Speck launches cases for new iPod family
Speck has launched a myriad of new cases for the iPod nano (with video), iPod touch, and iPod classic. Speck ToughSkin cases feature a rugged design with shock-absorbing rubberized bumpers and tear-resistant plastic. Available for the nano($25), touch ($25), and classic ($30), ToughSkin cases are available in black and clear. Previewed in our ‘08 iPod + iPhone Buyers’ Guide, Speck ArmorSkin cases for the nano($30), touch ($30), and classic ($30) also come in black and clear and feature a “chunky” textured rubberized skin to protect the rear, sides, and corners of the iPod, while a clear, flexible plate protects the screen and front of the iPod.
Speck ActiveFit Armband cases, available for iPod nano ($30) and iPod classic in classic grey and white, are made from breathable mesh material, and feature an adjustable Velcro armband, reflective material for safety, a sewn-in screen protector, and a non-slip design. SeeThru hard shell cases, available for the iPod touch ($30) and iPod nano ($25), are made from translucent hard plastic, and feature a snap-on design, included screen protection, and come in clear, black, pink, red, blue, aqua, green, smoke, and orange. The SeeThru nano case features interchangeable back plates for either a smooth surface or belt clip, while the SeeThru touch includes a hybrid belt clip/stand for watching videos.
Available in black, Speck’s TechStyle Classic case ($30) is hand-crafted leather case for iPod classic. It features contrast stitching, sewn-in screen protection, and a touch-thru Click Wheel protector. Also available for the iPod nano ($20) and iPod touch ($30). Finally, the PinStripe case ($30) is two-part, snap-together hard shell case covered in pinstripe fabric. It features a belt clip that also functions as a stand, touch-thru screen protection, and is available in black for the iPod touch. All cases are either now available or will be available in time for the holidays.
- Apple reveals Beats Pill+ speaker
- Incipio acquires Incase
- Nike to offer customers cash in proposed FuelBand settlement
- iPod touch 6G: Unboxing + comparison photos
- Apple debuts ‘Apple Tested Cases’ web page
- Nest debuts Nest Cam, updates Nest Protect and Learning Thermostat
- Some Apple Music and iTunes Match services may be illegal in the U.K.
- Australian banks accused of anti-competitive behavior over Apple Pay lockout
- Happy Thanksgiving 2015 from iLounge!
- Apple reaches deal with UnionPay to bring Apple Pay to China
- DisneyLife subscription-based app launches in the U.K.
- Apple buys motion capture company Faceshift
- Apple CarPlay included in 2017 Mitsubishi Mirage
- Apple aims to launch Apple Pay in China by February
- MasterCard giving Apple Pay users free trips on London’s public transit system
- Apple wins DRM patent case against ContentGuard
- Parrot Hydrofoil Drone
- Apple Pencil for iPad Pro
- IK Multimedia iRig Pro DUO
- CableJive HeroDock
- Phiaton BT 330 NC Headphones
- Ecoxgear EcoPebble Powerbank + Speaker
- Lunatik Taktik 360 for iPhone 6/6s
- Belkin Charge Dock for Apple Watch + iPhone
- SwitchEasy Aero, N+, Nude, Play for iPhone 6s/iPhone 6s Plus
- Netatmo Welcome Smart Home Camera
- Under the Radar: 10 ‘hidden’ details about the new Apple TV
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 9.0
- Under the Radar: A closer look at smaller iPhone 6s and iPhone 6s Plus changes
- A First Look at iOS 9’s Transit in Apple Maps (Updated for watchOS 2)
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iTunes 12.2
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 8.4 + Apple Music
- CE Week 2015: IK Multimedia, Monowear’s Apple Watch bands + More
- Live From CE Week 2015: Brand New iPad, iPhone + Mac Accessories!
- Opinion: The ‘Grand Experiment’ of shifting to Google Photos
- Will removing a credit card from Safari also remove it from Apple Pay?