SoundFX Sound View magnifies iPod video screen | iLounge News

SoundFX Sound View magnifies iPod video screen

image

imageSakar has introduced the SoundFX Sound View, an adjustable stand for the video iPod that integrates a screen magnifier and two speakers. The unique variable zoom magnifier enlarges the iPod’s screen image up to 300%, according to the company. The SoundFX Sound View sells for $30 and is expected to begin shipping in the first quarter of 2006.

“The SoundFX Sound View is poised to revolutionize the way iPod video enthusiasts enjoy their digital entertainment,” says Sakar. “The all-in-one device features a cradle designed specifically for the iPod video, allowing users to sit back and comfortably enjoy any song or video hands-free. Twin stereo speakers positioned on each side of the unit provide exceptional amplified sound, while a side headphone jack makes iPod connection easy for personal listening.”

« ezGear offers ezStart nano starter kit

Analyst: iPod to continue to dominate despite new rivals »

Comments

It’s huge!

Posted by Biren on January 7, 2006 at 5:24 PM (CST)

When do they think people will use it? At home? Nope. Travelling? I don’t think so - its a lot of extra stuff to be carrying around, and just how tragic do you want to look!!
I understand what they were wanting to do, but its just been poorly executed… IMO…

Posted by Piarco75 on January 7, 2006 at 6:36 PM (CST)

wat a deal!

Posted by BlueSIm on January 7, 2006 at 7:10 PM (CST)

Alright, what good does it do if the speakers are facing the other way? And the iPod’s video feature is supposed to be used to seriously watch a movie. We have TVs and such for that. So the screen size is small. Also, Apple worked their butts off to make the iPod as small as it is. Then these guys come around and add all this crap…and one more thing. What’s the point of the headphone jack on the side?

Posted by Arjun on January 7, 2006 at 7:30 PM (CST)

I have to say that this is the first 2006 candidate for the 101 ways to being the ugliest most useless iPod accessory! Will there be other contenders? You bet! I cannot look at the photograph without picking myself off the floor. What were they thinking when they so-called designed this aberration? It looks an entry for a fourth grade science project.

Posted by FahrenheiPod 451 on January 7, 2006 at 7:31 PM (CST)

.(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address).

Posted by thebrain on January 7, 2006 at 7:46 PM (CST)

That has to be one of the stupidest things I’ve ever seen. Magnify? Why not just hook it up to a TV if you think it’s to small?

Posted by PimpyMicPimp on January 7, 2006 at 8:14 PM (CST)

now this seems just silly and really ugly
or some kinda of expensive joke

Posted by feh1325 on January 7, 2006 at 8:40 PM (CST)

this will match perfectly with my coke bottle glasses.  somebody please beat me up!!

Posted by cellphonejunkie on January 7, 2006 at 10:19 PM (CST)

I think it would be a pretty nice deal for $30, but if I wanted to watch a movie on a plane or something, I would use a portable DVD player or a PSP.

Posted by dannycohen62 on January 7, 2006 at 10:22 PM (CST)

Me and my friend totally own our Chemistry teacher and pull out my ipod, watching everything from South Park, to 40 Year Old Virgin. So far we have got snacks, a headphone splitter with a couple pairs of headphones, and some graphing calculators. Let the culmination begin.

Posted by Ryan on January 7, 2006 at 11:57 PM (CST)

it even has breakdanciing silohuettes on the side. i think designing products like that is illegal.

Posted by john on January 8, 2006 at 12:46 AM (CST)

what the ####, is that a guy by the X (on the side) playing with himself?

Posted by aaron on January 8, 2006 at 1:32 AM (CST)

hahahahahahaha

Ohhhh mann, haha that is hilarious.

. . . . Nice observation Aaron. hahaha

I mean wait no, we’re ALREADY saying that.

Wow this sucks.

Posted by Andrew on January 8, 2006 at 1:53 AM (CST)

“Oh and by the way, this looks like one of those things that if you look back 20-years from now. It’d be like, Are you serious? How stupid is that?”

Welcome to 20 years later!

Posted by Anonymous on January 8, 2006 at 2:32 AM (CST)

Magnified? How much? 300%?

The opening for the viewing area on this contraption hardly looks bigger than the area of the 5G’s own LCD. So what’s this do? Allow a person to watch an enlarged cropped version of the video?

Not only is it fugly, but it’s as idiotic an add-on as there ever was.

Posted by flatline response on January 8, 2006 at 2:44 AM (CST)

Is this thing ugly?
—-yes

Does it seem useless?
—-pretty much

Does it have poorley located speakers?
—-definitely

Could anyone actually find it usefull?
—-probably

What I don’t understand is how so many loungers react to such products.
Some of you cats actually sound upset as if your money was spent on developing this product.

I personally WILL not be getting this product, but I can see some guy working in a office all day have it setting on his desk and he may watch the last eppisode of lost as he takes his lunch break.

Personally I don’t like this “thing” but I look at, decide that it’s not for me and then I just go on to the next.

I’m still pretty new here and I may be getting a bad rep by this post but come people; get serious.

IF you don’t like it, Oh well… move on.
Keep the childish comments to yourself.

Posted by 3rdEye on January 8, 2006 at 3:34 AM (CST)

it looks like those things for the old gameboys… had a built in little tiny light too so you could try and see the screen..

Posted by Tymeflame on January 8, 2006 at 3:54 AM (CST)

Tymeflame: Ture dat. It does completely remind me of one of those as well. I remembering having one of those too.

And, 3rdEye: I agree with you, but I don’t see any problem at poking fun at a product and getting some laughs out of it. Hey! It’s funny haha

Posted by Andrew on January 8, 2006 at 4:50 AM (CST)

Heh. It reminds me of something from the movie Brazil, where they had these magnifying sheets in front of their teeny monitors. Either that or the thing Spock used to look in when he needed to do his science thing.

Posted by Tuttle on January 8, 2006 at 5:13 AM (CST)

Page 1 of 2 pages  1 2 >