Stores launch Nike+iPod products
As reported yesterday, Nike+iPod products are being rolled out today at Apple and Nike stores across the U.S. iLounge Editor-in-Chief Jeremy Horwitz is on hand at a Nike retail store in Newport Beach, California, and filed the below report and photos from the opening.
The most amazing thing is the extent to which Nike+ products have come to dominate the front of the store here. Not only are the products in each of the store’s three display windows—one with a huge banner, one with compatible clothes and shoes, and one just with shoes and a photo of a woman with white earbuds—but they’re prominent inside as well. Nike stores are now carrying iPod nanos. The store we visited only had 1GB nanos for sale. There’s a display with a packaged Sport Kit and boxed iPod nano, articles of clothing with white earbuds, and more. For Apple, this isn’t just a couple of Nike stores with celebrities on hand for photos: this is a full-chain push of this product.
Update 1: Check out iLounge’s First Look at the Nike+iPod Sport Kit, as well as initial photos of Nike+ shoes and apparel.
Update 2: Surprisingly, Nike has begun a retail push for the Sport Kit and Nike+ items outside of its own and Apple’s stores today. Chains such as Chick’s Sporting Goods have unveiled large kiosks, multi-page promotional literature, gobs of Sport Kits, and a wider-than-expected array of clothes and shoes. Besides the Moire and Zoom Plus sneakers, the company has released certain women’s pairs of Shox sneakers, as well as men’s and women’s shirts, jackets, shorts, and pants with iPod nano-sized pockets in their sleeves or fronts. iLounge’s editors have found that most of the Nike items make it virtually impossible to see the nano’s screen while inside, rendering the Sport Kit’s audio feedback feature especially useful.
- Apple intros space gray iPod touch, nano, shuffle
- Apple selling refurb seventh-gen iPod nano
- Apple releases software update 1.0.2 for 7th-gen iPod nano
- iPod nano 7G torn down, 220 mAh battery inside
- HardCandy Cases debuts new Nano Clip
- Apple releases iPod nano 7G software 1.0.1
If you have a comment, news tip, advertising inquiry, or coverage request, a question about iPods/iPhones/iPad or accessories, or if you sell or market iPod/iPhone/iPad products or services, read iLounge's Comments + Questions policies before posting, and fully identify yourself if you do. We will delete comments containing advertising, astroturfing, trolling, personal attacks, offensive language, or other objectionable content, then ban and/or publicly identify violators.
- Apple names Apple Watch execs, now hiring others
- Apple posts removal guide for U2’s Songs of Innocence album
- Apple medical trials will provide HealthKit insights
- iLife and iWork apps to be pre-installed on 64/128 GB iPhone 6/6 Plus
- Report: Apple gets 0.15 percent from each Apple Pay transaction
- Apple announces record 4M+ pre-orders for iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus
- iLounge Weekly coming Monday, sign up now
- Apple and U2 to work together on music innovation
- Video Review: Logitech Bluetooth Multi-Device Keyboard K480
- Apple delaying SMS Continuity until October?
- Zoom iQ6 XY Stereo Microphone for iPhone + iPad
- Bowers & Wilkins P5 Series 2 headphones
- Logitech Bluetooth Multi-Device Keyboard K480
- Cambridge Audio Bluetone 100 Bluetooth Speaker
- Cambridge Audio Go V2 Portable Bluetooth Speaker
- Soundfreaq Double Spot SFQ-09 Wireless Speaker
- iHome iBN6 Waterproof Bluetooth Speaker
- Grace Digital Ecostone Bluetooth Speaker
- Awesome Cables 6ft Braided Awesome Cable
- ZeroChroma Folio-Slide for iPad Air
- Multi-Editorial: On Apple’s iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus + Apple Watch
- What’s New In Apple TV 7.0
- What’s New in iTunes 12
- iLounge Picks: Five Great Summer Party Speakers
- Editorial: Endings And Beginnings
- Live From CE Week 2014: Brand New iPad, iPhone + Mac Accessories!
- What’s New In iOS 8 For iPad, iPhone + iPod touch
- iLounge Multi-Editorial: WWDC 2014’s iOS 8, OS X Yosemite + More
- The Complete Guide to Apple TV Channels
- iHistory: From iPod + iTunes to iPhone, Apple TV + iPad, 2001 to 2010