Speck debuts Portfolio Skin case | iLounge News

Speck debuts Portfolio Skin case

image

image

image

imageSpeck Products continues its onslaught of new iPod accessories with the Portfolio Skin, a new silicone case that opens up like a book and closes with a strap made out of the same material. The case, which offers all-around protection, is available in clear or pink and each comes with four different colored straps.

Speck says the Portfolio Skin will work with 20, 30, 40 and 60GB 4G iPod and iPod photo models. It will be available from the company’s online store early tomorrow morning for $34.95. Click below for our exclusive photos.

« Belkin acknowledges Power Pack defect, calls for returns [updated]

Apple pact with Wal-Mart ‘broader than some realize’ »

Comments

I dunno. looks pretty shoddy.

Posted by LC Angell on June 15, 2005 at 7:08 PM (CDT)

interesting design. a bit pricey for what it is, though.

Posted by LC Angell on June 15, 2005 at 8:11 PM (CDT)

I’m not getting why this is useful or stylish.  Pass.

Posted by LC Angell on June 15, 2005 at 11:43 PM (CDT)

That thing looks like a piece. I don’t see why anyone would buy it.

Posted by LC Angell on June 16, 2005 at 12:31 AM (CDT)

Accessories are becoming so worthless.

Posted by LC Angell on June 16, 2005 at 1:36 AM (CDT)

It’s ridiculous… there’s no clear reason why they would make it open like that… it isn’t stylish and there’s no functional purpose.

Posted by LC Angell on June 16, 2005 at 1:42 AM (CDT)

I hate silicon cases as they are, I couldn’t imagine having to deal with one that adds considerable bulk as well, and I have to open to get to the controls.

If I want a wallet style case, I’ll go for a true wallet style and get leather.  Probably for the same price.

Posted by LC Angell on June 16, 2005 at 9:29 AM (CDT)

I agree, worthless.

Posted by LC Angell on June 16, 2005 at 10:30 AM (CDT)

At first glance, I was in agreement with all the other comments here, but on further inspection, I think this case would be great for taking an iPod to the pool or beach - true all around protection for the iPod, wheel and screen, but openings for the headphones, remote & hold switch…

Just my 2 cents.

Posted by LC Angell on June 16, 2005 at 1:40 PM (CDT)

This really is pretty rediculous looking…

Posted by LC Angell on June 16, 2005 at 5:17 PM (CDT)

So, why DOES it open? Have we gotten to that? I mean, I guess it looks kind of neat with the coloured strap, but doesn’t it just make the ipod a whole lot more inconvenient and bigger - exactly what the ipod is not supposed to be, as they keep getting smaller and smaller. Overall rating: stupid.

Posted by LC Angell on June 20, 2005 at 2:48 AM (CDT)