Sony unveils wireless, DJ-style music systems for iPod
Sony has unveiled two new audio systems for the iPod, one offering multi-room wireless audio, the other dual iPod docks for DJ-style mixing. The Sony S-AIRPLAY system employs Sony’s S-Air technology to wirelessly transmit audio from the system’s main docking station to separate S-Air wireless speakers. The system includes one docking station, which features a built-in iPod dock, an AM/FM tuner, a dual source to allow one speaker to listen to radio while the other listens to audio from the iPod, and composite A/V outputs. The wireless speakers, two of which are included in the system, and up to 10 of which can be used simultaneously, offer remote control capability for the iPod’s music controls, sleep timers and alarm clock functionality. The Sony S-AIRPLAY audio system is available for pre-order now and will begin shipping in September for $400.
Sony’s XROSS FADE is a DJ-style shelf system for iPod offering dual iPod docks, a cross-fader with monitor cue and a built-in two-channel mixer. Other features include 450 watts of total power output, a pair of two-way bass reflex speakers, a dual 7-inch subwoofer enclosure, a CD player, an AM/FM tuner, a line-in jack for other audio sources, scroll wheel mechanisms for iPod navigation, a USB recording function to save mixing sessions in MP3 format, and a beat blend feature that adds a layer of pre-programmed percussion, drum sounds and loops over the mix. Part of the Sony’s Muteki series, the XROSS FADE is now available for pre-order and will be available in September for around $500.
- Nike to offer customers cash in proposed FuelBand settlement
- iPod touch 6G: Unboxing + comparison photos
- Apple debuts ‘Apple Tested Cases’ web page
- Nest debuts Nest Cam, updates Nest Protect and Learning Thermostat
- Monster: Apple booted us from MFi program over Beats lawsuit
- Report: Apple killed Beats home audio project after acquisition
- Apple sends out invites to September 9 event
- iPhone 6S to get front flash mode? (Update: Rose Gold color on the way)
- Report: iPhone 6S to support Motion wallpapers
- Rumor: iPhone 6S Plus to have smaller battery, packaging revealed?
- Report: Apple behind San Francisco ‘mystery event’ in early September
- Taiwan court rules Samsung used stolen trade secrets to make A9 chip
- Apple loses German patent lawsuit over slide-to-unlock feature
- Best Buy expanding Apple Watch sales to all its stores in September
- Philips introduces dimmer remote kit for Hue lights
- Report: Apple ending One to One tutoring program
- Thonet & Vander Koloss Bluetooth Speaker
- iHome iSP5 SmartPlug
- Spigen Apple Watch Nightstand S350
- DODOcase Lorna iPhone Wallet Case for iPhone 6 Plus
- SwitchEasy Blocks Customizable Dock Building Set for Apple Watch
- DODOcase Maritime Collection Multi-Angle Case for iPad Air 2
- Kanex iPhone ChargeSync Dock for iPhone 6 + iPhone 6 Plus
- Onanoff Sound Cover for iPad Air + iPad Air 2
- Native Union Clic 360 for iPhone 6
- Wirelessky iStand 6 for iPhone 6
- A First Look at iOS 9’s Transit in Apple Maps (Updated for watchOS 2)
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iTunes 12.2
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 8.4 + Apple Music
- CE Week 2015: IK Multimedia, Monowear’s Apple Watch bands + More
- Live From CE Week 2015: Brand New iPad, iPhone + Mac Accessories!
- Opinion: The ‘Grand Experiment’ of shifting to Google Photos
- Will removing a credit card from Safari also remove it from Apple Pay?
- Can I mute Handoff calls coming into my Mac from my iPhone?
- How do I keep my iPhone calls from ringing on my Mac?
- Why doesn’t Traffic show up on my Today Notifications Screen?