Speck debuts Portfolio Skin case | iLounge News

Contributing Editor
Published: Wednesday, June 15, 2005
News Categories: iPod Accessories

image

image

image

imageSpeck Products continues its onslaught of new iPod accessories with the Portfolio Skin, a new silicone case that opens up like a book and closes with a strap made out of the same material. The case, which offers all-around protection, is available in clear or pink and each comes with four different colored straps.

Speck says the Portfolio Skin will work with 20, 30, 40 and 60GB 4G iPod and iPod photo models. It will be available from the company’s online store early tomorrow morning for $34.95. Click below for our exclusive photos.

« Belkin acknowledges Power Pack defect, calls for returns [updated]

Apple pact with Wal-Mart ‘broader than some realize’ »

Comments

I dunno. looks pretty shoddy.

Posted by jmaurand on June 15, 2005 at 4:08 PM (PDT)

interesting design. a bit pricey for what it is, though.

Posted by punkrockavocado in VA on June 15, 2005 at 5:11 PM (PDT)

I’m not getting why this is useful or stylish.  Pass.

Posted by stark23x on June 15, 2005 at 8:43 PM (PDT)

That thing looks like a piece. I don’t see why anyone would buy it.

Posted by insomnia_ on June 15, 2005 at 9:31 PM (PDT)

Accessories are becoming so worthless.

Posted by rachel on June 15, 2005 at 10:36 PM (PDT)

It’s ridiculous… there’s no clear reason why they would make it open like that… it isn’t stylish and there’s no functional purpose.

Posted by Meg on June 15, 2005 at 10:42 PM (PDT)

I hate silicon cases as they are, I couldn’t imagine having to deal with one that adds considerable bulk as well, and I have to open to get to the controls.

If I want a wallet style case, I’ll go for a true wallet style and get leather.  Probably for the same price.

Posted by LilAlienD in Maryland on June 16, 2005 at 6:29 AM (PDT)

I agree, worthless.

Posted by klwdallas in Dallas, TX on June 16, 2005 at 7:30 AM (PDT)

At first glance, I was in agreement with all the other comments here, but on further inspection, I think this case would be great for taking an iPod to the pool or beach - true all around protection for the iPod, wheel and screen, but openings for the headphones, remote & hold switch…

Just my 2 cents.

Posted by redsoxnation on June 16, 2005 at 10:40 AM (PDT)

This really is pretty rediculous looking…

Posted by bensblur on June 16, 2005 at 2:17 PM (PDT)

So, why DOES it open? Have we gotten to that? I mean, I guess it looks kind of neat with the coloured strap, but doesn’t it just make the ipod a whole lot more inconvenient and bigger - exactly what the ipod is not supposed to be, as they keep getting smaller and smaller. Overall rating: stupid.

Posted by giacinta on June 19, 2005 at 11:48 PM (PDT)