Speck launches cases for new iPod family
Speck has launched a myriad of new cases for the iPod nano (with video), iPod touch, and iPod classic. Speck ToughSkin cases feature a rugged design with shock-absorbing rubberized bumpers and tear-resistant plastic. Available for the nano($25), touch ($25), and classic ($30), ToughSkin cases are available in black and clear. Previewed in our ‘08 iPod + iPhone Buyers’ Guide, Speck ArmorSkin cases for the nano($30), touch ($30), and classic ($30) also come in black and clear and feature a “chunky” textured rubberized skin to protect the rear, sides, and corners of the iPod, while a clear, flexible plate protects the screen and front of the iPod.
Speck ActiveFit Armband cases, available for iPod nano ($30) and iPod classic in classic grey and white, are made from breathable mesh material, and feature an adjustable Velcro armband, reflective material for safety, a sewn-in screen protector, and a non-slip design. SeeThru hard shell cases, available for the iPod touch ($30) and iPod nano ($25), are made from translucent hard plastic, and feature a snap-on design, included screen protection, and come in clear, black, pink, red, blue, aqua, green, smoke, and orange. The SeeThru nano case features interchangeable back plates for either a smooth surface or belt clip, while the SeeThru touch includes a hybrid belt clip/stand for watching videos.
Available in black, Speck’s TechStyle Classic case ($30) is hand-crafted leather case for iPod classic. It features contrast stitching, sewn-in screen protection, and a touch-thru Click Wheel protector. Also available for the iPod nano ($20) and iPod touch ($30). Finally, the PinStripe case ($30) is two-part, snap-together hard shell case covered in pinstripe fabric. It features a belt clip that also functions as a stand, touch-thru screen protection, and is available in black for the iPod touch. All cases are either now available or will be available in time for the holidays.
- Apple adds ‘Beats by Dr. Dre’ section to online store
- Magellan intros Echo Fit sports smart watch
- Apple posts official Beats welcome announcement
- Nest Protect alarm returning to stores with lower price
- Samsonite acquires Speck Products for $85 million
- Beats introduces new Solo2 headphones
If you have a comment, news tip, advertising inquiry, or coverage request, a question about iPods/iPhones/iPad or accessories, or if you sell or market iPod/iPhone/iPad products or services, read iLounge's Comments + Questions policies before posting, and fully identify yourself if you do. We will delete comments containing advertising, astroturfing, trolling, personal attacks, offensive language, or other objectionable content, then ban and/or publicly identify violators.
- iLounge Game Spotlight: Pac-Man Friends
- Apple removes Secret app from Brazilian App Store
- Alleged Foxconn leak reveals iPhone 6 dimensions
- Reuters: Backlight redesign disrupted iPhone 6 production
- Apps of the Week: Star Walk 2, Swing Copters, Vine 2.5 + more
- Apple releases new iTunes 12 beta
- Alleged rear shell for 5.5” iPhone 6 leaked
- Video Review: Otterbox Agility Tablet System
- NFL Now channel comes to Apple TV
- New iPhone 6 schematic leak shows protruding camera lens
- Juno Labs Juno Power HUE Pro
- Parrot Minidrone Jumping Sumo
- Parrot Minidrone Rolling Spider
- Stem Innovation Izon View
- Zivix PUC Wireless MIDI Link
- IK Multimedia iRig Voice
- Ten One Design Magnus Air
- Go Design TravelCard Charger
- OtterBox Agility Tablet System for iPad Air
- SwitchEasy B’Spoke for iPad Air
- What’s New In Apple TV 7.0
- What’s New in iTunes 12
- iLounge Picks: Five Great Summer Party Speakers
- Editorial: Endings And Beginnings
- Live From CE Week 2014: Brand New iPad, iPhone + Mac Accessories!
- What’s New In iOS 8 For iPad, iPhone + iPod touch
- iLounge Multi-Editorial: WWDC 2014’s iOS 8, OS X Yosemite + More
- The Complete Guide to Apple TV Channels
- iHistory: From iPod + iTunes to iPhone, Apple TV + iPad, 2001 to 2010
- iHistory: From iPod + iTunes to iPhone, Apple TV + iPad: 2011 to Today