Squid cozy for iPod washes up
Mule Design has introduced a rather unique case for the iPod and iPod mini. The Cephal-iPod is a felt cozy in the form of a squid. The ten-armed iPod accessory is available at a special introductory price of $20.
“Your iPod’s glaring whiteness is relaying signals back to the humans. Protect yourself from harmful rays in style with this hand-crafted hip cozy made of (possibly) organic felt.”
The San Francisco-based Mule Design explained to iLounge how the Cephal-iPod came about.
“We’re basically big squid fans,” Mule Design’s Mike Monteiro said. “I’ve got a tattoo on my arm of a squid my son drew. Ever since seeing a documentary on how squids were poised to be the next dominant species on the planet I’ve kept an eye out for squid news. A few months ago I read a study that the squid biomass was now estimated to be larger than the human biomass. Figuring that the cause was lost,” he said facetiously, “and that we hadn’t done a very good job with the planet anyway, we made some shirts.
Monteiro said that caused a squid snowball effect. “Once people found the shirts they started emailing us about their squid blogs, squid bulletin boards, other squid paraphernalia, etc. It smelled like a zeigeist,” Monteiro said. “The name for the case came first. Cephalopod becomes Cephal-iPod way too easily. So we started drawing up ideas for tentacles and searching for the right eyeballs, and voila. Cephal-iPod.”
- IK Multimedia announces iRig Mic Studio
- Report: Apple outlines more stringent requirements for MFi case makers
- Report: Bose products returning to Apple Stores?
- Beats introduces Solo2 Wireless Headphones
- Logitech debuts Harmony Living Home line
- Microsoft unveils iOS-compatible Universal Mobile Keyboard
If you have a comment, news tip, advertising inquiry, or coverage request, a question about iPods/iPhones/iPad or accessories, or if you sell or market iPod/iPhone/iPad products or services, read iLounge's Comments + Questions policies before posting, and fully identify yourself if you do. We will delete comments containing advertising, astroturfing, trolling, personal attacks, offensive language, or other objectionable content, then ban and/or publicly identify violators.
- Verizon to allow users to opt out of web tracking ‘supercookies’
- Apple releases iTunes 12.1 update, adds Notification Center widget
- Chinese Government may require Apple to build ‘back door’ into iPhones
- Notes from Apple’s Q1 2015 earnings call
- Cook: Apple Watch shipping in April
- Apple Q1 2015: Record $74.6B revenue, 74.5M iPhones, 24.4M iPads
- Apple Pay support coming to more vending machines, kiosks, parking meters
- Apple releases iOS 8.1.3
- Apple TV adds 120 Sports channel
- Report: Bank verification methods leave Apple Pay vulnerable to fraud
- Harman Kardon Soho Wireless Headphones
- Odoyo Power+Shell EX Rechargeable Battery Case for iPhone 6
- Patriot Memory Fuel iON Magnetic Charging Case with Charging Pad for iPhone 6
- Lenmar Maven Battery Case for iPhone 6
- STM Studio for iPad Air 2
- VSN Mobil V.360 Camera
- Booq Booqpad for iPad Air 2
- Incipio offGRID Express for iPhone 6
- Incipio Tuxen for iPad Air 2
- Incipio Trestle for iPhone 6 Plus
- How do I turn off Reachability on the iPhone 6 Plus?
- How do I get a phone number on iMessage?
- Can I share in-app subscriptions among family members?
- Can I cancel or ‘unsend’ sent iMessages?
- Ten Things You Didn’t Know About Apple’s HomeKit
- Reorganizing files in the iTunes Media Folder
- Exchange text messages between two iPhones with no cellular data plan
- The Booths of the iProducts Marketplace at CES 2015
- Hands-on with CarPlay at CES 2015
- iLounge announces its CES 2015 Best of Show Awards