Speck announces CableGuys, Mystery Case deal | iLounge News

Speck announces CableGuys, Mystery Case deal

image

Speck Products today announced the CableGuys, “fun and functional” audio/video cables for iPods. The CableGuys come in a 3-pack that includes a home stereo cable, computer speaker cable, and a headphone splitter for $25. An iPod-to-USB cable is available for $20. Speck also announced its Mystery Case of the Day promotion. “Every day, Speck will be shipping a different mystery case valued at $20-$35,” the accessory maker said. “Take a change and surprise yourself with one of Speck’s great iPod cases.”

« Scosche intros RF remotes for 5G iPod, nano

Mix: Thanko, Movie service, Fitchburg State, Volkswagen »

Comments

And I suppose one of those is named ‘Larry’, too…

The Decline and Fall of the Human Race, as evidenced by the iPod’s aftermarket industry.

Posted by flatline response on March 23, 2006 at 1:18 PM (CST)

Yeah… right, they expect us to surprise ourselves with a crap case?

Posted by alive and kicking on March 23, 2006 at 3:23 PM (CST)

IMO, none of the Speck cases are “crap”. they sell the best Ipod cases on the market.

Posted by Art of Swick-Fu on March 23, 2006 at 3:56 PM (CST)

Be that as it may, would you be willing to take a chance and get a ‘mystery’ iGuy or that ridiculous looking astroturf-nub case?

Also - twenty bucks for a smiley-face USB cable? I’m just gonna go ahead and say the era of cutesy iPod accessories should end. Please.

Sorry if I’m being a killjoy. I do like their ToughSkin case, even if it’s a bit pricey.

Posted by Multimoog on March 23, 2006 at 9:09 PM (CST)

Well I think that’s the point of the $10 ‘Mystery Case’ idea.  I personally like all their cases, but I wouldn’t pay the prices they ask for.

For instance, the iGuy.  I wanted to get one simply for the humor of it and a chance to take a series of funny photos of it.  $25 is WAY to much though.  During the holidays, I think, they ran a promo that brought it down to $8… so I didn’t think twice about it.

I feel exactly the same about the rest of their cases as well.  I think I would gladly pay a cheap $10 for any of their cases, so whichever one I get (yeah I bought one) I know I’ll be happy with it.  Even if it’s the one I like the least… it was still only $10.

Posted by LilAlienD in Maryland on March 23, 2006 at 9:33 PM (CST)

I bought one of the mystery cases, I am now the owner of a green astroturf, or a the package says “grass-like features look and feel great”, not too bad for $10 though.

Posted by happy.buddha on March 30, 2006 at 10:32 PM (CST)