Speck debuts iKitty for iPod nano | iLounge News

Speck debuts iKitty for iPod nano

imageSpeck Products today introduced the iKitty for the iPod nano, a new version of its rubberized cat case. The iKitty stands on four legs, with the nano’s click wheel and screen on the toy’s belly. It has a bendable tail, screen protector, and access to the dock connector, headphone jack and hold switch. The iKitty for iPod nano sells for $35 and will begin shipping later this week.

« What is it? Contest by Rain Design - Winners Announced

Sixth iPod nano lawsuit filed; Apple seeks to consolidate »

Comments

Q. Why iKitty and not iDoggy?

A. Because most cats look pretty much the same. They’ve got the ‘cat shape’, with two pointy triangular ears, 4 legs and a tail. There are so many breeds of dogs with so many different looks- we’d never be able to please all the dog lovers out there.

LOL

Posted by Galley in Greenville, SC on December 27, 2005 at 1:51 PM (PDT)

sorry but y is that so funny that it deserves capitals? LOL?

Posted by claire... on December 27, 2005 at 2:10 PM (PDT)

Seems like a lot of cash for something so…lame?

Posted by PimpyMicPimp on December 27, 2005 at 4:02 PM (PDT)

Did you see the other iKitty? It was way worse.

Posted by LukeA on December 27, 2005 at 5:01 PM (PDT)

I think it is a hilarious addition to the seemingly endless and mundane selection of cases for iPod. I still have a 2G 20gb ipod. Otherwise I would pick one up for the smile value alone.

Posted by Kathleen on December 27, 2005 at 5:01 PM (PDT)

Usually I think these kinds of these are pretty pointless ... but I have to admit, I think it’s kinda cute ...

Posted by Pam on December 27, 2005 at 6:26 PM (PDT)

Ooops ... meant “these kinds of things” ...

Posted by Pam on December 27, 2005 at 6:27 PM (PDT)

notice were you insert the dock connector and head phones

LOL!!!

i though that was funny claire thats why mine hase a capital LOL hahahaha

Posted by BIGP in Texas on December 27, 2005 at 8:04 PM (PDT)

AWW! I love Kitties!! I must get this!

Posted by Chris on December 27, 2005 at 9:57 PM (PDT)

Since we have a similar-looking slender black cat, I’d get one for the amusement value if I weren’t already waiting for my See Thrus, for which shipment has been delayed again, and impatiently ordered a Sena case to keep my iPod out of harm’s way.  One can always use another case, though, and an extra laugh.

Posted by pInK on December 28, 2005 at 7:46 AM (PDT)

boy that tail would sure get in the way, if you were using this out of the confines of your home.

Posted by blah on December 28, 2005 at 12:55 PM (PDT)

HaHa so when the kitty is docked it looks like it is pooping on a toilet.

Posted by Chris23 on December 28, 2005 at 6:30 PM (PDT)

Come on, this is getting a little bit over board though. right? I do agree with Blah

Posted by Nathan A. Hill on December 29, 2005 at 2:55 PM (PDT)

Yeah but if you don’t like it then don’t buy it! There’s people out there that like this kind of stuff and would like to customize their iPod THEIR way! I’d get it but I have a 4th gen Nano. So I’ll wait till they release that. =^-^=

Posted by LahLeon on January 16, 2009 at 6:10 PM (PDT)