Speck ships SkinTight protector for iPod shuffle | iLounge News

Speck ships SkinTight protector for iPod shuffle

pic Speck Products is now shipping its SkinTight iPod shuffle skin. Made of form-fitting Kraton polymer, the case “provides protection without adding bulk,” and features a two-piece design for easier synching/charging. The SkinTight is available immediately in clear, black and pink for $19.95. Speck said that red, blue, and green would ship on March 30.

« Analyst: Apple may be forced to offer subscription service [updated]

Motorola iTunes phone to be announced this week? »

Comments

$20 per? Bite me. >:o( Makes the 3 pack for $24 from extrememac look like a steal. And the exmac ones look a hell of alot cooler.

Posted by CanofAir on March 7, 2005 at 9:34 AM (PDT)

exactly what I thought… PacRim has 3 packs for $25, and you can customize your three pack with whatever colors you want.

Posted by ipod21 on March 7, 2005 at 11:42 AM (PDT)

why are all these companies making ones with a cover for the bottom piece? why not make it all once piece? i dont feel like losing the usb cover. either way, $20 is a complete rip off for only one. it’s not like the larger ipods that can scuff easily. the shuffle’s a piece of plastic. who cares that much about it! that’s the reason i like it so much.

Posted by mdwsta4 on March 7, 2005 at 12:37 PM (PDT)

crap, $20?

the build of the shuffle is basically a pen/usb drive, i don’t really see the necessity. if or when i get a shuffle, i will just leave it as it is.

Posted by rockthecasbah on March 7, 2005 at 4:40 PM (PDT)

These skins should be $10 tops.

When I got my shuffle I wanted something for it but it took everybody foever to get stuff out that by now who cares. My shuffle is scratched up. I’ve bumped it around and its ok. I think a case for the shuffle is 90% for looks and so far I haven’t seen any all that great looking.

Posted by CanofAir on March 7, 2005 at 6:07 PM (PDT)

$20 bucks is way too much . i always wear my around my neck between t shirts so it does not need surface protection. .i saw the apple one at mac world, is it way hot and provides crush protection which is a big plus.

Posted by silvertrailer on March 9, 2005 at 12:04 AM (PDT)

mdwsta4

Two-piece makes it nice for charging and syncing. But I agree, $20 for one skin is ridiculous! On eBay you can get two skins for $10.00.

Posted by judiekaren2 in Oregon on March 12, 2005 at 11:24 AM (PDT)