Spell Nomad table sports slot for iPad | iLounge News

Spell Nomad table sports slot for iPad

image

Spell, a Dutch lifestyle product company, has announced its new Nomad side table. Featuring a modern design with a large, circular foot and either a circular or rectangular top connected by a single cylindrical pole, the Nomad is made from wood and steel, with a dedicated slot for holding an iPad or other tablet-like device, and built-in openings in the support pole and top surface for routing and connecting a charging cable. Spell’s Nomad side table will be available in four different colors and is expected to ship in September; pricing has yet to be announced.

« Apple’s chief patent lawyer to leave the company

Piano Tutor for iPad adds MIDI support »

Comments

$290 euro for the table, are they nuts????

Posted by Mark on July 12, 2011 at 5:20 AM (CDT)

I like the concept and the price is just so high because there is no demand (yet).  However, I might stop at homedepot and build me my personalized slot table.  you can even use any wooden. metal table, cut a slot, smooth the edges, apply a scratch resident film, and install a stopper on the bottom part of the table which stops the ipad to slide through.  Its a very easy concept and if someone is handy and have the right tools, it’s a one day job.

We should actually do a little contest to see who comes up with the best table…. :D

Posted by dennis on July 12, 2011 at 8:12 AM (CDT)

Hmmmm…a one day job you say….8 X $ 50/hour.. Yeah they are nuts! I think I’ll buy one!

Posted by esther on July 12, 2011 at 10:22 AM (CDT)

lol,.. i can most likely design a attractive iPad slot in any table within minutes and I have the tools to do so.  I would probably charge not more to $ 75 to get any table modified :D ...

Just go to the local thrift store and see if u find a nice cheap table, sand it, modify it, spray paint it and good to go.

I love projects like that.

a few weeks ago, I’ve read of a bamboo slide cradle for the iPhone4.  That was a great idea!  I had 3000sft of thick beautiful bamboo that I cut down and threw away 3 years ago…. I coulda been rich now :D :D :D

Posted by dennis on July 12, 2011 at 11:47 AM (CDT)

Hah, just wait ‘till the dog tips that top-heavy table over onto your foot. Not only will your iPad crash to the ground, that slim table top will shear your toe off like a Vienna sausage.

Posted by rockmyplimsoul on July 12, 2011 at 1:13 PM (CDT)

@5

I think introducing a wild dog could make ANY gadget or thing sound dumb.

Posted by Clint on July 13, 2011 at 1:49 PM (CDT)

The base looks like a powder coated steel plate so I doubt it would tip over very easily.  But I wouldn’t feel comfortable putting my iPad into the top slot if it didn’t have some sort of way to lock it into place.

Posted by Marco White on July 13, 2011 at 9:01 PM (CDT)