Speck ships SkinTight cases for 5G iPods | iLounge News

Speck ships SkinTight cases for 5G iPods

Speck Products today announced the availability of its new SkinTight rubberized cases for Apple’s fifth-generation iPods. The SkinTight cases come in 3-packs in two sizes (for 30 and 60GB iPods). Each $30 pack contains a clear, black and blue case, and three rubber-backed screen protectors. The cases also feature access to the hold switch and Speck’s “docking flap” to charge/sync your iPod without removing it from the case.

« Xitel intros HiFi-Link for iPod

Apple signs flash supply agreements; ships 30 millionth iPod [updated] »

Comments

Now, if the iPod only had a vibrate feature.  Looks like a decent case, but I hate the fact they’re bundling 3 at a time.  I’d gladly pay 1/2 the price for 1/3 the cases.

Posted by Tintin on November 21, 2005 at 10:55 AM (CST)

30 $ for 3 is not expensive !

I don’t know if I’ll buy these or the iSkin ones. Is it the same quality ?

Posted by Steph on November 21, 2005 at 11:38 AM (CST)

I have had mine for over a week now and it is good. I would say that it is a soild buy if you need a case ASAP! as I did. The only bad feature is the non covered usb port on the bottom. Who cares about the click weel being covered or not, just buy a donut…
In addition, it is a nice tough rubber and will stand a good beating! I am pretty rough on my ipod so I know. Also, the screen cover that comes with it offers much better protection and coverage than the iskin one.
Hope this helps!

Posted by E. on November 21, 2005 at 1:16 PM (CST)

“It’s got humps!”

lol

Posted by Hrothgar on November 21, 2005 at 1:22 PM (CST)

I really like the look of the case. My only concern is there is no attachments, no lanyard hole, no belt clip. Love the dockable design though. Love it.

Posted by Countach on November 22, 2005 at 1:13 AM (CST)

I’m for one GLAD there is no lanyard hole or belt clip.. I carry mine ipods in my pocket not around my neck like a retard.

b

Posted by psxp on November 22, 2005 at 1:58 PM (CST)

>I’m for one GLAD there is no lanyard hole or
>belt clip.. I carry mine ipods in my pocket
>not around my neck like a retard.

Must be painful when you’re sitting down. Unless you put it in your top pocket, in which case some kind of attachment, lanyand or whatever is still useful as a safety measure, in case you lean over and it slides out.

Posted by Countach on November 23, 2005 at 12:08 AM (CST)