Steve Jobs iTunes conference call coverage
Head to MacMinute.com for live coverage of the iTunes Music Store anniversary conference call. There is an extensive list of news briefs from the call.
Some highlights courtesy of MacMinute:
- Jobs: The iTMS had a small profit this past quarter—0-70 million in one year is a good figure.
- Jobs: Music is background activity—movies are foreground activity—music is the revolution here.
- Jobs: we have to stay focused on the fact that people are buying iPods for music.
- Jobs: (joking): next big step is we want iPod to make toast. Toying with refrigeration, too.
- Jobs: upward trend in iPod sales—Apple is the only company in world offers unbeatable combo of iPod, iTunes and iTunes Music Store.
- Jobs: subscription services not succeeding—$1 to listen to a song for the rest of your life. People want to own music, not rent it—you own it… subscriptions make you pay over and over.
- HP expects to ship 8 million copies of iTunes on their desktops this year.
- Labels never asked for iTMS downloads to play on any other device besides iPod, says Jobs.
- Price is remaining 99 cents per song
- “Gonna help us a lot in the Windows market,” says Jobs. (WMA to AAC converter)
- Jobs: “Largest online catalog in the world. “Number one online music service in the world,” so “exceeded our wildest expectations”
- Apple adds four new items to (PRODUCT)RED lineup, games get custom content for World AIDS Day
- Report: Apple’s video strategy has Hollywood confused
- Report: Apple acquired technology, employees from streaming music startup
- Apple releases iTunes 12.5.3
- Apple moving $9 billion in assets to Ireland
- Apple launches Spoken Editions of popular websites
- Apple enables Single Sign-On across all iOS 10 and tvOS 10 devices
- Apple releases fifth beta for tvOS 10.1 to developers
- Apple to start publishing its AI research
- Supreme Court rules against Apple in design patent case
- Study finds half of kids headphones exceed safe volume limits
- More iPhone 6s devices affected by shutdown bug; iOS update coming
- Apple releases sixth beta of iOS 10.2 to developers
- Developers pushing back against abusers of Apple’s App Store refund policy
- Apple lobbies for shared data, more public road access to test autonomous driving systems
- Apple Store app update allows purchases from Apple Watch
- Sen.se GuardPeanut
- iHome iZBT10 Zenergy Bedside Sleep Therapy Speaker
- Twelve South HiRise Duet for Apple Watch and iPhone
- IK Multimedia iLoud Micro Monitor
- JBL Under Armour Sport Wireless Heart Rate Headphones
- Edifier e235 Luna E Speaker System
- Clamcase ClamCase+ for 9.7” iPad Pro
- Scosche BoomBottle H2O+ Waterproof Wireless Speaker
- Thermos Connected Hydration Bottle with Smart Lid
- Beats Solo3 Wireless On-Ear Headphones
- Top Five: The Best Products for Building a Smart Home with HomeKit
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of watchOS 3
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of tvOS 10
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 10
- Inside the betas: iOS 10 Photos gets Advanced Computer Vision
- Inside the betas: iOS 10 Music app delivers ‘clarity and simplicity’
- Inside the betas: iOS 10 Maps gets a major redesign
- Inside the betas: iOS 10 shakes up the user experience
- Inside the betas: watchOS 3 promises a real speed boost
- Inside the betas: A sneak peek at what’s new in tvOS 10