Student’s commercial for iPod touch to air this weekend
A new TV advertisement for the iPod touch, slated to debut this Sunday, is based on a fan commercial created by 18-year-old English student Nick Haley. Haley’s original commercial is set to the song “Music Is My Hot, Hot Sex” by the Brazilian band CSS and showcases the player’s music, videos, photos, Safari, and iTunes abilities. Haley uploaded the 30-second spot to YouTube, where it was spotted by Apple marketing employees, who asked TBWA/Chiat/Day employees working on the Apple account to contact Haley about producing a more professional version of the commercial. TBWA emailed Haley, saying, “We represent Apple and we’ve seen what you have produced and we’d like a chat with you.” Haley added, “This seemed ridiculous and far-fetched. My initial reaction was, someone wanted to steal it.”
Apparently little has been changed in the new version, which features more polished editing and has been shot in HD. Chairman and chief creative officer at TBWA Worldwide Lee Clow said, “we didn’t mess with his content” because “it has a charm to it, a youthful fun.” “My input was totally respected,” said Haley, stating that the agency’s efforts are “pretty similar” to his own. When asked what it means if consumers like him are willing to make commercials, Haley said, “That’s the whole point of advertising; it needs to get to the user,” adding, “If you get the user to make the ads, who better?”
- Apple to drop first-gen Apple TV, iPod classic support as of Sept 8th
- Apple releases iOS 8.4.1, iTunes 12.2.2
- Apple releases fifth iOS 9 beta to developers
- Apple releases second iOS 8.4.1 beta to developers
- Apple releases second iOS 9 public beta
- Home Sharing for Music returns in iOS 9 beta 4
- Report: iPad Pro to be official name of large iPad, more details revealed
- Mozilla begins rollout of Firefox for iOS preview
- Google releases Google Street View app for iOS
- Apple admits Apple Music still needs work, says iTunes downloads remain strong
- Judge approves $415M settlement in anti-poaching lawsuit
- Report: Apple to debut ‘iPad Pro’ on Sept. 9
- iPhone 6S to use 7000 series aluminum from Apple Watch Sport
- CBS Sports to stream Super Bowl 50, select NFL games on Apple TV
- Report: New Apple TV gets A8 chip, but not 4K support
- Report: New Apple TV will feature universal search, cost $149
- Divoom AuraBox Bluetooth Speaker
- Belkin WeMo + OSRAM Lightify White Tunable Starter Set
- Logitech Logi BLOK cases for iPad mini + iPad Air 2
- IK Multimedia iKlip Case for iPhone 6 + iPhone 6 Plus
- Odoyo KickStand Charging Dock for Apple Watch
- Tech21 Evo Mesh Sport for iPhone 6 and Evo Elite for iPhone 6 Plus
- Thonet & Vander Koloss Bluetooth Speaker
- iHome iSP5 SmartPlug
- Spigen Apple Watch Nightstand S350
- DODOcase Lorna iPhone Wallet Case for iPhone 6 Plus
- A First Look at iOS 9’s Transit in Apple Maps (Updated for watchOS 2)
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iTunes 12.2
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 8.4 + Apple Music
- CE Week 2015: IK Multimedia, Monowear’s Apple Watch bands + More
- Live From CE Week 2015: Brand New iPad, iPhone + Mac Accessories!
- Opinion: The ‘Grand Experiment’ of shifting to Google Photos
- Will removing a credit card from Safari also remove it from Apple Pay?
- Can I mute Handoff calls coming into my Mac from my iPhone?
- How do I keep my iPhone calls from ringing on my Mac?
- Why doesn’t Traffic show up on my Today Notifications Screen?