Speck unveils iGuy, SmartShell, HandyShell for iPad 2
Speck has unveiled its SmartShell and HandyShell cases for the iPad 2, as well as its iGuy Standing Cover for the original iPad and iPad 2. The SmartShell is a thin, 1.2mm thick hard shell polycarbonate case offering compatibility with Apple’s iPad Smart Cover, open access to all ports, controls, and cameras, and either a glossy or matte soft touch finish. It will be available in a variety of colors and is priced at $35. The HandyShell is a hybrid TPU and polycarbonate case offering a hinged, flip-out handle/stand on the rear, an extended bevel for screen protection, push-through protection for the volume and sleep/wake buttons, and open access to all other ports, controls, cameras, and the speaker. It is priced at $55. Finally, the iGuy Standing Cover is a whimsical, free-standing, kid-friendly foam case, featuring built-in “feet” and “arms,” open access to all ports, controls, cameras, and speakers, and compatibility with the first-generation iPad as well as the iPad 2. It is priced at $40; all three cases are listed as “coming soon.”
- Mophie debuts new Space lineup
- Philips announces Hue Go connected lamp
- Apple threatens action against accessory makers using leaked device specs
- IK Multimedia announces iRig Mic Studio
- Report: Apple outlines more stringent requirements for MFi case makers
- Report: Bose products returning to Apple Stores?
- Details of Apple Watch’s heart monitor, limitations released
- Apple releases its 2015 Environmental Responsibility Report
- iLounge Weekly arrives on Monday, subscribe now
- Apple Pay coming to Canada later this year?
- Report: Apple being uncooperative with antitrust monitor
- Leaked cases may hint at ‘iPad Pro’ design details
- L.A. school district seeking restitution over failed iPad program (Updated)
- Apple partners with The Conservation Fund to protect U.S. working forests
- In-store sales of Apple Watch delayed until at least June
- Apple adds WWDC scholarships to promote diversity
- Parrot Bebop Drone
- Soen Audio Transit XS Wireless Speaker
- Divoom Voombox-party Portable Bluetooth Speaker
- Scosche MagicMount XL Dash/Window
- Theo Power Jump + Power Jump Wireless for iPhone 6
- VERT Wearable Fitness Monitor
- OORT SmartFinder, SmartLED + SmartSocket
- RooCase Exec Tough for iPhone 6 Plus
- Pronto Smart Remote System
- iWalk Extreme Spartan
- Why can’t I set a longer passcode timeout on my iPhone 6 Plus?
- Can I turn off Message Read Receipts for only some users?
- How do I share one iCloud Photo Library within a family?
- Can I turn off the app icons that appear in the bottom corner on the lock screen?
- Why do I have two separate conversations with the same person in Messages?
- Can I transfer the existing version of an app to my new iPhone?
- How do I quickly erase all of the contacts on my old iPhone?
- How do I disassociate my phone number from iMessage?
- How do I stop Siri from randomly waking up?
- How do I cancel a print job on iOS?