Speck Products Announces Several New iPod Cases | iLounge News

Speck Products Announces Several New iPod Cases

By Dennis Lloyd

Publisher, iLounge
Published: Friday, June 13, 2003
News Categories: iPod Accessories

pic Speck Products has released many new cases for iPod including the new, all clear FlipStand with dock port access for new iPods for $29.95, the iSport waist pack with a built in safety light for new iPods for $44.95, and iPod Skin featuring dock port access and KRATON plastic for new model iPods. iPod Skin for original 5, 10, and 20GB iPods are also available. The iPod Skins are available individually for $18.95 and in 3-packs for $28.95 and come in white, blue or grey. Speck Products is accepting pre-orders for all new cases. iPod Skin and iSport are expected to ship on June 30th while the FlipStand is due to ship on July 22nd.

« iPod clone spotted, will Apple pursue?

DJ Rents Customized iPods to Businesses »

Comments

I wish that they had made a clear flipstand case for the classic ipods instead of just for the new ones.

Posted by revmike in hanford, ca on June 13, 2003 at 8:10 AM (PDT)

i wish i had a flying scooter.

Posted by Mike on June 13, 2003 at 9:31 AM (PDT)

It seems that iPod Skin for old 5GB can be used with iTrip.
And they even have the see-thru color, this is great!

Posted by jjclub in Taiwan on June 13, 2003 at 9:36 AM (PDT)

I ordered one before anyone got to, and i cant wait to get it. the guy at speck said that they attract a hell of a lot less dust than the stupid iSkins. I just wish they would #### sooner…

Posted by Rob on June 13, 2003 at 9:41 AM (PDT)

now the only question is get the skin or the hardshell case?

Posted by bobby on June 13, 2003 at 10:12 AM (PDT)

Oops, it seems that iPod Skin has no screen protection for iPod?

Posted by jjclub in Taiwan on June 13, 2003 at 10:40 AM (PDT)

I find the lack of an actual photo of the product a bit irritating.

Posted by dokoroko on June 13, 2003 at 12:22 PM (PDT)

I don’t get it!  They are covering my plastic covered iPod with plastic.

Posted by joe on June 13, 2003 at 12:32 PM (PDT)

Is it waterproof?

Posted by swimmer on June 13, 2003 at 12:33 PM (PDT)

I had the white Hardcase one for my 20GB, and I thought it was great it really protected the whole ipod.
Cant wait to get the clear one now for my new Ipod.Seems sooooooooooooooo long
til July. :O)

Posted by Danny on June 13, 2003 at 4:22 PM (PDT)

It seems that many companies are making these colorized, rubber “skin” covers, yet *none* of them cover the screen!

I’d love one of these rubber doodads to have a screen cover! Does anybody know of one in production?

Thanks

Posted by tim on June 14, 2003 at 3:49 AM (PDT)

Looking at the pictures, the cut-outs for the four buttons are rather small. In addition, the thickness of the plastic makes the buttoms very “deep” so if you have large or “meaty” fingers, it may be very hard to press the buttons.

Posted by 93732 on June 14, 2003 at 9:46 AM (PDT)

I seem to recall reading about skins that came with a plastic screen cover. Maybe this does too. Anyway, I want to be buying hard case. Do you think I should get this clear one, or wait around to see if the iSee is better? (Obvious I want a clear case)

Posted by Wolfman200 on June 15, 2003 at 2:48 PM (PDT)

does anyone know when theyre going to ship?  I keep emailing the guys over there but they never respond. Its been like 5 emails already….

Posted by Edwin on June 16, 2003 at 7:04 AM (PDT)

I have a 2nd Gen iPod and i had a blue iSkin and it sucked man. Too much dust and no screen protection. The I ordered the iSee off Apple.com and its awsome. Protection for the screen and you can see the iPod. Comes with a sturdy belt clip and headphone case. Fits 20gb perfect, 5gb and 10gb require you to put it rubber inserts. Its very easy. Best case for 1st and 2nd Gen iPods.

Posted by Raiders #1 on June 18, 2003 at 5:43 PM (PDT)

Mike, I loved your comment! Very funny.

Posted by Willm on July 8, 2003 at 7:10 PM (PDT)

Has anyone heard of that i.Sound iPod tripod shuffle speaker system thing? I hear it rocks. Does anyone have it? Know where to get it from?

Posted by Mike on July 14, 2005 at 12:25 AM (PDT)

Yea, i have an ipod shuffle speaker system from them. I got mine from some retailer guy on the net for pretty cheap. Not only did he give me an awesome deal by knocking off 10 bucks from MSRP but he made sure to send it to me right away. A true rarity these days. He told me it was cool to let out his email over the web, so I suppose after all these months, I’ll finally do it: .(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address)

Posted by Art on July 14, 2005 at 12:30 AM (PDT)