Speck Products announces new 4G iPod cases | iLounge News

Speck Products announces new 4G iPod cases

picToday Speck Products is announcing two new cases for Apple’s newest 4G iPod. The 4G SkinTight case is a rubberized skin while the 4G iStyle features an all leather construction.

The SkinTight iPod Skin is made out of tear-resistant KRATON plastic and features a flex-away flap, allowing it to work with the iPod dock. Speck SkinTight rubberized skins come in 3 Colors (frosted clear, blue, and pink) and can be purchased individually for $19.95 or as a 3-Pack for $29.95. They will be shipping to consumers in two weeks ( August 31st, 2004).

The 4G iStyle leather iPod case features leather construction and an included plastic shied protects the iPod screen. The 4G iStyle also comes with a high quality removable swivel belt-clip. It comes in black for $34.95.and will be shipping out to consumers on September 23, 2004.

« Tunewear Icewear case now available for purchase

John Mayer iPod cases now available online »

Comments

Does this have a screen protection?

Posted by hmmm on August 18, 2004 at 8:40 AM (PDT)

FINALLY some 4G cases

Posted by ajlucas on August 18, 2004 at 8:41 AM (PDT)

The iSkin cases are supposed to ship the third week of August, which would just happen to be this week.  Since the Speck cases don’t ship till the 31st, it would be smart to hold off on pre-ordering these and wait to see the iSkin case if it does indeed come out on schedule.

Posted by Drew-Tang on August 18, 2004 at 9:39 AM (PDT)

I emailed them and they told me that there is no screen protection.

Posted by robbiesan in Arlingotn, VA on August 18, 2004 at 9:47 AM (PDT)

There is also no protection for the scroll wheel

Posted by robbiesan in Arlingotn, VA on August 18, 2004 at 9:47 AM (PDT)

one more thing-
The girl from Skin that emailed me back told me that they are going to have a clear flip stand version coming out in September, like the one for the 3g’s. It will have screen and wheel protection, but I would not invest in anything that doesnt have some sort of screen protection.  I could kind of care less about the damage done to the pretty white acryllic part of my ipod as much as i could the screen

Posted by robbiesan in Arlingotn, VA on August 18, 2004 at 9:50 AM (PDT)

Hello ,

Thank you for contacting iSkin.

Please be advised that the iSkins EVO and EXO2 are not compatible with the 4th generation iPod.

Our product development team is currently investigating the development of iSkin for the 4th generation iPod.  iSkin will issue an announcement to the public once we have the final product sometime in August.  I have no further details at this time.

Please sign up for our newsletter at [url=http://www.iSkin.com]http://www.iSkin.com[/url] to be notified of its release.

Thank you for your interest in iSkin.

Regards,
Michelle

ajlucas: where are you getting your information from?

Posted by Jayce on August 18, 2004 at 10:57 AM (PDT)

... I meant Drew-Tang

Posted by Jayce on August 18, 2004 at 10:57 AM (PDT)

i’m getting an iSkin.  not the knock-off (for further reference i have no idea which came first, but i prefer iskin)

Posted by Jeff on August 18, 2004 at 11:34 AM (PDT)

Aug09/04 - iSkin for the G4 iPod on in production
We’re working as fast as we can to bring you the new iSkin for the latest round of iPods. We expect to begin shipping in the third week of August.

This is off the main page of iskin.com.

Posted by Drew-Tang on August 18, 2004 at 12:47 PM (PDT)

With my 3G, I preferred using the Speck skins mainly because of the docking flap.  True, they don’t offer screen protection, but since I don’t intend on taking the skin on and off all the time, I ended up buying some clear sheet mylar from Office Depot or Staples (can’t remember which) and cut them to size to slip in between the skin and the 3G.

Works pretty well as a scratch protector for the screen and controls, at least as well as the film protectors I use on my IPaq pda. I suspect I’ll do the same for my 4G once the Speck product is finally available.

Posted by buffalowings on August 18, 2004 at 1:35 PM (PDT)

Why can’t the docking flap flip backwards instead of front-wards?  This would be much better aesthetically…

Posted by gametime on August 18, 2004 at 2:40 PM (PDT)

If it flipped backwards there would be a seam on the front of the iPod right in the middle of the scroll wheel. That would be aesthetically ugly.

Posted by hallo on August 19, 2004 at 6:16 AM (PDT)

thats just plain funny

Posted by robbiesan in Arlingotn, VA on August 19, 2004 at 7:07 AM (PDT)

####’s new 4G skins are coming out really soon in over six styles (not talking about colors). Wait for those.

Posted by Wait for Lajo on August 19, 2004 at 2:31 PM (PDT)

Anyone have the site for the current ####’s cases?

Posted by Robin Hood on August 20, 2004 at 4:26 AM (PDT)

Posted by null on August 20, 2004 at 5:05 AM (PDT)