Speck unveils iGuy, SmartShell, HandyShell for iPad 2
Speck has unveiled its SmartShell and HandyShell cases for the iPad 2, as well as its iGuy Standing Cover for the original iPad and iPad 2. The SmartShell is a thin, 1.2mm thick hard shell polycarbonate case offering compatibility with Apple’s iPad Smart Cover, open access to all ports, controls, and cameras, and either a glossy or matte soft touch finish. It will be available in a variety of colors and is priced at $35. The HandyShell is a hybrid TPU and polycarbonate case offering a hinged, flip-out handle/stand on the rear, an extended bevel for screen protection, push-through protection for the volume and sleep/wake buttons, and open access to all other ports, controls, cameras, and the speaker. It is priced at $55. Finally, the iGuy Standing Cover is a whimsical, free-standing, kid-friendly foam case, featuring built-in “feet” and “arms,” open access to all ports, controls, cameras, and speakers, and compatibility with the first-generation iPad as well as the iPad 2. It is priced at $40; all three cases are listed as “coming soon.”
- Mophie debuts new Space lineup
- Philips announces Hue Go connected lamp
- Apple threatens action against accessory makers using leaked device specs
- IK Multimedia announces iRig Mic Studio
- Report: Apple outlines more stringent requirements for MFi case makers
- Report: Bose products returning to Apple Stores?
- WSJ: New Apple music service to debut at WWDC
- Updated Apple document claims Apple Watch won’t measure heart rate while in motion
- Report: Apple pursuing Drake for iTunes Radio guest DJ
- Typo to stop selling iPhone keyboard cases
- Apple issues workaround for Messages text string bug
- Apple acquires Metaio, an augmented reality company
- Apple stuck with court-appointed antitrust monitor
- Apple to unveil rewards system for Apple Pay
- GM bringing CarPlay to 14 of its 2016 Chevy models
- Upcoming kit will allow developers to build native Apple Watch apps
- Spigen Apple Watch Stand S330
- Griffin WatchStand for Apple Watch
- Apple iPhone Lightning Dock
- Witti Notti and Dotti
- PhoneSuit Elite 6 and Elite 6 Pro Battery Case for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Wren V5US Speaker
- Skech Base for iPad Air 2
- Anova Culinary Precision Cooker
- Phiaton MS 100 BA Earphones
- Olloclip Ollocase for iPhone 6
- Opinion: The ‘Grand Experiment’ of shifting to Google Photos
- Will removing a credit card from Safari also remove it from Apple Pay?
- Can I mute Handoff calls coming into my Mac from my iPhone?
- How do I keep my iPhone calls from ringing on my Mac?
- Why doesn’t Traffic show up on my Today Notifications Screen?
- Why doesn’t my iPhone reconnect to Wi-Fi after I turn it on?
- Why can’t I see the iPad-style landscape view on my iPhone 6 Plus?
- Is there a point to having both iCloud Photo Library and iCloud Photo Stream enabled?
- Why can’t I set a longer passcode timeout on my iPhone 6 Plus?
- Can I turn off Message Read Receipts for only some users?