Speck unveils six new 5G iPod cases | iLounge News

Speck unveils six new 5G iPod cases

Speck Products today announced six new cases as part of its accessory lineup for the recently introduced fifth-generation iPod. The company said the cases, which are similar to Speck’s new iPod nano cases, have been “streamlined and tailored towards iPods with video capabilities.” Speck said the cases will begin shipping in mid to late November.

imageiPod SkinTight
The SkinTight rubberized skins come in a 3-pack (black, white and blue) for $29.95. Made of shock-absorbing Kraton, the skins are available for both the 30GB and 60GB iPod and feature screen protectors.

imageiPod SeeThru
These hard plastic cases offer a “seductive look” for your iPod and are available in three translucent colors (clear, black and red). They’re priced at $29.95 for a 3-pack.

imageiPod ToughSkin
The ToughSkin ruggedized iPod case features aggressive design and protection. Available in clear or black for $34.95, the ToughSkin includes a belt clip and screen protector.

imageiPod ArmBand
The SkinTight armband combines a “stylish, sporty look” with a soft comfort fit adjustable strap and earphone cord clips. The armband includes a SkinTight skin with screen protector. It sells for $34.95.

imageiPod Cloud FunSkin
This “fluffy cloud of protection and fun” fits both 30GB and 60GB iPods, and features a screen protector and removable belt clip. It’s priced at $34.95.

imageiPod Grass FunSkin
Speck’s other unique case has a green grass-themed design, screen protector and belt clip. The case fits both 30GB and 60GB iPods, and is also available in black. It sells for $34.95.

« Forums: TV & Video Forum, iPod box, Music, Eminem Ad

New Podcast: iLounge Week in Review 16 »

Comments

Where is the 5G iGuy case??? wink

Posted by SJB on October 21, 2005 at 7:31 PM (PDT)

when are you going to review these cases?

Posted by gaucho on October 21, 2005 at 8:32 PM (PDT)

the iPod SeeThru looks pretty good, if it’s similar to the agent18 or the Contour case that’s similar to the agent 18.

it’s just too bad they couldn’t lower the price by offering them separately instead of a 3 pack. i just want ONE case, not 3 in different colors.

Posted by blah on October 21, 2005 at 9:23 PM (PDT)

It’s interesting to me that some of these designs looked great to my eyes on the Nano, but leave me cold on the 5G. I thought the cloud and grass covers were very nifty in that thinner incarnation, but here they look kind of ugly. I do like the SkinTight ones, though, and the slighly redesigned ToughSkin is probably the sharpest of the bunch. I like the way the curved ridges accentuate the clickwheel.

Posted by Hrothgar on October 21, 2005 at 10:45 PM (PDT)

Yeah I’m Leaning toward the tough skin myself

Posted by Scarpad on October 22, 2005 at 7:00 AM (PDT)

Why is the center button of the click wheel so much bigger on the ToughSkin than the SkinTight? Is that just an illusion?

Posted by mr. indifferent on October 22, 2005 at 8:29 AM (PDT)

Speck webpage designer: “Now where was that scaling command in Photoshop again??? Oh, nevermind…no one will ever notice…”

Posted by flatline response on October 22, 2005 at 11:49 AM (PDT)

Yeah plus the wheel is kind of down and to the left in the skintight.

Posted by Joshdude in Long Beach, CA on October 23, 2005 at 2:23 AM (PDT)

You know what I think looks wierd about those SeeThru cases? If the plastic is colored red or smoke, how is that going to affect the screen? Won’t it tint everything red or make it darker? And why, oh why, are they in three packs? That’s incredibly stupid. I’d pick one (probably clear for the reasons above) and buy that. I don’t want three cases. Give me one for $10 or $15.

Posted by mrogers on October 23, 2005 at 8:37 AM (PDT)

Most of these look rather interesting to me, but my question is about the “light/dark” line down the middle.  Is that actually there, or just an artist rendition?

Posted by johnhummel on October 23, 2005 at 6:31 PM (PDT)

If these provide access to the connector on the bottom, I haven’t read it anywhere.

Posted by Thomas L Parker in Il. USA on October 24, 2005 at 5:16 AM (PDT)

The same question as anybody else, why should I buy 3 when I need just 1?

Posted by Rene Rios on October 27, 2005 at 10:54 AM (PDT)

The iPod SeeThru cases look cool, but you can only swap the backsides cuz i cant imagine someone using a tinted red/black front. That will only hinder the ipod screen.

Posted by roger on December 19, 2005 at 12:47 PM (PDT)

As far as the see through goes, why the hell would I want other colors?  I can’t see the screen, the clear(plain) ones look like they are the best design and protect the screen really well

Posted by Max on January 12, 2006 at 8:40 PM (PDT)