Steve Jobs iTunes conference call coverage
Head to MacMinute.com for live coverage of the iTunes Music Store anniversary conference call. There is an extensive list of news briefs from the call.
Some highlights courtesy of MacMinute:
- Jobs: The iTMS had a small profit this past quarter—0-70 million in one year is a good figure.
- Jobs: Music is background activity—movies are foreground activity—music is the revolution here.
- Jobs: we have to stay focused on the fact that people are buying iPods for music.
- Jobs: (joking): next big step is we want iPod to make toast. Toying with refrigeration, too.
- Jobs: upward trend in iPod sales—Apple is the only company in world offers unbeatable combo of iPod, iTunes and iTunes Music Store.
- Jobs: subscription services not succeeding—$1 to listen to a song for the rest of your life. People want to own music, not rent it—you own it… subscriptions make you pay over and over.
- HP expects to ship 8 million copies of iTunes on their desktops this year.
- Labels never asked for iTMS downloads to play on any other device besides iPod, says Jobs.
- Price is remaining 99 cents per song
- “Gonna help us a lot in the Windows market,” says Jobs. (WMA to AAC converter)
- Jobs: “Largest online catalog in the world. “Number one online music service in the world,” so “exceeded our wildest expectations”
- Apple releases iTunes 11.0.3 with new Mini Player
- Microsoft: Don’t expect iTunes app on Windows 8
- Apple launches ‘A Decade of iTunes’
- Apple adds ‘download later’ option to iTunes
- Court rules iTunes songs can’t be resold
- Apple adds freemium app warning in App Store
If you have a comment, news tip, advertising inquiry, or coverage request, a question about iPods/iPhones/iPad or accessories, or if you sell or market iPod/iPhone/iPad products or services, read iLounge's Comments + Questions policies before posting, and fully identify yourself if you do. We will delete comments containing advertising, astroturfing, trolling, personal attacks, offensive language, or other objectionable content, then ban and/or publicly identify violators.
- OtterBox acquires LifeProof
- LifeProof debuts Frē case for iPad mini
- Logitech debuts Wired Keyboard for iPad
- New Apple online store design alters focus, hides deals
- Apps: ABC Aquarium, Disney Jr. Appisodes, Pinterest 2.4 + Pocket Informant Pro 3.0
- Report: iOS 7 could see Flickr, Vimeo integration
- Apple CEO Cook testifies on taxes, faces Senate critics
- Google Play Music All Access to get iOS app support?
- Senate subcommittee accuses Apple of tax avoidance
- AT&T: All video chat apps will work over cellular in 2013
- HMDX Jam Plus Bluetooth Wireless Speaker
- Fitbit Flex Wireless Activity & Sleep Wristband
- Cambridge Audio Minx Air 100 + 200 Bluetooth + AirPlay Wireless Speakers
- Mophie Juice Pack Plus for iPhone 5
- Ultimate Ears UE Boom
- Trü Protection Trü-Fit Anti-Glare Film Set
- New Trent iCarrier IMP120D Dual USB Power Pack
- BlueFlame 2M Charge and Sync Cable with Lightning Connector
- HMDX Jam Party Bluetooth Wireless Stereo Speaker
- Logitech Harmony Ultimate Universal Remote Control
- Inability to use Find My Friends without a passcode
- Calendar info disappears after iCloud restore
- Remove old iCloud backup after restoring to a new iPhone
- Setting up a ringtone in iTunes
- Using a Wi-Fi hard drive with an iPad
- Backing up and restoring an iPod classic
- Can’t restore iPod touch without passcode
- Retaining older versions of Apps during an iOS Restore
- Can’t eject iPod nano without closing Firefox
- Can’t change iTunes Apple ID to iCloud e-mail address