Sony unveils wireless, DJ-style music systems for iPod
Sony has unveiled two new audio systems for the iPod, one offering multi-room wireless audio, the other dual iPod docks for DJ-style mixing. The Sony S-AIRPLAY system employs Sony’s S-Air technology to wirelessly transmit audio from the system’s main docking station to separate S-Air wireless speakers. The system includes one docking station, which features a built-in iPod dock, an AM/FM tuner, a dual source to allow one speaker to listen to radio while the other listens to audio from the iPod, and composite A/V outputs. The wireless speakers, two of which are included in the system, and up to 10 of which can be used simultaneously, offer remote control capability for the iPod’s music controls, sleep timers and alarm clock functionality. The Sony S-AIRPLAY audio system is available for pre-order now and will begin shipping in September for $400.
Sony’s XROSS FADE is a DJ-style shelf system for iPod offering dual iPod docks, a cross-fader with monitor cue and a built-in two-channel mixer. Other features include 450 watts of total power output, a pair of two-way bass reflex speakers, a dual 7-inch subwoofer enclosure, a CD player, an AM/FM tuner, a line-in jack for other audio sources, scroll wheel mechanisms for iPod navigation, a USB recording function to save mixing sessions in MP3 format, and a beat blend feature that adds a layer of pre-programmed percussion, drum sounds and loops over the mix. Part of the Sony’s Muteki series, the XROSS FADE is now available for pre-order and will be available in September for around $500.
- Report: Apple outlines more stringent requirements for MFi case makers
- Report: Bose products returning to Apple Stores?
- Beats introduces Solo2 Wireless Headphones
- Logitech debuts Harmony Living Home line
- Microsoft unveils iOS-compatible Universal Mobile Keyboard
- Video Review: Logitech Bluetooth Multi-Device Keyboard K480
If you have a comment, news tip, advertising inquiry, or coverage request, a question about iPods/iPhones/iPad or accessories, or if you sell or market iPod/iPhone/iPad products or services, read iLounge's Comments + Questions policies before posting, and fully identify yourself if you do. We will delete comments containing advertising, astroturfing, trolling, personal attacks, offensive language, or other objectionable content, then ban and/or publicly identify violators.
- Cook ‘deeply offended’ by BBC allegations
- BBC investigative report claims Apple fails to protect Chinese workers
- Apple releases iOS 8.2 beta 3 to developers
- Tim Cook announces $20M raised for (PRODUCT)RED in internal e-mail
- Apple announces 64-bit and iOS 8 requirements for app updates
- Apple ordered to turn over records in Canadian iPhone antitrust probe
- Apple halts online sales in Russia
- Apple found not guilty in iPod, iTunes Store lock-in suit
- Apple Pay cards represent 90 percent of US credit purchase volume; Samsung readying rival service
- Apps of the Week: Microsoft’s MSN apps
- STM Dux for iPhone 6
- Kenu Stance Compact Tripod for iPhone
- SwitchEasy Boombox for iPhone 6
- STM Skinny Pro for iPad Air 2
- SwitchEasy Rave for iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus + Wrap for iPhone 6 Plus
- Dog & Bone Wetsuit for iPhone 6
- Belkin Qode Ultimate + Ultimate Pro Keyboard Cases for iPad Air 2
- Evollve Ozobot
- Skech Crystal for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus, Hard Rubber + Ice for iPhone 6
- Uniq Transforma for iPad Air 2
- Last-Minute Holiday Gift Guide for 2014
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iTunes 12
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 8.1
- An Easy Guide To Setting Up + Using Apple Pay In iOS 8.1
- Ten Things You Didn’t Know About iPad Air 2 + iPad mini 3
- Mind The Gap: What’s iPad’s Role In An iPhone 6 (Plus) World?
- Editorial: Why I Switched To T-Mobile (And You Might, Too)
- The Early Guide To Apple Watch Apps
- iLounge’s Top iPhone 6 + iPhone 6 Plus Case Picks (Fall 2014)
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 8.0