Speck launches cases for new iPod family
Speck has launched a myriad of new cases for the iPod nano (with video), iPod touch, and iPod classic. Speck ToughSkin cases feature a rugged design with shock-absorbing rubberized bumpers and tear-resistant plastic. Available for the nano($25), touch ($25), and classic ($30), ToughSkin cases are available in black and clear. Previewed in our ‘08 iPod + iPhone Buyers’ Guide, Speck ArmorSkin cases for the nano($30), touch ($30), and classic ($30) also come in black and clear and feature a “chunky” textured rubberized skin to protect the rear, sides, and corners of the iPod, while a clear, flexible plate protects the screen and front of the iPod.
Speck ActiveFit Armband cases, available for iPod nano ($30) and iPod classic in classic grey and white, are made from breathable mesh material, and feature an adjustable Velcro armband, reflective material for safety, a sewn-in screen protector, and a non-slip design. SeeThru hard shell cases, available for the iPod touch ($30) and iPod nano ($25), are made from translucent hard plastic, and feature a snap-on design, included screen protection, and come in clear, black, pink, red, blue, aqua, green, smoke, and orange. The SeeThru nano case features interchangeable back plates for either a smooth surface or belt clip, while the SeeThru touch includes a hybrid belt clip/stand for watching videos.
Available in black, Speck’s TechStyle Classic case ($30) is hand-crafted leather case for iPod classic. It features contrast stitching, sewn-in screen protection, and a touch-thru Click Wheel protector. Also available for the iPod nano ($20) and iPod touch ($30). Finally, the PinStripe case ($30) is two-part, snap-together hard shell case covered in pinstripe fabric. It features a belt clip that also functions as a stand, touch-thru screen protection, and is available in black for the iPod touch. All cases are either now available or will be available in time for the holidays.
- Nike to offer customers cash in proposed FuelBand settlement
- iPod touch 6G: Unboxing + comparison photos
- Apple debuts ‘Apple Tested Cases’ web page
- Nest debuts Nest Cam, updates Nest Protect and Learning Thermostat
- Monster: Apple booted us from MFi program over Beats lawsuit
- Report: Apple killed Beats home audio project after acquisition
- Apple to drop first-gen Apple TV, iPod classic support as of Sept 8th
- New Apple TV to feature motion sensitive remote
- Media companies balk at $40/mo. plan for Apple TV service
- Former Beats Music CEO Ian Rogers leaves Apple
- Apple partners with PayAnywhere for Apple Pay
- Report: iPhone 6S to retain 16GB base model
- Apple sends out invites to September 9 event
- iPhone 6S to get front flash mode? (Update: Rose Gold color on the way)
- Report: iPhone 6S to support Motion wallpapers
- Rumor: iPhone 6S Plus to have smaller battery, packaging revealed?
- Tech21 Evo Mesh Sport for iPhone 6 and Evo Elite for iPhone 6 Plus
- Thonet & Vander Koloss Bluetooth Speaker
- iHome iSP5 SmartPlug
- Spigen Apple Watch Nightstand S350
- DODOcase Lorna iPhone Wallet Case for iPhone 6 Plus
- SwitchEasy Blocks Customizable Dock Building Set for Apple Watch
- DODOcase Maritime Collection Multi-Angle Case for iPad Air 2
- Kanex iPhone ChargeSync Dock for iPhone 6 + iPhone 6 Plus
- Onanoff Sound Cover for iPad Air + iPad Air 2
- Native Union Clic 360 for iPhone 6
- A First Look at iOS 9’s Transit in Apple Maps (Updated for watchOS 2)
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iTunes 12.2
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 8.4 + Apple Music
- CE Week 2015: IK Multimedia, Monowear’s Apple Watch bands + More
- Live From CE Week 2015: Brand New iPad, iPhone + Mac Accessories!
- Opinion: The ‘Grand Experiment’ of shifting to Google Photos
- Will removing a credit card from Safari also remove it from Apple Pay?
- Can I mute Handoff calls coming into my Mac from my iPhone?
- How do I keep my iPhone calls from ringing on my Mac?
- Why doesn’t Traffic show up on my Today Notifications Screen?