Speck unveils six new 5G iPod cases
Published: Friday, October 21, 2005
News Categories: iPod Accessories
Speck Products today announced six new cases as part of its accessory lineup for the recently introduced fifth-generation iPod. The company said the cases, which are similar to Speck’s new iPod nano cases, have been “streamlined and tailored towards iPods with video capabilities.” Speck said the cases will begin shipping in mid to late November.
The SkinTight rubberized skins come in a 3-pack (black, white and blue) for $29.95. Made of shock-absorbing Kraton, the skins are available for both the 30GB and 60GB iPod and feature screen protectors.
These hard plastic cases offer a “seductive look” for your iPod and are available in three translucent colors (clear, black and red). They’re priced at $29.95 for a 3-pack.
The ToughSkin ruggedized iPod case features aggressive design and protection. Available in clear or black for $34.95, the ToughSkin includes a belt clip and screen protector.
The SkinTight armband combines a “stylish, sporty look” with a soft comfort fit adjustable strap and earphone cord clips. The armband includes a SkinTight skin with screen protector. It sells for $34.95.
iPod Cloud FunSkin
This “fluffy cloud of protection and fun” fits both 30GB and 60GB iPods, and features a screen protector and removable belt clip. It’s priced at $34.95.
iPod Grass FunSkin
Speck’s other unique case has a green grass-themed design, screen protector and belt clip. The case fits both 30GB and 60GB iPods, and is also available in black. It sells for $34.95.
- ReSound Linx MFi hearing aid launches
- Mad Catz unveils C.T.R.L.i iOS controller
- Fitbit pulls, recalls Force fitness tracker
- Bose debuts SoundLink Bluetooth speaker III
- Scosche releases MagicMount system for iOS devices
- Apogee intros JAM 96k guitar interface, MiC 96k
If you have a comment, news tip, advertising inquiry, or coverage request, a question about iPods/iPhones/iPad or accessories, or if you sell or market iPod/iPhone/iPad products or services, read iLounge's Comments + Questions policies before posting, and fully identify yourself if you do. We will delete comments containing advertising, astroturfing, trolling, personal attacks, offensive language, or other objectionable content, then ban and/or publicly identify violators.
- Apple updates Remote app with improved Apple TV integration
- iOS 7.1 reveals two new iPad models?
- Apple TV 6.1 update released, allows users to hide channels
- Apple releases iOS 7.1
- Apple iPhone trade-in program arrives in Canada
- Apple TV adds iTunes Festival channel
- iLounge Game Spotlight: Doggins
- Apps: Findery, Gmail 3.0, Real Racing 3 2.1 + Star Wars: KOTOR 1.2
- Apple ‘scrambling’ to meet FTC deadline on in-app purchases
- Report: Mercedes working on aftermarket CarPlay installations
- Grovemade Bamboo iPad Case for iPad mini
- Soundfreaq Sound Rise SFQ-08 Wireless Speaker with Alarm Clock
- Chil PowerShare Reactor 5.1 Amp Multidevice Charger
- TwelveSouth SurfacePad for iPad mini
- Neptor NP056K Dual Port Portable Battery Charger
- RooCase Dual-View 360 for iPad Air
- Mophie Space Pack for iPhone 5/5s
- SnowLizard Products SLXtreme 5 for iPhone 5/5s
- Lepow Moonstone 9000mAh Power Bank
- Thought Out PED4 Planet IPA10 for iPad Air
- Viewing only downloaded iTunes Match tracks
- Splitting purchased content between two iPads
- iLounge’s 2014 CES Best of Show Awards: iPad, iPhone, iPod + Mac
- Preview: 7 Big Apple Trends To Expect At The 2014 CES
- Non-Bluetooth Lightning dock speakers
- Shared Apple ID and switching away from iPhone
- Syncing multiple iCloud data with a family Mac
- iMessages come in from email address instead of phone number
- Whether to include specific apps in iCloud backups
- Passcode entry field not appearing on iPhone