Soulver adds AirPrint support, UI improvements
Acqualia has released an update to its Soulver apps for iOS adding Retina Display support for the third-generation iPad, iOS 5 improvements, AirPrint support and more. Soulver is a notepad style calculator app designed to allow users to handle both quick and complex calculations in an intuitive and easy to track user interface. Calculations are entered line by line and users can employ words alongside numbers to help make values clearer to read and employ as algebraic variables.
Soulver 1.6 adds support for printing calculations via AirPrint and makes several improvements to syncing via Dropbox and iTunes File Sharing. Several new user interface features have also been added including new swipe gestures to show and hide the files drawer, visual improvements to the variables editor and more intuitive insertion of line references along with the ability to use the iPhone version in landscape orientation. The keyboard has also been improved under iOS 5 with spell-checking, autocorrect and smart editing features now available when the alphabetic keyboard is selected and better hiding behaviour. The update also adds 90 additional currencies with more intuitive conversion when using the currencies keyboard and simplifies the settings view with the ability to add, remove and rearrange currencies. Soulver 1.6 is available from the App Store in two versions: Soulver ($3) for the iPhone and iPod touch and Soulver for iPad ($5). Both versions require iOS 5.0 or later.
- Lara Croft GO, Instagram, Pocket, Scanbot, Vine
- Animal Jam Play Wild, Final Fantasy VII, WonderBox, Square Cash 2.8, Swarm 3.0
- RollerCoaster Tycoon 3, Carrot Weather, Google News & Weather, Microsoft Outlook
- Updated Apple Store app accepts gift cards
- EU ends one inquiry into Apple, begins another
- 1Password, Calcbot, Pennies + Twitterrific on the Apple Watch
- Apple to drop first-gen Apple TV, iPod classic support as of Sept 8th
- New Apple TV to feature motion sensitive remote
- Media companies balk at $40/mo. plan for Apple TV service
- Former Beats Music CEO Ian Rogers leaves Apple
- Apple partners with PayAnywhere for Apple Pay
- Report: iPhone 6S to retain 16GB base model
- Apple sends out invites to September 9 event
- iPhone 6S to get front flash mode? (Update: Rose Gold color on the way)
- Report: iPhone 6S to support Motion wallpapers
- Rumor: iPhone 6S Plus to have smaller battery, packaging revealed?
- Tech21 Evo Mesh Sport for iPhone 6 and Evo Elite for iPhone 6 Plus
- Thonet & Vander Koloss Bluetooth Speaker
- iHome iSP5 SmartPlug
- Spigen Apple Watch Nightstand S350
- DODOcase Lorna iPhone Wallet Case for iPhone 6 Plus
- SwitchEasy Blocks Customizable Dock Building Set for Apple Watch
- DODOcase Maritime Collection Multi-Angle Case for iPad Air 2
- Kanex iPhone ChargeSync Dock for iPhone 6 + iPhone 6 Plus
- Onanoff Sound Cover for iPad Air + iPad Air 2
- Native Union Clic 360 for iPhone 6
- A First Look at iOS 9’s Transit in Apple Maps (Updated for watchOS 2)
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iTunes 12.2
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 8.4 + Apple Music
- CE Week 2015: IK Multimedia, Monowear’s Apple Watch bands + More
- Live From CE Week 2015: Brand New iPad, iPhone + Mac Accessories!
- Opinion: The ‘Grand Experiment’ of shifting to Google Photos
- Will removing a credit card from Safari also remove it from Apple Pay?
- Can I mute Handoff calls coming into my Mac from my iPhone?
- How do I keep my iPhone calls from ringing on my Mac?
- Why doesn’t Traffic show up on my Today Notifications Screen?