Sumajin Announces Smartwrap Headphone Cord Manager | iLounge News

Sumajin Announces Smartwrap Headphone Cord Manager

picSmartwrap, winner of ID magazine’s Design Distinction award, is a cord manager for headphone cables designed and developed by Sumajin, an industrial design firm in Singapore. You snap the cord into place at one of two places then wrap and snap into place again. Smartwraps come in seven colors and are produced in limited quantities. Sumajin is now accepting orders via email as they get their online ordering system ready. Each Smartwrap is $5 plus $5 shipping and takes up to 14 days to arrive. Sumajin also makes the fun and playful Flex Champion, a small gadget in the shape a person flexing its muscles overhead. It can be used on keychains, bags, zippers, etc. Contact .(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address) for more info. Click ‘Read more’ for photos.

pic
pic
pic

« iPod theme in OS X with Shapeshifter

Economic Analysis:  iTunes/iPod vs. RIAA/CD Retail Distribution »

Comments

Don’t they sell something similar in hardware shops for wire?

Posted by AZ on November 18, 2003 at 9:12 AM (PDT)

They look pretty cool smile

Posted by Aspect on November 18, 2003 at 10:21 AM (PDT)

That is so darn useful. I could totally use two or three of those. I wonder why nobody came up with one of those before. Or at least as cool-looking.

Posted by superbalde in San Diego, CA on November 18, 2003 at 1:19 PM (PDT)

Ingenious!

Posted by Albert on November 18, 2003 at 2:17 PM (PDT)

Does this come with a clip to clip to your shirt or something so that it doesn’t weigh the earphones down?

Posted by Outrager on November 18, 2003 at 3:14 PM (PDT)

One of those products that I wish I had thought of.  Brilliant and simple.

Posted by stark23x on November 18, 2003 at 3:39 PM (PDT)

those flex things look nifty…so….what exactly do they do?

Posted by riceboi on November 18, 2003 at 5:13 PM (PDT)

We are only producing limited amount for each series of colours for both smartwrap and FLEX.

We will be changing to a new colours once the stock is soldout.

Its a fun item to have.

Posted by Marcus Ting on November 19, 2003 at 8:13 AM (PDT)

We will be changing to a new colours once the stock is soldout.

Its a fun item to have.

Posted by Marcus Ting on November 19, 2003 at 8:14 AM (PDT)

Wat does the flex champion do?  The SmartWrap is a great acessories! Better than using rubberbands to shorten the cords on my SONY MDR-300V.

Posted by NelLy on November 19, 2003 at 3:30 PM (PDT)

The FLEX is a modern accessory.Its role to to enhence the user’s interaction by attaching it as a visual aid for Keys,Bags and zips…in bright colours and 2 colour mix.

Attach it to places that are hard to find sometimes, Colour your gear.

I use them on my laptop bags on small zippers.Its made of soft elastic material so its very light ,washable and great to hold.

Posted by Marcus Ting on November 19, 2003 at 6:26 PM (PDT)

I found out about these yesterday, sent an email to Marcus requesting an order form or instructions for order.  He replied within an hour (I sent my email at 12M PST.  Using the above photos, just let him know how many, what colors, and which items.  He’ll send you an email to confirm what you want, then a PayPal invoice for you to make your payment.  Service was extremely fast, friendly and efficient!  I would assume that they will be inundated with orders for these fun and handy gadgets.  Thanks to Marcus for his great service and I look forward to getting them!

Posted by Jean MacTarnahan on November 20, 2003 at 10:14 PM (PDT)

I’ve just received my order of smartwrap! They are great! Light and funky colors. I’ve ordered white, which looks great with my ipod and the other colors green, purple, blue to match my outfit and accessories.  My friends have been asking me where i got it.  It’s the perfect gift for Christmas. Keep up the good work!

Posted by ipod user on November 21, 2003 at 3:11 AM (PDT)

The post above mine sounds like an advertisement to me. =)

Posted by Outrager on November 21, 2003 at 10:09 AM (PDT)

Thanks for your comment! However, I’m very pleased with my purchase.

Posted by ipod user on November 21, 2003 at 7:14 PM (PDT)

i wonder whats better, this product or the earbuddy

i dunno, this one is quite alot more then the ear buddy.  you can get 3 ear buddy’s for $1. . . .soo whats so great about this one that it costs $5?

Posted by theman on December 6, 2003 at 2:04 PM (PDT)

Smartwrap has a good following with buyers who appreciate good design, with a soft touch which user love.

The design has been awarded Design Distinction in ID magazine 02.

Posted by Marcus Ting on December 6, 2003 at 6:24 PM (PDT)

Hmmmm.. placed my order, paid via PayPal, and received a string of emails trying to sell me those Flex things. That’s all. Hope the smartwraps arrive before Christmas.

Posted by kernelg on December 13, 2003 at 5:46 AM (PDT)

Hey theman,

I’m just gonna take a stab in dark here and say that the Earbuddy is a lot cheaper because it’s… UGLY!!!!

Posted by tonicboy on December 21, 2003 at 1:30 PM (PDT)

They’re currently giving these away with the STM Cocoon (read the review on ipodlounge) for a limited time. They’re really cool!

Posted by alittlecubicle in Australia on May 24, 2004 at 3:47 PM (PDT)