Speck launches cases for new iPod family
Speck has launched a myriad of new cases for the iPod nano (with video), iPod touch, and iPod classic. Speck ToughSkin cases feature a rugged design with shock-absorbing rubberized bumpers and tear-resistant plastic. Available for the nano($25), touch ($25), and classic ($30), ToughSkin cases are available in black and clear. Previewed in our ‘08 iPod + iPhone Buyers’ Guide, Speck ArmorSkin cases for the nano($30), touch ($30), and classic ($30) also come in black and clear and feature a “chunky” textured rubberized skin to protect the rear, sides, and corners of the iPod, while a clear, flexible plate protects the screen and front of the iPod.
Speck ActiveFit Armband cases, available for iPod nano ($30) and iPod classic in classic grey and white, are made from breathable mesh material, and feature an adjustable Velcro armband, reflective material for safety, a sewn-in screen protector, and a non-slip design. SeeThru hard shell cases, available for the iPod touch ($30) and iPod nano ($25), are made from translucent hard plastic, and feature a snap-on design, included screen protection, and come in clear, black, pink, red, blue, aqua, green, smoke, and orange. The SeeThru nano case features interchangeable back plates for either a smooth surface or belt clip, while the SeeThru touch includes a hybrid belt clip/stand for watching videos.
Available in black, Speck’s TechStyle Classic case ($30) is hand-crafted leather case for iPod classic. It features contrast stitching, sewn-in screen protection, and a touch-thru Click Wheel protector. Also available for the iPod nano ($20) and iPod touch ($30). Finally, the PinStripe case ($30) is two-part, snap-together hard shell case covered in pinstripe fabric. It features a belt clip that also functions as a stand, touch-thru screen protection, and is available in black for the iPod touch. All cases are either now available or will be available in time for the holidays.
- IK Multimedia announces iRig Mic Studio
- Report: Apple outlines more stringent requirements for MFi case makers
- Report: Bose products returning to Apple Stores?
- Beats introduces Solo2 Wireless Headphones
- Logitech debuts Harmony Living Home line
- Microsoft unveils iOS-compatible Universal Mobile Keyboard
If you have a comment, news tip, advertising inquiry, or coverage request, a question about iPods/iPhones/iPad or accessories, or if you sell or market iPod/iPhone/iPad products or services, read iLounge's Comments + Questions policies before posting, and fully identify yourself if you do. We will delete comments containing advertising, astroturfing, trolling, personal attacks, offensive language, or other objectionable content, then ban and/or publicly identify violators.
- Apple filing reveals executive compensation plans, earnings
- Report: Apple Watch battery life expected to be about 19 hours
- Apple outlines limited HomeKit support for non-HomeKit accessories
- Report: Apple agrees to accept product inspections from Chinese government
- IK Multimedia announces iRig Mic Studio
- NimbleBit announces Apple Watch support for Letterpad
- Apple acquires music analytics firm Semetric
- Apple terminates Crimean developer agreements due to U.S. sanctions
- Apple commemorates Martin Luther King Jr. Day
- iLounge Weekly coming Monday, sign up now
- Lenmar Maven Battery Case for iPhone 6
- STM Studio for iPad Air 2
- VSN Mobil V.360 Camera
- Booq Booqpad for iPad Air 2
- Incipio offGRID Express for iPhone 6
- Incipio Tuxen for iPad Air 2
- Incipio Trestle for iPhone 6 Plus
- Urban Armor Gear Folio Case for iPad Air 2
- ZeroChroma Folio-Slide for iPad Air 2
- Twelve South BookBook for iPhone 6 Plus
- Can I cancel or ‘unsend’ sent iMessages?
- Ten Things You Didn’t Know About Apple’s HomeKit
- Reorganizing files in the iTunes Media Folder
- Exchange text messages between two iPhones with no cellular data plan
- The Booths of the iProducts Marketplace at CES 2015
- Hands-on with CarPlay at CES 2015
- iLounge announces its CES 2015 Best of Show Awards
- Five Things to Watch for at CES 2015
- Last-Minute Holiday Gift Guide for 2014
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iTunes 12