Speck intros iGuy for iPod | iLounge News

Speck intros iGuy for iPod

By LC Angell

Contributing Editor
Published: Thursday, May 26, 2005
News Categories: iPod Accessories

imageSpeck Products today introduced iGuy, a bendable “friend” for your iPod. The company said that iGuy does more than just play—the posable accessory features rubberized protection, docking capability and a screen protector. iGuy sells for $34.95 and fits all 4G and photo iPods.

“Our new iGuy can be your iPod’s best friend,” says Speck. “iPod owners are incredibly passionate about their iPod and the iGuy enables them to not only customize their iPod, but actually give it a personality. This is the perfect gift for the iPod fanatic in your life.”

image

image

image

« Mix: Sirius, Audible, Playlist club, Podcast feud

iPod, Ive receive D&AD design awards »

Comments

Hahah… Awesome!

I love the sitting to dock… now they need to design the “iPotty” toilet dock for iGuy to sit on.  :-D

Posted by Jerrod H. in TX on May 26, 2005 at 8:12 AM (PDT)

Gumby Lives - Damnit!

Posted by pickme on May 26, 2005 at 8:55 AM (PDT)

WTF! And I mean WTF!!!

That’s got to be the worst iCondom I’ve ever seen. Who are they trying to Market this Crap off on anyway?

Thank God we never had to experience anything of this lured nature back in the Days of the >3G iPod’s.

At this rate I can almost see Speck selling iPanties G-String style or iDepends as addons.

STOP THE INSANITY!!!

Posted by Ichijoe in Deutschland on May 26, 2005 at 9:02 AM (PDT)

I’m going to start buying this crap and open a stupid ipod accessory museum in some wierd place like Iceland or Alabama. I’ll call it the iMuseum - which is about as original and as useful as this piece of tripe.

Posted by techmonk in California USA on May 26, 2005 at 9:47 AM (PDT)

what the hell

Posted by jmaurand on May 26, 2005 at 10:34 AM (PDT)

i want it!  people will think i am insane at the gym and leave me alone at last!

Posted by tetherah on May 26, 2005 at 10:42 AM (PDT)

“This is the perfect gift for the iPod fanatic in your life.?

Marketing code for “No one would actually buy this for themselves.”

Posted by Fangorn in Texas on May 26, 2005 at 11:41 AM (PDT)

“And yes, in docking position, it looks like iGuy is taking a dump. What were they thinking???”

Well, I guarantee they were thinking it didn’t look much better with the cable plugged in there directly!

Anyway, I don’t object to stuff just because I don’t want it myself. This IS a functional case at least. The point of the unique appearance is to appeal to a few people, not to be yet-another-identical-iPod-product.

Posted by Nagromme on May 26, 2005 at 11:45 AM (PDT)

taking a dump is cool! everyone does it there’s nothing wrong with that. I think they were thinking that it’s cool. And that squeaky iPod loungers with no sense of humor would be totalyl disgruntled.

Posted by spaceace on May 26, 2005 at 12:00 PM (PDT)

Ichijoe,
Relax, dude.  If you don’t like it, then don’t buy it, you spazz!  Or better yet, help techmonk open his stupid iPod acessory store.
Yeah, it is pretty silly, but that’s no reason to spazz out about it.

Posted by maddys_daddy on May 26, 2005 at 1:32 PM (PDT)

iGuy…I wasn’t sure, but I guess now the iPod has a gender? If you buy several dozens of them you can play iPod army.

iPillsbury DoughPod? I’m confused did the iGuy undergo a transgender process.

My head is spinning…“Help Mr. Wizaaaaaaaaard!”

Posted by FahrenheiPod 451 on May 26, 2005 at 8:26 PM (PDT)

Only in America! The stupider the better! Stand beside me little iGuy, and guide me…

Posted by FahrenheiPod 451 on May 26, 2005 at 8:29 PM (PDT)

Alright, now I will have a friend to talk to! wink

Posted by Galley in Greenville, SC on May 26, 2005 at 10:22 PM (PDT)

That is freakin cool!  The most creative acc. I’ve seen all year.  I want one.  Too bad it dosn’t fit the mini though.

Posted by matt928347 in California on May 26, 2005 at 10:58 PM (PDT)

Guess you either love it or hate it

Posted by Yodaismyhomeboy on May 26, 2005 at 11:01 PM (PDT)

sweet! i want this thing SOOOOOOOO bad!

Posted by punkrockavocado in VA on June 16, 2005 at 6:13 AM (PDT)

Just got mine in the post. I love it. Rock it on your belt loop and walk around a shop or the mall—you get some positive attention.

Posted by Christopher on June 28, 2005 at 2:27 PM (PDT)

this item is now selling for $2….I’m in for one at that price!

Posted by david washington on September 30, 2009 at 12:41 PM (PDT)