Spotify launches in the U.S.
Popular European music-streaming service Spotify has now officially launched in the United States, along with the iOS app. The service and accompanying application provide users with access to a library of approximately 15 million music tracks. In addition to online streaming capabilities, iOS device users can sync their Spotify playlists to their device to listen even when no Internet connection is available and wirelessly sync their local music collection to merge it with the Spotify cloud. The app also includes the ability to create and sync playlists, receive music from friends via the inbox, star favourite tracks and scribble tracks to the Last.fm service.
The service is launching in the U.S. initially in an invite-only beta phase during which the company will be offering three plans: Spotify Free, its free ad-supported music service, Spotify Unlimited which provides ad-free PC-based access for $5/month and Spotify Premium which provides full online and offline access from a computer or mobile device along with enhanced sound quality and access to exclusive content for $10/month. Users can request an invitation from the Spotify web site for access to the free service or sign up directly for the Unlimited or Premium services without requiring an invite. The Spotify app is available as a free download from the U.S. App Store.
- Halo: Spartan Bundle, Cut!, Sago Mini Toolbox, Chrome, System Monitor + Tumblr
- Apple releases iOS 8.4 beta to developers, with new Music app
- Security change in iOS 8.3 limits some file manager and transfer apps
- Implosion, Last Voyage, Glass, Instagram + Snapseed
- Sprint, UK’s EE add Wi-Fi calling with iOS 8.3
- Apple releases iOS 8.3, iCloud Photo Library comes out of beta
- iLounge Weekly arrives on Monday, subscribe now
- Apple Pay coming to Canada later this year?
- Report: Apple being uncooperative with antitrust monitor
- Leaked cases may hint at ‘iPad Pro’ design details
- L.A. school district seeking restitution over failed iPad program (Updated)
- Apple partners with The Conservation Fund to protect U.S. working forests
- In-store sales of Apple Watch delayed until at least June
- Apple adds WWDC scholarships to promote diversity
- Samsung creates exclusive team to build Apple screens
- Ikea reveals US prices for Wireless Charging Collection
- Soen Audio Transit XS Wireless Speaker
- Divoom Voombox-party Portable Bluetooth Speaker
- Scosche MagicMount XL Dash/Window
- Theo Power Jump + Power Jump Wireless for iPhone 6
- VERT Wearable Fitness Monitor
- OORT SmartFinder, SmartLED + SmartSocket
- RooCase Exec Tough for iPhone 6 Plus
- Pronto Smart Remote System
- iWalk Extreme Spartan
- EnerPlex Surfr for iPhone 6
- Can I turn off Message Read Receipts for only some users?
- How do I share one iCloud Photo Library within a family?
- Can I turn off the app icons that appear in the bottom corner on the lock screen?
- Why do I have two separate conversations with the same person in Messages?
- Can I transfer the existing version of an app to my new iPhone?
- How do I quickly erase all of the contacts on my old iPhone?
- How do I disassociate my phone number from iMessage?
- How do I stop Siri from randomly waking up?
- How do I cancel a print job on iOS?
- How do I make my camera LED flash when my iPhone rings?