Soulver adds AirPrint support, UI improvements
Acqualia has released an update to its Soulver apps for iOS adding Retina Display support for the third-generation iPad, iOS 5 improvements, AirPrint support and more. Soulver is a notepad style calculator app designed to allow users to handle both quick and complex calculations in an intuitive and easy to track user interface. Calculations are entered line by line and users can employ words alongside numbers to help make values clearer to read and employ as algebraic variables.
Soulver 1.6 adds support for printing calculations via AirPrint and makes several improvements to syncing via Dropbox and iTunes File Sharing. Several new user interface features have also been added including new swipe gestures to show and hide the files drawer, visual improvements to the variables editor and more intuitive insertion of line references along with the ability to use the iPhone version in landscape orientation. The keyboard has also been improved under iOS 5 with spell-checking, autocorrect and smart editing features now available when the alphabetic keyboard is selected and better hiding behaviour. The update also adds 90 additional currencies with more intuitive conversion when using the currencies keyboard and simplifies the settings view with the ability to add, remove and rearrange currencies. Soulver 1.6 is available from the App Store in two versions: Soulver ($3) for the iPhone and iPod touch and Soulver for iPad ($5). Both versions require iOS 5.0 or later.
- The LEGO Movie Video Game, Rocket Cars, SpongeBob: Sponge on the Run, 1Password 5.2 + more
- NimbleBit announces Apple Watch support for Letterpad
- Be My Eyes, GoodReader 4.8, MacID, Multifly + more
- Monument Valley infographic reveals revenue, other stats from hit game
- AllCast, Google Classroom, Google Maps 4.2, Peg + Cat: The Tree Problem + more
- Apple announces 64-bit and iOS 8 requirements for app updates
If you have a comment, news tip, advertising inquiry, or coverage request, a question about iPods/iPhones/iPad or accessories, or if you sell or market iPod/iPhone/iPad products or services, read iLounge's Comments + Questions policies before posting, and fully identify yourself if you do. We will delete comments containing advertising, astroturfing, trolling, personal attacks, offensive language, or other objectionable content, then ban and/or publicly identify violators.
- iLounge Weekly comes out Monday, subscribe now
- Verizon to allow users to opt out of web tracking ‘supercookies’
- Apple releases iTunes 12.1 update, adds Notification Center widget
- Chinese Government may require Apple to build ‘back door’ into iPhones
- Notes from Apple’s Q1 2015 earnings call
- Cook: Apple Watch shipping in April
- Apple Q1 2015: Record $74.6B revenue, 74.5M iPhones, 24.4M iPads
- Apple Pay support coming to more vending machines, kiosks, parking meters
- Apple releases iOS 8.1.3
- Apple TV adds 120 Sports channel
- RooCase ORB Tablet System
- Harman Kardon Soho Wireless Headphones
- Odoyo Power+Shell EX Rechargeable Battery Case for iPhone 6
- Patriot Memory Fuel iON Magnetic Charging Case with Charging Pad for iPhone 6
- Lenmar Maven Battery Case for iPhone 6
- STM Studio for iPad Air 2
- VSN Mobil V.360 Camera
- Booq Booqpad for iPad Air 2
- Incipio offGRID Express for iPhone 6
- Incipio Tuxen for iPad Air 2
- How do I turn off Reachability on the iPhone 6 Plus?
- How do I get a phone number on iMessage?
- Can I share in-app subscriptions among family members?
- Can I cancel or ‘unsend’ sent iMessages?
- Ten Things You Didn’t Know About Apple’s HomeKit
- Reorganizing files in the iTunes Media Folder
- Exchange text messages between two iPhones with no cellular data plan
- The Booths of the iProducts Marketplace at CES 2015
- Hands-on with CarPlay at CES 2015
- iLounge announces its CES 2015 Best of Show Awards