docking station to separate S-Air wireless speakers. The system includes one docking station, which features a built-in iPod dock, an AM/FM tuner, a dual source to allow one speaker to listen to radio while the other listens to audio from the iPod, and composite A/V outputs. The wireless speakers, two of which are included in the system, and up to 10 of which can be used simultaneously, offer remote control capability for the iPod’s music controls, sleep timers and alarm clock functionality. The Sony S-AIRPLAY audio system is available for pre-order now and will begin shipping in September for $400.
Sony’s XROSS FADE is a DJ-style shelf system for iPod offering dual iPod docks, a cross-fader with monitor cue and a built-in two-channel mixer. Other features include 450 watts of total power output, a pair of two-way bass reflex speakers, a dual 7-inch subwoofer enclosure, a CD player, an AM/FM tuner, a line-in jack for other audio sources, scroll wheel mechanisms for iPod navigation, a USB recording function to save mixing sessions in MP3 format, and a beat blend feature that adds a layer of pre-programmed percussion, drum sounds and loops over the mix. Part of the Sony’s Muteki series, the XROSS FADE is now available for pre-order and will be available in September for around $500.
- Apple adds ‘Beats by Dr. Dre’ section to online store
- Magellan intros Echo Fit sports smart watch
- Apple posts official Beats welcome announcement
- Nest Protect alarm returning to stores with lower price
- Samsonite acquires Speck Products for $85 million
- Beats introduces new Solo2 headphones
If you have a comment, news tip, advertising inquiry, or coverage request, a question about iPods/iPhones/iPad or accessories, or if you sell or market iPod/iPhone/iPad products or services, read iLounge's Comments + Questions policies before posting, and fully identify yourself if you do. We will delete comments containing advertising, astroturfing, trolling, personal attacks, offensive language, or other objectionable content, then ban and/or publicly identify violators.
- Apps of the Week: Star Walk 2, Swing Copters, Vine 2.5 + more
- Apple releases new iTunes 12 beta
- Alleged rear shell for 5.5” iPhone 6 leaked
- Video Review: Otterbox Agility Tablet System
- NFL Now channel comes to Apple TV
- New iPhone 6 schematic leak shows protruding camera lens
- Mercedes, Volvo delay CarPlay support until 2015
- iOS 8 beta suggests 1472x828 resolution, more icons for iPhone 6 Home Screen?
- Report: Apple releases iOS 8 beta 6 to testing partners
- Sprint announces Family Share Pack data plans
- Parrot Minidrone Rolling Spider
- Stem Innovation Izon View
- Zivix PUC Wireless MIDI Link
- IK Multimedia iRig Voice
- Ten One Design Magnus Air
- Go Design TravelCard Charger
- OtterBox Agility Tablet System for iPad Air
- SwitchEasy B’Spoke for iPad Air
- Kero Products Nomad Cable Lightning
- Juno Labs Juno Power Junojumpr
- What’s New In Apple TV 7.0
- What’s New in iTunes 12
- iLounge Picks: Five Great Summer Party Speakers
- Editorial: Endings And Beginnings
- Live From CE Week 2014: Brand New iPad, iPhone + Mac Accessories!
- What’s New In iOS 8 For iPad, iPhone + iPod touch
- iLounge Multi-Editorial: WWDC 2014’s iOS 8, OS X Yosemite + More
- The Complete Guide to Apple TV Channels
- iHistory: From iPod + iTunes to iPhone, Apple TV + iPad, 2001 to 2010
- iHistory: From iPod + iTunes to iPhone, Apple TV + iPad: 2011 to Today