Stores launch Nike+iPod products
As reported yesterday, Nike+iPod products are being rolled out today at Apple and Nike stores across the U.S. iLounge Editor-in-Chief Jeremy Horwitz is on hand at a Nike retail store in Newport Beach, California, and filed the below report and photos from the opening.
The most amazing thing is the extent to which Nike+ products have come to dominate the front of the store here. Not only are the products in each of the store’s three display windows—one with a huge banner, one with compatible clothes and shoes, and one just with shoes and a photo of a woman with white earbuds—but they’re prominent inside as well. Nike stores are now carrying iPod nanos. The store we visited only had 1GB nanos for sale. There’s a display with a packaged Sport Kit and boxed iPod nano, articles of clothing with white earbuds, and more. For Apple, this isn’t just a couple of Nike stores with celebrities on hand for photos: this is a full-chain push of this product.
Update 1: Check out iLounge’s First Look at the Nike+iPod Sport Kit, as well as initial photos of Nike+ shoes and apparel.
Update 2: Surprisingly, Nike has begun a retail push for the Sport Kit and Nike+ items outside of its own and Apple’s stores today. Chains such as Chick’s Sporting Goods have unveiled large kiosks, multi-page promotional literature, gobs of Sport Kits, and a wider-than-expected array of clothes and shoes. Besides the Moire and Zoom Plus sneakers, the company has released certain women’s pairs of Shox sneakers, as well as men’s and women’s shirts, jackets, shorts, and pants with iPod nano-sized pockets in their sleeves or fronts. iLounge’s editors have found that most of the Nike items make it virtually impossible to see the nano’s screen while inside, rendering the Sport Kit’s audio feedback feature especially useful.
- Apple intros space gray iPod touch, nano, shuffle
- Apple selling refurb seventh-gen iPod nano
- Apple releases software update 1.0.2 for 7th-gen iPod nano
- iPod nano 7G torn down, 220 mAh battery inside
- HardCandy Cases debuts new Nano Clip
- Apple releases iPod nano 7G software 1.0.1
If you have a comment, news tip, advertising inquiry, or coverage request, a question about iPods/iPhones/iPad or accessories, or if you sell or market iPod/iPhone/iPad products or services, read iLounge's Comments + Questions policies before posting, and fully identify yourself if you do. We will delete comments containing advertising, astroturfing, trolling, personal attacks, offensive language, or other objectionable content, then ban and/or publicly identify violators.
- Cook ‘deeply offended’ by BBC allegations
- BBC investigative report claims Apple fails to protect Chinese workers
- Apple releases iOS 8.2 beta 3 to developers
- Tim Cook announces $20M raised for (PRODUCT)RED in internal e-mail
- Apple announces 64-bit and iOS 8 requirements for app updates
- Apple ordered to turn over records in Canadian iPhone antitrust probe
- Apple halts online sales in Russia
- Apple found not guilty in iPod, iTunes Store lock-in suit
- Apple Pay cards represent 90 percent of US credit purchase volume; Samsung readying rival service
- Apps of the Week: Microsoft’s MSN apps
- STM Dux for iPhone 6
- Kenu Stance Compact Tripod for iPhone
- SwitchEasy Boombox for iPhone 6
- STM Skinny Pro for iPad Air 2
- SwitchEasy Rave for iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus + Wrap for iPhone 6 Plus
- Dog & Bone Wetsuit for iPhone 6
- Belkin Qode Ultimate + Ultimate Pro Keyboard Cases for iPad Air 2
- Evollve Ozobot
- Skech Crystal for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus, Hard Rubber + Ice for iPhone 6
- Uniq Transforma for iPad Air 2
- Last-Minute Holiday Gift Guide for 2014
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iTunes 12
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 8.1
- An Easy Guide To Setting Up + Using Apple Pay In iOS 8.1
- Ten Things You Didn’t Know About iPad Air 2 + iPad mini 3
- Mind The Gap: What’s iPad’s Role In An iPhone 6 (Plus) World?
- Editorial: Why I Switched To T-Mobile (And You Might, Too)
- The Early Guide To Apple Watch Apps
- iLounge’s Top iPhone 6 + iPhone 6 Plus Case Picks (Fall 2014)
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 8.0