Supposed ‘iPhone 4S’ casing appears online
Images of a part that appears to be a casing for a revision of the iPhone 4 have appeared online. Mac Rumors, which received the images from iPatchiPods, reports that the casing looks much like that of the iPhone 4, but with a few noticeable differences. Most notably are two antenna breaks at the bottom of the casing—setting it apart from similar parts for both the GSM and CDMA versions of the iPhone 4—which may suggest that this new handset will offer GSM and CDMA connectivity, although that has yet to be determined. In addition, the mute and volume controls are on the same side, as seen on the iPhone 4 and unlike the holes on recent supposed iPhone 5 cases, and the bottom portion of the frame lacks a defined area for the Home button, as was seen in the corresponding parts on the iPhone 4. While the report states that iPatchiPods believes this casing is intended for a revision of the iPhone 4, it remains a possibility that it is simply a piece for a well-made clone, or for a never-to-be-released Apple prototype.
- Apple releases iOS 8.4 beta to developers, with new Music app
- Sprint, UK’s EE add Wi-Fi calling with iOS 8.3
- Apple releases iOS 8.3, iCloud Photo Library comes out of beta
- Apple expands iPhone trade-in program to non-Apple devices
- Apple planning to release three iPhone models this year?
- Apple releases iOS 8.3 beta 4
- iLounge Weekly arrives on Monday, subscribe now
- Apple Pay coming to Canada later this year?
- Report: Apple being uncooperative with antitrust monitor
- Leaked cases may hint at ‘iPad Pro’ design details
- L.A. school district seeking restitution over failed iPad program (Updated)
- Apple partners with The Conservation Fund to protect U.S. working forests
- In-store sales of Apple Watch delayed until at least June
- Apple adds WWDC scholarships to promote diversity
- Samsung creates exclusive team to build Apple screens
- Ikea reveals US prices for Wireless Charging Collection
- Soen Audio Transit XS Wireless Speaker
- Divoom Voombox-party Portable Bluetooth Speaker
- Scosche MagicMount XL Dash/Window
- Theo Power Jump + Power Jump Wireless for iPhone 6
- VERT Wearable Fitness Monitor
- OORT SmartFinder, SmartLED + SmartSocket
- RooCase Exec Tough for iPhone 6 Plus
- Pronto Smart Remote System
- iWalk Extreme Spartan
- EnerPlex Surfr for iPhone 6
- Can I turn off Message Read Receipts for only some users?
- How do I share one iCloud Photo Library within a family?
- Can I turn off the app icons that appear in the bottom corner on the lock screen?
- Why do I have two separate conversations with the same person in Messages?
- Can I transfer the existing version of an app to my new iPhone?
- How do I quickly erase all of the contacts on my old iPhone?
- How do I disassociate my phone number from iMessage?
- How do I stop Siri from randomly waking up?
- How do I cancel a print job on iOS?
- How do I make my camera LED flash when my iPhone rings?